TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming out of the closet

srf73

Picked up CSM1638 from the dealer this morning. It has CS6/GT-H hood, non-SC gauge package, lower grill, driving lights and brake ducts for mods. Black 5speed w/IUP, grey interior. Color combo looks nice with the interior matching the stripes. No blemishes, no bubbles, QA on this beast and overall fit and finish, I'm impressed. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

I have been lurking here almost as long as I have had a Shelby on order. First placed an order for GT500 in Feb 06 at the local dealer. I was number 4 on the list at the time. Dealer only got 2 GT500s that summer, #3 and myself at #4 elected to keep our deposits in the game and roll over to 2008 GT500 orders. We became #1 and #2. November 06 I heard about the SGT. Being a road racer and small(er) block guy at heart, I converted the GT500 order to SGT. My SGT was built in Feb 07, arrived at SAI in April and became an SGT about 6 weeks after that. John Walker called week before last to tell me she was completed, QA'd and ready to ship.

This car flies. It's new and I'm not going to drive it (too) hard till break in, but it will hit about 70 in second, it corners very flat, and just plain handles nice. Love the short throw shifter. It has less slop and throw than my real race car. I can't wait for a track day at PIR (Portland, not Phoenix) to try her out safely.

The wait was worth it. I tried not to bug John Walker too often (about 1 a month or so) and just be patient, but I'm glad it's over and Shelby (that's her name...decided my SGT is a she, the GT500 would have been a he :D ) is home in my garage.

Upgrade plans, why yes of course..... more "S" stuff going on. Steeda LCAs and UCAs, Steeda adjustable panhard rod (the rear *is* offset about 1/2 inch driver left as a result fo the lowering), Steeda smooth intake elbow, and a Coast AL driveshaft. Next year, Intel stock willing, big brakes and wheels and Watts link.

To those still waiting, be patient. To Amy, John, Bud and all the others creating these wonderful cars...THANK YOU!

Todd

Picked up CSM1638 from the dealer this morning. It has CS6/GT-H hood, non-SC gauge package, lower grill, driving lights and brake ducts for mods. Black 5speed w/IUP, grey interior. Color combo looks nice with the interior matching the stripes. No blemishes, no bubbles, QA on this beast and overall fit and finish, I'm impressed. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

I have been lurking here almost as long as I have had a Shelby on order. First placed an order for GT500 in Feb 06 at the local dealer. I was number 4 on the list at the time. Dealer only got 2 GT500s that summer, #3 and myself at #4 elected to keep our deposits in the game and roll over to 2008 GT500 orders. We became #1 and #2. November 07 I heard about the SGT. Being a road racer and small(er) block guy at heart, I converted the GT500 order to SGT. My SGT was built in Feb 07, arrived at SAI in April and became an SGT about 6 weeks after that. John Walker called week before last to tell me she was completed, QA'd and ready to ship.

This car flies. It's new and I'm not going to drive it (too) hard till break in, but it will hit about 70 in second, it corners very flat, and just plain handles nice. Love the short throw shifter. It has less slop and throw than my real race car. I can't wait for a track day at PIR (Portland, not Phoenix) to try her out safely.

The wait was worth it. I tried not to bug John Walker too often (about 1 a month or so) and just be patient, but I'm glad it's over and Shelby (that's her name...decided my SGT is a she, the GT500 would have been a he :D ) is home in my garage.

Upgrade plans, why yes of course..... more "S" stuff going on. Steeda LCAs and UCAs, Steeda adjustable panhard rod (the rear *is* offset about 1/2 inch driver left as a result fo the lowering), Steeda smooth intake elbow, and a Coast AL driveshaft. Next year, Intel stock willing, big brakes and wheels.

To those still waiting, be patient. To Amy, John, Bud and all the others creating these wonderful cars...THANK YOU!

Todd

congrats and welcome to the site. but there is one thing missing......

pics!!!!

I have been lurking here almost as long as I have had a Shelby on order. First placed an order for GT500 in Feb 06 at the local dealer. I was number 4 on the list at the time. Dealer only got 2 GT500s that summer, #3 and myself at #4 elected to keep our deposits in the game and roll over to 2008 GT500 orders. We became #1 and #2. November 06 I heard about the SGT. Being a road racer and small(er) block guy at heart, I converted the GT500 order to SGT. My SGT was built in Feb 07, arrived at SAI in April and became an SGT about 6 weeks after that. John Walker called week before last to tell me she was completed, QA'd and ready to ship.

Upgrade plans, why yes of course..... more "S" stuff going on. Steeda LCAs and UCAs, Steeda adjustable panhard rod (the rear *is* offset about 1/2 inch driver left as a result fo the lowering), Steeda smooth intake elbow, and a Coast AL driveshaft. Next year, Intel stock willing, big brakes and wheels and Watts link.

Todd

Say- are you located in the Portland area? Although I live now in Vancouver, BC, I still spend a week per month in Portland - I bought my SGT at Dick Hannah Ford back in February. I keep the car in BC most of the time but take her to Portland now and then.

Funny thing...my name is also "Todd"

Let me know. If you're from Portland, you, Swede and myself will have to plan a rendevouz!

Yep. Portland area. Work in Hillsboro.

A get together sounds like a plan.

Drop me a note.

Todd

Congrats and enjoy the ride! I have about 600 miles on mine and once I had it to about 80 in second. Restraint is hard in this car. Don't use the 500W shaker much as the car just sounds too <bleep> good!

Archived