TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine goodies

Crucible

I just received a bunch of engine dress-up stuff from midwest auto gear and I can say it really sets off the engine. I ordered the intake plenum cover, fuel rail covers, shock tower covers slotted for the cross brace, radiator cover and the radiator cover extensions. The left radiator cover extension is in the mail to SAI for Carroll's autograph. Check out www.midwestautogear.com.

I just received a bunch of engine dress-up stuff from midwest auto gear and I can say it really sets off the engine. I ordered the intake plenum cover, fuel rail covers, shock tower covers slotted for the cross brace, radiator cover and the radiator cover extensions. The left radiator cover extension is in the mail to SAI for Carroll's autograph. Check out www.midwestautogear.com.

Does the intake cover clear the strut brace?

The strut brace clears the cover.

That is good news. I've been wanting to get one of these, but though the strut brace ruled that out. Nice to know...

Did you order up a custom one? Would love to see pics of your engine bay when you get it all installed. I wonder if they can do one that says "Shelby"?

Doesn't driver's side radiator extension cover the Shelby CSM badge?

The drivers side radiator extension covers the SAI badge, however, I think having Carroll's signature in its place more than makes up for the covered badge. Besides, if I need to prove the badge is there, 2 screws is all I need to remove.

I asked if I could order the plenum cover with "SGT" on it, unfortunately, that's not available. Mine is gloss black with silver "GT" on the front. Looks pretty good. When I get the radiator extension back with Carroll's signature, I take some pics to post.

Crucible,

Did you already put the plenum cover on your car? Did you have to take the strut brace off to install the plenum and then reinstall the strut brace? I saw you answered this but can reassure me that the plenum cover fit under the strut brace? The fuel rail covers did you get all black or did you add color to them?

Thank You

yes please send pics..thanx steve

You definitely have to remove the strut brace to install the plenum cover. The clearance between the brace and plenum cover is miniscule. The plenum cover has silver "GT" letters in the front and the fuel rail covers are all black.

These engine dress up parts are very cool. Please post some pic's when you have em'.

Thank you for the info on where to order, I will be placing my order soon.

HI SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL SHOOT YOU A PICTURE YOU CAN GET THEM AT MID-WEST AUTO GEAR.COM

Archived