TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 500 replacement?

ZepDad

Anyone replaced the Shaker 500 with navigation unit? I'd also like bluetooth and satellite without breaking the bank and creating an install problem. The Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine units look great but everything is ala carte. With limited space in a Mustang where the heck do all the add-on boxes mount for bluetooth, satellite, HD radio, etc? The Eclipse AVN2210p is intriguing with the snap-in Tom Tom and bluetooth ready. Plus external USB port. Around $650-$750 but it looks pretty ugly. Not sure about the brand quality either. Guess I'll wait for the next generation, especially given the possible XM/Sirius merger. I don't have satellite yet, but I don't want my equipment locked into one or the other either. It would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion.

Anyone replaced the Shaker 500 with navigation unit? I'd also like bluetooth and satellite without breaking the bank and creating an install problem. The Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine units look great but everything is ala carte. With limited space in a Mustang where the heck do all the add-on boxes mount for bluetooth, satellite, HD radio, etc? The Eclipse AVN2210p is intriguing with the snap-in Tom Tom and bluetooth ready. Plus external USB port. Around $650-$750 but it looks pretty ugly. Not sure about the brand quality either. Guess I'll wait for the next generation, especially given the possible XM/Sirius merger. I don't have satellite yet, but I don't want my equipment locked into one or the other either. It would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion.

I have the Pioneer Avic Z2 installed in mine(Double DIN). It has a built in 30G hard drive and there are not any seperate boxes to deal with. The XM or Sirius tuner would be your only seperate box and I have it installed nicely in the trunk(XM). Although the Z2 is about double the Eclipse it is worth every penny.

I am a Pioneer dealer and can get you the Z2 or any other Pioneer products you may be interested in at a good price. In my opinion the Pioneer unit is hard to beat. You can email me with any questions I will be happy to answer.

Well IMO, i do not like the in dash navigation systems, too big and ugly, i prefer one of the little garmin units you can buy. As far as sat radio, I am not a big fan, since mostly i listen to my Ipod, and when I dont listen to that, the regular radio or a CD suits me fine, thus I dont really need sat radio even though i have it. Also I dont know where you live but in NY (westchester county) there is a lot of tree cover over the local roads, and the sat radio cuts in and out, worse then the local FM or AM stations.

there is a lot of tree cover over the local roads, and the sat radio cuts in and out, worse then the local FM or AM stations.

That's why I cancelled SAT a few years ago - trees. Plus, they were supposed to be commercial free but they had to many commercials.

I use my PocketPC with the Tom Tom bluetooth unit. It works great and since it's portable, I can move it from my truck to SGT easily.

Okay all, I guess I just opened myself for all your jokes about not yet having my car. Go ahead, have at it. LOL

Well IMO, i do not like the in dash navigation systems, too big and ugly, i prefer one of the little garmin units you can buy. As far as sat radio, I am not a big fan, since mostly i listen to my Ipod, and when I dont listen to that, the regular radio or a CD suits me fine, thus I dont really need sat radio even though i have it. Also I dont know where you live but in NY (westchester county) there is a lot of tree cover over the local roads, and the sat radio cuts in and out, worse then the local FM or AM stations.

my sgt has the shaker 1000, u moght want to check with your dealer and swap it out , I had the 500 the 1000 is much better, then went to QVC got the TOM -TOM compl. with everything for 225.00 good luck stg

Archived