TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BEST DEAL YET

badbillinmt

:rolleyes: THIS NEW SHELBY SHOWED IN DILLON MT AT THE LOCAL DEALER AND WAS THERE WHEN UNLOADED....IT HAD A FORD GT PREMIUM COUPE WINDOW STICKER FOR $30,780...I ASK THE DEALER AND OWNER HOW MUCH AND HE SAID THEY COULNDT GO BE LOW STICKER...I ASK HIM 4 TIMES IF THAT WAS CORRECT PRICE AND THEN TOLD HIM THSE CARS ON EBAY ARE OVER 40K..HE TOLD ME THAT DEALERS ARE MARKING THEM UP FOR10K BUT HE WOULD TAKE STICKER FOR IT...WENT TO THE BANK AND WAS BACK IN 15 MINUTES WITH 30,780 IN CASH AND DROVE OFF INTO THE SUNSET...KOOL HUH

Well, if you're for real and its really a Shelby you made the steal of the century because "sticker" is at least $38K on that car...and your dealer is really dumb! Lets see a picture!!

This has actually happened a few times because of uneducated dealers. It sounds like you got the MSRP of the Mustang GT including the ford upfitter (54U) package without the dealer charging you for the Shelby upfitting ($8390). Somebody at the dealership is going to have a rude surprise unless the general manager or owner truly wanted to lose a lot of money.

im sure it has happened, but lets see pics and proof. without them its just another urban legend.

michael morris

ps welcome to the forum

:rolleyes: ....HOPE THIS MAKES YOU ALL BELEIVERS...CAN POST ALSO MY SALES RECIEPT IF YOU WANT TO SEE...BURN SOME RUBBER....BB IN MT

:rolleyes: ....HOPE THIS MAKES YOU ALL BELEIVERS...CAN POST ALSO MY SALES RECIEPT IF YOU WANT TO SEE...BURN SOME RUBBER....BB IN MT

HSAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY PIC TO ATTACH...WILL KEEP WORKING ON IT

AM UNABLE TO LOAD PICS AT THIS TIME...IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE IT OR MY OTHER BEATERS SEND ME AN EMAIL OR POST YOUR EMAIL...HAVE SEVERAL KOOL FORDS INCLUDING 70 GRABBER ORANGE BOSS 302,,,KILLER SHELBY CLONE CONVERT,,69 MACH AND 70 429 RANCHERO...

No, just want to see the goods!

Me too, just let me see the "real deal Shelby GT for dealers MSRP without the Shelby add on package receipt & bill of sale "STAMPED" on it. Now it is NOT that we don't believe you but it is very hard to believe that a Million dollar Ford Dealer that has a "professional" deskman that the dealer hired to do his deals (every Ford Dealer, no matter how small, has a deskman or someone to authorize the sale of a car) could be that stupid, never in a million years! Sorry but until we see the actual Bill of Sale "STAMPED" by the dealer this will be considered a myth!

This guy is 100% a fake,fraud, shill, slick, con, ID stealer and most all he has us posting about his lie! I just talked to my brother, a FOMOCO Executive, and he said to the best of his knowledge it has NEVER happened, ever. I even had to pay $500 under MSRP to get my car.

I'm done wasting my time on this guy!

This guy is 100% a fake,fraud, shill, slick, con, ID stealer and most all he has us posting about his lie! I just talked to my brother, a FOMOCO Executive, and he said to the best of his knowledge it has NEVER happened, ever. I even had to pay $500 under MSRP to get my car.

I'm done wasting my time on this guy!

send me your email and will send it all to you...you shouldnt call peaple stuff till you know...

Ok here are my thoughts here. Even if this guy did buy this car I still would want nothing to do with him. He just came onto the scene and rubbed it in our faces about how he "knowingly" ripped off a Ford Dealer for the real price of his Shelby GT. He knew fully and understood completely what he was doing, stealing the car from a unsuspecting Ford dealer due to a mistake form some unsuspecting person there in charge. Anyone, including myself, who would ever do this is a, well you all know the word. So if he got the deal or not nobody should ever do that to anyone!

PS: badbillinmt - Please PM me "one time only" the name of the Ford Dealership you bought this SGT from otherwise refrain from sending me anymore PM's, I don't want to discuss your issue any further, I'll do the same for you.

i know this a hair of subject, but im going anyway. if as a dealer i sell a customer a car and they find out a few days later that a mistake has been made.(ex. i charged them to for the first car they looked at, but sold them the second and MUCH cheaper car) they will come in and expect me to give them THIER money back, but if it happens the other way around ( this orginal post) its the dealers fault and the customer expects to keep his money. is that really right?

michael morris

Actually,

This can and has happened.

My story was similar back in december. I posted the whole story sometime back.

My dealer thought I was paying $750 over MSRP, it was actually $750 over MSRP without the 8k shelby mark-up.

I signed the deal in December. Realized it was a great deal in mid-january after doing research. Even mentioned to the dealer that I had heard prices went up.

I closed the deal in early February, added a SC and paid for it to be delivered to me with Shelby once I faxed the Title.

Dealer called me in Late Feb after they realized they made a huge mistake and then lied to me on SEVERAL fronts trying to get me to come in and pay more. After I had paid for the car and got the Title.

I know of another guy in Illinois with a very similar story. It's happened to a few of us. Whether this guy is for real, I don't know. But this does happen.

I've also never heard of a dealer offering to reduce the price of a car to a consumer if they took advantage of them (like my grandparents several times).

It goes both ways. Occasionally the consumer gets lucky.

Actually,

This can and has happened.

My story was similar back in december. I posted the whole story sometime back.

My dealer thought I was paying $750 over MSRP, it was actually $750 over MSRP without the 8k shelby mark-up.

I signed the deal in December. Realized it was a great deal in mid-january after doing research. Even mentioned to the dealer that I had heard prices went up.

I closed the deal in early February, added a SC and paid for it to be delivered to me with Shelby once I faxed the Title.

Dealer called me in Late Feb after they realized they made a huge mistake and then lied to me on SEVERAL fronts trying to get me to come in and pay more. After I had paid for the car and got the Title.

I know of another guy in Illinois with a very similar story. It's happened to a few of us. Whether this guy is for real, I don't know. But this does happen.

I've also never heard of a dealer offering to reduce the price of a car to a consumer if they took advantage of them (like my grandparents several times).

It goes both ways. Occasionally the consumer gets lucky.

when this shelby came in here i had no idea what the msrp should be...i see them on ebay for around 40k....i ask the salesman who was the owner 4 times if he was shur that price was correct that was on the sticker...i then told him these cars are over forty k on ebay...he told me dealers were marking them up 10k and he would sell it for the sticker...9 days later he was billed from shelby 8390.oo...at this point the car was liecenced and titled and was a used car with 500 miles....what do you do at this point

when this shelby came in here i had no idea what the msrp should be...i see them on ebay for around 40k....i ask the salesman who was the owner 4 times if he was shur that price was correct that was on the sticker...i then told him these cars are over forty k on ebay...he told me dealers were marking them up 10k and he would sell it for the sticker...9 days later he was billed from shelby 8390.oo...at this point the car was liecenced and titled and was a used car with 500 miles....what do you do at this point

You should pay him $8390. That would be the right thing to do, and is good karma.

You should pay him $8390. That would be the right thing to do, and is good karma.

I don't know that I agree.

Isn't it the dealers business to know what a car sells for?

If I sell an item to a customer (I'm in sales) and I later find out my companies cost is 5k more, can I go to them and ask - sure, do they have to pay me, no.

Futhermore, he basically told the dealer they sell for more, and the dealer in his haste to sell a car didn't go his research. The information is out there.

I also KNOW that car dealers took advantage of my grandparents several times, they went to buy a car, paid sticker - did the dealer offer them the car for less because they knew the street value was less - heck no.

I'm sorry on this one.

1. Car dealers have earned their own reputation.

2. It's their business to KNOW what a car sells for. Is it a mistake - sure, but one they would be easily avoided - absolutely.

3. This isn't a mistake like the girl at the register giving you too much change - THAT is a mistake that karma would dictate you give that extra change back. That is the right thing to do.

4. As mentioned - who knows if he would have bought the car if he knew it was 8k more, where does that 8k come from?

Futhermore, the dealer doesn't loose 8k net.

The dealer might be out 3k.

Figure that car without the shelby mark-up cost the dealer at true invoice about 25k.

add the 8k - the dealer has 33k into it. Did they lose potential profits? Sure, but if they bought it and floor planned it for a while that eats in to.

Now, if the dealer called and said - hey, we sold it to you for 31k, but we are into it for 33k and would you make us whole... that is at least reasonable. I don't think he is obligated, but it's reasonable.

But like everything we will all have opinions on this one. I just know if I sell item X to a customer for 5k, it cost me 8k, in my business that's the way it goes. Why should this be different?

I would say there is some karma associated with it, and that you should offer the dealer maybe half of the 8,000 dollar shelby package. I mean afterall I dont think he should pay the full price because the dealer made a mistake, and even though he has no duty to pay any more money, i think out of realizing a mistake (just like mattchicago with the ebay sgt he bought) say to the dealer, look, i know you made a mistake but I will offer you something, even if you pay him 4000 more, you still got the car for way cheaper then most of us

Ok here are my thoughts here. Even if this guy did buy this car I still would want nothing to do with him. He just came onto the scene and rubbed it in our faces about how he "knowingly" ripped off a Ford Dealer for the real price of his Shelby GT. He knew fully and understood completely what he was doing, stealing the car from a unsuspecting Ford dealer due to a mistake form some unsuspecting person there in charge. Anyone, including myself, who would ever do this is a, well you all know the word. So if he got the deal or not nobody should ever do that to anyone!

PS: badbillinmt - Please PM me "one time only" the name of the Ford Dealership you bought this SGT from otherwise refrain from sending me anymore PM's, I don't want to discuss your issue any further, I'll do the same for you.

did i rip off this dealer after i ash him 4 times if that was correct price and told him they were over 40 on ebay and i had no idea what the tru price should be....

did i rip off this dealer after i ask him 4 times if that was correct price and told him they were over 40 on ebay and i had no idea what the tru price should be....p.s. had to correct my spelling so i dont here about that again

Archived