TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In waiting?

RogerS

For everyone waiting for cars.............................

How long have you been waiting? Do you have projected date of completion/delivery? Are you waiting for an unmodified ordered car; one from dealer stock that has not arrived; mod shop car? If it is in the mod shop, what mods are you having done? Tell us what you DO know.

How long have you been waiting? According to Shelby born as a Shelby 4/27/07 - waiting for mod since.

Do you have projected date of completion/delivery? End of May; revised to third week of June, revised again sometime mid July, revised again end of August, I am not sure...

Are you waiting for an unmodified ordered car; one from dealer stock that has not arrived; mod shop car? Mod Shop

what mods are you having done? S/C non-polish - guages - lower grill and front lights (done) - brake cooling kit - Shelby caps kit -

The waiting is agonizing but not more than thinking about Las Vegas sun that is what is my biggest worry and agony

Receipt Date: 12/14/2006

Serialize Date: 2/9/2007

Segment Date: 2/9/2007

Sequence Date: 2/20/2007

Blend Date: 2/27/2007

Produced Date: 3/8/2007

Gate Release Date: 3/8/2007

Ship Date: 3/14/2007

Sold Date: 3/9/2007

Arrival Date at Shelby: 4/14/07

Modified as a Shelby GT: 4/2707

How long have you been waiting? Do you have projected date of completion/delivery? Are you waiting for an unmodified ordered car; one from dealer stock that has not arrived; mod shop car? If it is in the mod shop, what mods are you having done? Tell us what you DO know.

I ordered the car in March. I do not have a projected date of completion or delivery. My dealer thought it would be here by the end of June but they do not really have a clue about these cars. I hope the car is in the mod shop or at least in line - all I am having done is the lower grill/lights and sequential tail lights. I know nothing except the car arrived at SAI. I am a patient guy but fall is approaching and some of the season’s last car related events are fast approaching. I guess I can still drive my 64 Galaxie to them.

I ordered the car in March. I do not have a projected date of completion or delivery. My dealer thought it would be here by the end of June but they do not really have a clue about these cars. I hope the car is in the mod shop or at least in line - all I am having done is the lower grill/lights and sequential tail lights. I know nothing except the car arrived at SAI. I am a patient guy but fall is approaching and some of the season’s last car related events are fast approaching. I guess I can still drive my 64 Galaxie to them.

With the grille and lights and sequential's that car should be done. You would think that the dealer would be checking. :blink:

S/C non-polish - guages - lower grill and front lights (done) - brake cooling kit - Shelby caps kit -

The waiting is agonizing but not more than thinking about Las Vegas sun that is what is my biggest worry and agony

Receipt Date: 12/14/2006

Serialize Date: 2/9/2007

Segment Date: 2/9/2007

Sequence Date: 2/20/2007

Blend Date: 2/27/2007

Produced Date: 3/8/2007

Gate Release Date: 3/8/2007

Ship Date: 3/14/2007

Sold Date: 3/9/2007

Arrival Date at Shelby: 4/14/07

Modified as a Shelby GT: 4/2707

Looks like your car is approaching 16 weeks from arrival. :huh:

Order Date: 12/23/06

VIN# - 3/12/07 - 1ZVHT82H075332350

Built week of 4/2/07

"Arrived at Shelby Automobiles" - 4/24/07

Converted to a Shelby 6/26 or thereabouts according to John Walker

Currently somewhere on Bud's list for the mod shop :unsure:

Current list of mods:

20" Black Razors

Big Brake Kit

Polished SC

Gauge cluster

CS8 Grille?

Driving Lights/Brake Ducts - matching lower grille for CS8 upper grille?

Engine Dress Up Kit

Sequential Taillights

CS Mats

Man, the mod shop needs to hire more people. You wait is ridiculous.

I was in Las Vegas in June and I do understand the waiting issue, but I wish I knew it was going to take this long, I would have done something to put it away (until ready for the mods) from the sun that is what I am pancking about.

This is a perfect example of why I'm not going to send my car to the mod shop for wheels and a lower grille/lights.

I hear you Mark. When I posted this I was trying to calculate wait time. That was the intent. By the 08 run you probably will not have the same wait as the first group of cars due to the overwhelming initial response of the Mod Shop. They will have caught up.

I was in Las Vegas in June and I do understand the waiting issue, but I wish I knew it was going to take this long, I would have done something to put it away (until ready for the mods) from the sun that is what I am pancking about.

I know your worried but if it's any consulation, I did see,, up close, a car that had been there since March and I did see NO issues with the car other than being dusty.

My car was built the end on Jan.

and paid for

Still Waiting mods

I have more stories than mods.

I hear you Mark. When I posted this I was trying to caalculate wait time. That was the intent. By the 08 run you probably will not have the same wait as the first group of cars due to the overwhelming initial response of the Mod Shop. They will have caught up.

I know your worried but if it's any consulation, I did see,, up close, a car that had been there since March and I did see NO issues with the car other than being dusty.

I hope that this is the case...

My car was built the end on Jan.

and paid for

Still Waiting mods

I have more stories than mods.

Built as a Shelby or built at Ford?

....nope their is a clause in the contract that says SAI can't deliver any 2008s until all of the 2007s, including mod shop Shelby GTs and 40th Anniversary GT500s are delivered. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news AFBlue. :P

.....because I am sure somebody won't get the sarcasm, the above is a complete fabrication.

....nope their is a clause in the contract that says SAI can't deliver any 2008s until all of the 2007s, including mod shop Shelby GTs and 40th Anniversary GT500s are delivered. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news AFBlue. :P

.....because I am sure somebody won't get the sarcasm, the above is a complete fabrication.

Now that's just not right!!!!!!!! :lol:

I wish it was in there though.................nothing personal Mark! :D

Holy *&(* !!!!! Reading thru recent posts, AFBlue is gonna end up getting his '08 before you guys get your '07's. :huh: :o :blink: I feel for you y'all. :(

Well, we might be bringing up the rear on getting our cars but just think of the positive side. Our cars will have the hood scoop, exhaust rattle, stripe bubble problems solved. Plus, I bet we get the Ford Racing oil filter too. It will all start over with 2008 – sorry, AFBlue. ;)

As long as I get it by late October I'm fine. :)

Make sure you take some pics of that bad boy! I love that color!

Well, we might be bringing up the rear on getting our cars but just think of the positive side. Our cars will have the hood scoop, exhaust rattle, stripe bubble problems solved. Plus, I bet we get the Ford Racing oil filter too. It will all start over with 2008 – sorry, AFBlue. ;)

When it's done it's done. Just need patience.

Could be supplier issues holding things up also.

Guys, I understand your plight. I promise you, our intentions are not to keep your car from you, keep it baking in the sun, etc. We are working on getting the cars out. I have a list of 49 cars that still are waiting for mods. We are getting help hired in to help out. Of the 49 cars, the mods are mixed. Bud is sorting through them now to get the car that are waiting for the "smaller" mods out and delivered. The cars with the longest waits will be for superchargers and brake systems. -John

Guys, I understand your plight. I promise you, our intentions are not to keep your car from you, keep it baking in the sun, etc. We are working on getting the cars out.

I think everyone knows that John.

But after we all get our cars..............what are we going to talk about! :lol::lol::lol:

Guys, I understand your plight. I promise you, our intentions are not to keep your car from you, keep it baking in the sun, etc. We are working on getting the cars out. I have a list of 49 cars that still are waiting for mods. We are getting help hired in to help out. Of the 49 cars, the mods are mixed. Bud is sorting through them now to get the car that are waiting for the "smaller" mods out and delivered. The cars with the longest waits will be for superchargers and brake systems. -John

John, as rosgt said we know that... and we (or at least many of us) appreciate all what you, Bud and everyone else at Shelby is doing to get these Shelbys built. Even though my car is baking, at least it is baking as a Shelby. But, I would like it "al dente" not over cooked :lol: Bruno

I think everyone knows that John.

But after we all get our cars..............what are we going to talk about! :lol::lol::lol:

Agree. I have not lost the faith. I am sure everyone is working very hard to get the cars out the door and into our hands. It is sort of like waiting for Christmas when I was 10 years old - the days just dragged by.

Agree. I have not lost the faith. I am sure everyone is working very hard to get the cars out the door and into our hands. It is sort of like waiting for Christmas when I was 10 years old - the days just dragged by.

And were not 10 years old :lol::lol::lol: The days don't drag as slow as they used to...

Wish I was 10 again!

I can see it now. John is busted for smuggling illegals accross the border to have them work in the mod shop. I hope you guys complaining about wanting your cars are proud of yourselves ;)

Archived