TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Your SGT a Daily Driver?

jaydub Mach1

Hi,

I was wondering how many owners use their SGT as a daily driver?

I plan on using mine as one, since I now can't afford 2 cars. :lol::lol:

Mine was intended to be a daily driver, as I wanted a new Mustang. But then Dave took over the ordering of Mods. Now I don't dare leave it unattended anywhere. Oh well, I have a really sweet ride though!!!! It makes it that much more special when I do drive it. So I still have to buy another vehicle to drive everyday!

Sherri

Mine was intended to be a daily driver, as I wanted a new Mustang. But then Dave took over the ordering of Mods. Now I don't dare leave it unattended anywhere. Oh well, I have a really sweet ride though!!!! It makes it that much more special when I do drive it. So I still have to buy another vehicle to drive everyday!

Sherri

i have had my sgt for about 3 weeks 2300 miles, I will ebjoy this ride ;)

I can't say mine is a daily driver. My wife and I commute to work together and typically we commute in our Expedition. I drive it on weekends and, if my wife or I are traveling then I'll commute in it because the Expedition is "her car". My SGT now has almose 1200 miles on it after 3.5 months of ownership (i.e., I appear to be averaging about 4100 miles / year at the moment).

I drive it everyday..and love every minute of it !!

I also want to add...that I have lost weight since I have to park it 5 miles from where I am going hahaha...but that didn't hurt me either :P :lol:

I am keeping my eyes peeled for an older mustang that I can fix up a bit and use as my daily driver.

I am lucky living in Florida....that we have year around driving weather :D

Hi,

I was wondering how many owners use their SGT as a daily driver?

I plan on using mine as one, since I now can't afford 2 cars. :lol::lol:

i live in s.w.mont and we get snow ...i guess i will have to park mine(SGT 3873) in the garage because after reading the shelby owners manuel it says NEVER RUN TIRE CHAINS ON YOU NEW SHELBY..

i live in s.w.mont and we get snow ...i guess i will have to park mine(SGT 3873) in the garage because after reading the shelby owners manuel it says NEVER RUN TIRE CHAINS ON YOU NEW SHELBY..

RIGHT NOW MINE JUST TURNED 785 MILES, IVE HAD IT SINCE MAY 5 2007 SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS ????

RIGHT NOW MINE JUST TURNED 785 MILES, IVE HAD IT SINCE MAY 5 2007 SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS ????

That's nothing! There was a guy at a car show a few weeks ago with one he picked up in April. It had 287mi on it and he said 40 of them were coming to the show. He hadn't even washed it yet so he said it had the original dust!

:wacko:

Ours is mostly a weekend warrior. I have driven it to work to show it off a time or two. Even had a delivery guy stop and take pictures of it in the parking lot. The wife has driven it to work a couple of times and the rest is mostly taking friends and neighboors for rides. We do have some pretty good curvey roads near us that are fun to drive at 6am on Sunday mornings. Would love to take it to Hallet Raceway after the new wears off.

Driven daily. Still considering what to do when snow hits...

If I buy a "beater" for the winter, it definitely will NOT snow in NY this year.

Jer

Mine is not just a daily driver...it is a daily driver that also has two car seats in the back for a 7 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. Picked up the car Feb. 28th and have put 5980 on it as of this AM. I'm here in Austin, TX where we don't have to worry about snow.

I've got a dime sized door ding from when my 7 year old hit it with the door of my wife's Tahoe...happened right before my eyes. It hurt, bad and was one of those slow motion events in which I was yelling "Noooooooooooooo" as I saw what was coming. :D

I've already had to come to realization that mine will never stay perfect...but it is so much dang fun to drive every day, I have no regrets. In a perfect world, I would have one to drive every day and one garaged to keep pristine. I try to get it all washed and pretty every weekend, but don't always succeed.

Once school starts again, I will be treated to watching all of the elementary school boys drool and stare as I drop my daughter off in the mornings...that makes her think she is pretty cool.

I've got a dime sized door ding from when my 7 year old hit it with the door of my wife's Tahoe...happened right before my eyes. It hurt, bad and was one of those slow motion events in which I was yelling "Noooooooooooooo" as I saw what was coming. :D

Just FYI, those mobile pop-a-dent or hail damage places work great for those dings.

While I was at work one day, my father-in-law decided one day to take a basket ball goal down off my wifes old house which was mounted right above the garage door, right above my pristine and (at the time) beloved 96 Z-28 convertible

I guess you can see where I'm going with this....Yeah, he's and idiot and we don't like each other much.

Anyway, the backboard came down and the corner landed perfect in the center of my hood. I looked as if someone took a ball peen hammer and just smacked it really good one time - about silver dollar sized.

I called a local unit and $125 later, you could not tell it ever happened!

They work it out with dry ice or something like that.

He never offered to pay for the damage or even said he was sorry.

Just FYI, those mobile pop-a-dent or hail damage places work great for those dings.

While I was at work one day, my father-in-law decided one day to take a basket ball goal down off my wifes old house which was mounted right above the garage door, right above my pristine and (at the time) beloved 96 Z-28 convertible

I guess you can see where I'm going with this....Yeah, he's and idiot and we don't like each other much.

Anyway, the backboard came down and the corner landed perfect in the center of my hood. I looked as if someone took a ball peen hammer and just smacked it really good one time - about silver dollar sized.

I called a local unit and $125 later, you could not tell it ever happened!

They work it out with dry ice or something like that.

He never offered to pay for the damage or even said he was sorry.

Yeah, I've been planning on taking it to one of these places soon...just haven't gotten around to it. I've heard they work well...thanks for the backup.

Archived