TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Cali Edition

jbfabricator

Grabber Orange, dash pod, and maybe a few other minor things. Nothing huge IMO. Not like it has an S/C or anything :)

This grabber orange isn't going to have a gray stripe is it? I can see black and gray, blue and gray, and to some degree, white and gray (just my opinion) is OK, but orange and gray? :blink: I know there are GT500's with this color scheme and it really takes some getting used to.

Great question. I havent heard anything about the stripe actually. Hopefully someone can chime in. personally Im not into orange but when I heard about them doing this car I thought it would be a nice edition to the SGT. If money and garage space were no object ;)

They are building 300 of the Grabber orange Cars for CA. They are all coupes and included in the original 2100 production number (per Amy). Yes with the SILVER (gray? :unsure: ) stripe. They will all have dark charcoal interior. Also requires the HID headlight option. Info from a Ford dealer below:

300-Unit Limited Run ONLY for Southern California FDAF Dealers!

Grabber Orange Shelby GT - EXCLUSIVELY for the SoCal FDAF

Promotional Product: 2008 Mustang Shelby GT· All 300 Shelby GTs will be built off of the Mustang GT Premium array. As a reminder, Premium array includes Leather, and Shaker 500-watt 6 CD in dash with iPod input jack. · Exclusive: Grabber Orange (U3) exterior with Silver Shelby Stripes and Dark Charcoal Leather (KW) interior· Exclusive: Sequentially-numbered sill plate, dash plate personally signed by Carroll Shelby · 319 SAE Horsepower (Same as Shelby GT-Hertz) Cold air intake, modified mufflers, fuel calibration, upgraded 3.55 rear axle· Handling Package (front and rear sway bars, cross-tower brace, raving tuned suspension)· “Short-throw” manual gear shift· Bright aluminum foot pedals· Hood pins and scoop, Shelby Grille, Shelby racing over the top and side stripes· Special Shelby door sill plate, dash plaque, and engine plaque· 18″ aluminum wheels (64W) · Spoiler delete· Side Impact airbags, Traction control, ABS· Required Options: NEW HID Headlamps (51H), California Emissions (422)· Other Options (Dealers designate on the attached Order Sheet)· Interior Upgrade Package (18G) with Satin Aluminum Appliqué (67L)· Shaker 1000 Audio (918)· Navigation System (58X)

http://fiestaford.wordpress.com/2007/05/14...special-shelby/

PS.

I find it interesting that in that information it says the Nav unit is an option but our dealer friends have told us that the Nav unit is not an option on the 2008 Shelby GTs.

This grabber orange isn't going to have a gray stripe is it? I can see black and gray, blue and gray, and to some degree, white and gray (just my opinion) is OK, but orange and gray? :blink: I know there are GT500's with this color scheme and it really takes some getting used to.

My neighbor a couple of doors down has a Grabber Orange GT500 with the gray stripes. While I know that the GT500 gray stripes are darker than the SGT silver stripes, it is a very good looking combination. Mr. Shelby himself was quoted somewhere saying that was his favorite conbination on the GT500, so it must be good...

Archived