TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cerificate of title

stg

my car was fin with a bank , it says on the paper work mustang gt , on the title it says 2007 ford, tudor, hp code 41, why is it the Ford motor Comp. does not fin. it as a mustang gt. they need to no if it is a shelby. THE ONLY ONE'S WHO NEED TO NO IF IT HAS SPECIAL EQU ,,, IS THE INS COMPANY THKS STG

my car was fin with a bank , it says on the paper work mustang gt , on the title it says 2007 ford, tudor, hp code 41, why is it the Ford motor Comp. does not fin. it as a mustang gt. they need to no if it is a shelby. THE ONLY ONE'S WHO NEED TO NO IF IT HAS SPECIAL EQU ,,, IS THE INS COMPANY THKS STG

alright first of all, no more abbreviations, other then the basic LOL. I mean I have no clue as to what your saying. What is FIN??? but anyway, the SGT is titled as a Ford Mustang GT

alright first of all, no more abbreviations, other then the basic LOL. I mean I have no clue as to what your saying. What is FIN??? but anyway, the SGT is titled as a Ford Mustang GT

OPPS vin ;) SO WHY DOES THE FORD MOTOR COMP. give u the fin. for a ford gt @ 5.9 % ??

I hv no id wh ths gy's sayg.

I put in for a loan with ford was appr. for 37900, ;) the car was less!! then ford was told it was a shelby gt , then ford said they could not give 5.9% because it was a shelby ???

I think what your saying is that when Ford found out it was a Shelby they did not give you the rate........it that correct?

And just for the record the 1995 Cobra "R" model was also listed as a Mustang GT and titled as such. It was the base car that the model was built from.

I think what your saying is that when Ford found out it was a Shelby they did not give you the rate........it that correct?

And just for the record the 1995 Cobra "R" model was also listed as a Mustang GT and titled as such. It was the base car that the model was built from.

ok thks thks for your help stg

I think i just deciphered his first post......

my car was finANCED with a bank , it says on the paper work mustang gt , on the title it says 2007 ford, tudor(TWODOOR), hp code 41, why is it the Ford motor Comp. does not finANCE. it as a mustang gt. they need to no if it is a shelby. THE ONLY ONE'S WHO NEED TO NO IF IT HAS SPECIAL EQU ,,, IS THE INS COMPANY THKS STG

I think i just deciphered his first post......

my car was finANCED with a bank , it says on the paper work mustang gt , on the title it says 2007 ford, tudor(TWODOOR), hp code 41, why is it the Ford motor Comp. does not finANCE. it as a mustang gt. they need to no if it is a shelby. THE ONLY ONE'S WHO NEED TO NO IF IT HAS SPECIAL EQU ,,, IS THE INS COMPANY THKS STG

Now that helped a lot! :lol::lol::lol:

Ok..now I understand where his handle came from! STG is supposed to be SGT! We don't mean to make fun in a mean way but please, if you want help, PLEASE do a spell check and read what you have written BEFORE posting!

Now, as a side note...did you know you can read text, no matter how badly misspelled if the first and last letter are correct? try this!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

I haven't received my title yet from GA to have the car registered in NC, but I believe that Michael listed it as a "Shelby GT" in one place and an "SGT" in another.

I'm not very familiar with the details on this, but I do remember that he went out of his way to get the car documented as a Shelby everywhere he could, but I'm guessing that most dealers treat it just like any other Mustang GT when completing the paperwork.

I haven't received my title yet from GA to have the car registered in NC, but I believe that Michael listed it as a "Shelby GT" in one place and an "SGT" in another.

I'm not very familiar with the details on this, but I do remember that he went out of his way to get the car documented as a Shelby everywhere he could, but I'm guessing that most dealers treat it just like any other Mustang GT when completing the paperwork.

Let us know what happens. In my state, IL, it doesn't matter what you write they go by the VIN decode it it reads Mustang GT.

Ok..now I understand where his handle came from! STG is supposed to be SGT! We don't mean to make fun in a mean way but please, if you want help, PLEASE do a spell check and read what you have written BEFORE posting!

Now, as a side note...did you know you can read text, no matter how badly misspelled if the first and last letter are correct? try this!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

good one,, one eye going bad, spell check not working on this piece of tihs ;)

all in fun SSA O ;)

In most States it will be registered as a Mustang GT per the Ford vin #. Your insurance company will treat it as such--THUS it is highly recommended you have a talk with your Insurance comapny and get an adjustment for added value otherwise in an accident they will just pay you for a Mustang GT. You need to do more then just call-get a rider on your policy for the added value or you are vastly underinsured.

As for Ford Finance-they can do what they want depending on how cars are selling...until recently they wouldn't give good rates on normal GT's...GT500s and Shelby GT's are such low production vehicles and generally 'move' so they haven't decided to offer 'deals' and exclude them. Their money, their rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the title/registration question.

My SGT is titled as follows

Year - 2007

Make - Ford

Model - Shelby GT

The dealer actually asked me what I wanted for the Model and said "you might as well put Shelby GT, your paying for it"

I thought it would be nice to have "Shelby GT" on the title.

As for the insurance, State Farm thinks its a Mustang GT. I didnt even think of putting a rider on the policy. I will do that tomorrow.

Back to the title/registration question.

My SGT is titled as follows

Year - 2007

Make - Ford

Model - Shelby GT

The dealer actually asked me what I wanted for the Model and said "you might as well put Shelby GT, your paying for it"

I thought it would be nice to have "Shelby GT" on the title.

Pretty much what I expected from my discussions with Michael down in GA. Unfortunately, when it was titled in NC, this was overridden and it went back to the standard 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe 2-door, or whatever. It appears that NC has recently linked to the national manufacturer database (or whatever)... :(

As for the insurance, State Farm thinks its a Mustang GT. I didnt even think of putting a rider on the policy. I will do that tomorrow.

While it took about a month for my State Farm agent to go back and forth with the underwriters, they finally got it right. Luckily, I started this process when the car was ordered, not received, so everything was in order when it arrived. Basically, they bumped the value up by $8K for the conversion, but kept the class listed as a standard Mustang GT. That way, in the event of a total loss, the payout is $38K (I have confirmed this multiple times since), but the rates are very similar to a standard Mustang GT as only the increased value, and not the performance, is being recognized. :)

Archived