TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Zero to 60 for a SGT/SC

David V

Assuming a curb weight of 3690 and 480hp at the crank:

0-60 mph: 3.8594619927186126 seconds

http://www.060calculator.com/

Probably pretty close because when I put in 319 hp and 3538lb curb weight (SGT specs) I got 0-60 in 5.08 seconds. MotorTrend got 0-60 in 5.0 and Car and Driver got 5.1

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...704entry19704

Car & Driver road tested a GT500 at 4.5 second 0-60. I think a Shelby GT/SC is what, 400 hp? So, my guess would be a 0-60 of 4.8, i.e., somewhere between the SGT and GT500.

Car & Driver road tested a GT500 at 4.5 second 0-60. I think a Shelby GT/SC is what, 400 hp? So, my guess would be a 0-60 of 4.8, i.e., somewhere between the SGT and GT500.

Shelby GT/SC is 462 and 485, 400 lbs lighter, lowered suspension, dead even to the stock GT500 or a slight edge to the Shelby GT/SC. Drivers race.

Dave

Dave - is the 462 the certified EPA horsepower? That's the first time I have heard the HP, so I'm just curious. It will be interesting to see an actual test comparison for confirmation. Thanks.

Dave - is the 462 the certified EPA horsepower? That's the first time I have heard the HP, so I'm just curious. It will be interesting to see an actual test comparison for confirmation. Thanks.

They look like Socal's dyno numbers or darn close to it.

I don't know about the EPA? This is SAI's numbers on Diablo tunes for the Shelby installed Paxton Supercharger. I have not yet personally had car dyno'd, but will at a later date with more miles on car. Somewhere on this forum, Socal did post his. I know this S/C can be tuned to 500+ at crank safely. But do you really need more? it already has PLENTY of giddy-up(whoa pony!). :D

Dave

I don't know about the EPA? This is SAI's numbers on Diablo tunes for the Shelby installed Paxton Supercharger. I have not yet personally had car dyno'd, but will at a later date with more miles on car. Somewhere on this forum, Socal did post his. I know this S/C can be tuned to 500+ at crank safely. But do you really need more? it already has PLENTY of giddy-up(whoa pony!). :D

Dave

Look at post # 6:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?act...st=0#entry15512

Some of the speeds/times seem a little off, but they were fun calculating them. They were from a magazine article.

Is this the supercharger which Shelby installs?....

Paxton

Ilmor,

The link shows an air to air, if I read it right. The Shelby/Paxton S/C has an air to water innercooler, if this helps. You could look on ShelbyPerformanceParts.com to make sure.

Dave

For apples-to-apples comparison to the GT500 and SGT it would be good to know the EPA HP number. Doesn't SAI have to post this on the window stickers when they sell the GT/SC?

WOW. 1/4 mile in 11.xx seconds with forklift motors. If he could shed some of those 36 batteries and get the weight down, I wonder if it could become a 10 second car?

Isn't White Zombie the guy that got a little careless when connecting all those batteries and fused them all together with his little plasma experiment? Call me a traditionalist, but I'm more comfortable worrying about throwing a rod than I am about vaporizing myself...

EDIT: here it is: http://www.evdl.org/pages/plasmaboy.html

Isn't White Zombie the guy that got a little careless when connecting all those batteries and fused them all together with his little plasma experiment? Call me a traditionalist, but I'm more comfortable worrying about throwing a rod than I am about vaporizing myself...

EDIT: here it is: http://www.evdl.org/pages/plasmaboy.html

Hot Rod magazine has a nice article that basicly built a GT350 using ford racing parts, and put a 11 psi whipple on it. They were able to pull 3 11.80 runs with cheater slicks, and 12.4's with street tires.

For apples-to-apples comparison to the GT500 and SGT it would be good to know the EPA HP number. Doesn't SAI have to post this on the window stickers when they sell the GT/SC?

....no EPA required because it is an aftermarket modification. The supercharger was not an option it is a modification.

....no EPA required because it is an aftermarket modification. The supercharger was not an option it is a modification.

Interesting - yet, you can order the car that way from a Ford dealer, just like any other option, correct? I wonder how they are able to draw the distinction between "aftermarket" and "option" and escape the EPA? Anyway, sorry I did not mean to steal the thread w/ this topic, I'll shut-up.

.....no you couldn't order the car from your dealer with the supercharger or any other SAI performance modification (hood, brakes, wheels, etc).

The process to get a supercharger or any other part from the "mod Shop" was the owner purchased their car from a dealer before it left the SAI facility and had it flagged for modification. The owner then makes contact with SAI and orders the modifications they wish. Technically a dealer can't have these modifications done and then sold as new. Yes there is a Harley as got some cool set up where he is ordering cars with modifications but he is the only one I have heard of.

.....no you couldn't order the car from your dealer with the supercharger or any other SAI performance modification (hood, brakes, wheels, etc).

The process to get a supercharger or any other part from the "mod Shop" was the owner purchased their car from a dealer before it left the SAI facility and had it flagged for modification. The owner then makes contact with SAI and orders the modifications they wish. Technically a dealer can't have these modifications done and then sold as new. Yes there is a Harley as got some cool set up where he is ordering cars with modifications but he is the only one I have heard of.

He is probably buying the cars with cash out of pocket, and then putting them on the showroom floor, and then selling.

I've heard of others. Don't know the details though.

Archived