TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got New tag & Got a Nice surprise

sgt2343

Went to get a new personal tag for the Shelby today and the person at the window was a old school friend and we did a check for my Shelby number on the computer "SGT2343" and it was available. We were talking about the car and she went in to the computer to see if there were any other Shelby plates I would like. The only plate that I thought would not be there was there. "Shelby GT". So today was my lucky day. Does anybody else have that plate in their state? PS, I live in Pa. if anybody's interested.

In CT, the State does not give us the option of even choosing that combination of letters. But wow, that's great that you got it in PA!

Went to get a new personal tag for the Shelby today and the person at the window was a old school friend and we did a check for my Shelby number on the computer "SGT2343" and it was available. We were talking about the car and she went in to the computer to see if there were any other Shelby plates I would like. The only plate that I thought would not be there was there. "Shelby GT". So today was my lucky day. Does anybody else have that plate in their state? PS, I live in Pa. if anybody's interested.

She Did say that "GTShelby " was still available in Pa. if anybody is interested.

SHLB PNY for me.

It is been in my back seat for two months. Maybe I'll get it on this week.

I'm in Iowa and I was suprised I was able to get SHLBYGT. No hyphen though between SHLBY & GT in Iowa though.

Dave

Bummer. I went in a week before you to get sgt 3501. first I was told I would not be able to have 3 letters and 4 numbers(she had a bad attitude. I went to another window and got what I wanted. I had no idea you could get 8 letters.. What a dummy I am so you got my first pick. Congrats.

Todd in Hershey, PA

Tom, was she blonde?

If so, tell her Matt's looking for her. LOL

Just received a letter from the Oregon DMV approving my vanity plate:

66DNA

since our Shelby GT's history (design) is linked with the 1966 Shelby GT 350, I thought the "DNA" think with '66 would be cool.

No one will get it - but my fellow SGT owners will !! grin

still anticipating a wait of around Oct 1st to receive the plates in the mail. Soon after, I'll be officially changing my residency up to British Columbia and will have to start all over again!

Just received a letter from the Oregon DMV approving my vanity plate:

66DNA

since our Shelby GT's history (design) is linked with the 1966 Shelby GT 350, I thought the "DNA" think with '66 would be cool.

No one will get it - but my fellow SGT owners will !! grin

still anticipating a wait of around Oct 1st to receive the plates in the mail. Soon after, I'll be officially changing my residency up to British Columbia and will have to start all over again!

Right on!

Thats using the ole canogin!

I just ordered a different plate my self,

RBAD571

Talked to a friend of mine who owns a dealership and he said the state made a mistake in giving me eight letters. I only should have gotten seven letters on my plate. There is eight spaces on the plate put the state will only let you use seven spaces. The eight place is for a space or a dash in any order. This happen to him before and state came back and ask him for a second choice. The only problem with that, it will take 4 to 6 weeks before the state realize their mistake. I did call the state and the person who I talked to did concur with my friend. Put she said she seen some wrong plates come back from the print shop.

• 4 weeks later...
i just have a regular crummy plate

me 2........tried for 'dread'...but it was already taken.......

:angry:

(here in NJ..you have to mail in a form with what you want...and you'd better state that if it is not available for them to send the check back to you...otherwise they'll pick something and send you that.......but as far as I know..there is no way to check to see what is taken...)

:blink:

me 2........tried for 'dread'...but it was already taken.......

:angry:

(here in NJ..you have to mail in a form with what you want...and you'd better state that if it is not available for them to send the check back to you...otherwise they'll pick something and send you that.......but as far as I know..there is no way to check to see what is taken...)

:blink:

thats dumb.

This the plate that I have recieved, I put it on the same day I installed my spoiler, It is slim pickins in calif on personal plates, most of the shelby names have been taken, My daughter picked it out and someday the car will be hers.

where did you get the spoiler? was it pre painted and did it come with the stripe? I've been thinking about it for my black SGT.

Archived