TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT California Edition

bztz4m_merged

I saw on TV that there is a new Shelby GT for Northern California.. So what is different with this model than the regular Shelby GT. I did see a few dealers that had Shelby GT with the Shelby gauges is that the difference? The car had gauges for Oil pressure, Oil Temp and Fuel pressure.

That commercial is posted on the gallery section of the main shelbyautos.com web page. It's in the top right:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/gallery.asp

See this post for more info:

SGT Cali Edition

Now I'm not sure if they are both the same story. One says 200 and the other says 300. Plus, I thought the GO cars were southern Cali???

OK, I watched the commercial twice and I don't get what is unique about these the Northern California edition. The only thing it mentions is a special instrument cluster but it doesn't show what that is. I have a suspicious feeling this is just a marketing gimick by the NoCal dealers for a car that isn't selling well in NoCal.

Maybe 200 was the origianl allocation to the NoCal region to begin with.

Also, again with using preproduction cars for marketing. I wonder how many people will go in after hearing about these cars for the first time and say I'll take the black one but I want the polished wheels shown in the commercial.

I don't get what it is sorry. SAI can you enlighten us?

You could be right on the last comment Socal. It dosen't seem to be selling well in general. Someone mentioned on the board that when you look at value for the dollar, ADM's not included, the SGT is priced too close to the MSRP of the GT 500.

In my opinion, the GT 500 always had the top billing in the Shelby Mustang line up. Just history here. Maybe the same is true here. The greatest impact to move the SGT would have been to release the GT 350. I know there is talk of maybe a future release but It would have given a large boost in sales from a dealers perspective. When you look at all of the coufusion from dealer ad's on e-bay they may not be confused at all by advertising them as GT 350's. Just a thought.

You could be right on the last comment Socal. It dosen't seem to be selling well in general. Someone mentioned on the board that when you look at value for the dollar, ADM's not included, the SGT is priced too close to the MSRP of the GT 500.

In my opinion, the GT 500 always had the top billing in the Shelby Mustang line up. Just history here. Maybe the same is true here. The greatest impact to move the SGT would have been to release the GT 350. I know there is talk of maybe a future release but It would have given a large boost in sales from a dealers perspective. When you look at all of the coufusion from dealer ad's on e-bay they may not be confused at all by advertising them as GT 350's. Just a thought.

I agree 100%. There is so much mix up between this car and the Shelby GT(500) it isn't funny. Please do not get me wrong here as I love my car but this was a marketing disaster for people buying these cars. But that being said, if the dealer knew you could buy these cars with as much HP as the GT(500) and the car "really" is being built @ Shelby the ADM would have been HUGE. So it may or may not have been planned, but a mix up yes.

I saw on TV that there is a new Shelby GT for Northern California.. So what is different with this model than the regular Shelby GT. I did see a few dealers that had Shelby GT with the Shelby gauges is that the difference? The car had gauges for Oil pressure, Oil Temp and Fuel pressure.

Here is what you get:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/video/NorCalSGT.wmv

I have seen one of these Nor Cal cars here at Hansel Ford in Santa Rosa only a couple of weeks ago.

It had a CSM#over 5000 (maybe 5007?).

During my wait for my own car at the mod shop since early May...I have been looking at the SGT's and GT500's on the lot at this dealership. By the way, they were asking $99K for their black GT500 w/the red stripe package and $79K for a black SGT w/an automatic!!!! Recently, the SGT had a "special red tag price" of $59.9K!!!! Both have since been sold!!!!

Anyway, one Saturday I saw the Nor Cal edition SGT (#5007) (not knowing about the Nor Cal editions yet). It was parked in the back and I saw the gauge cluster but no other mods...I thought that this was quite odd at the time...now, the mystery has been solved for me. :rolleyes:

Archived