TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Off Subject...

ShelbyGT/SC

Sorry it's not exactly related to 2007 Shelby GT's, but look what just got posted tonight. Boy do I wish I had an extra $21k. Maybe I should cancel all my SAI and Tasca options as they'll amount to about the same LOL.

I hope this is a real deal and not a hoax. If anyone does look into this for real, please do check with the SAAC before spending a dime. There are a lot of crooks out there. Last month I found a crook trying to unload a 2006 Hertz for $7k and reported the crook to craigslist.

This guy says it's in the World Registry. Well I have the 1997 version (the latest). So if anyone looks into this car, get the Shelby number and I'll look it up for you before you go to the SAAC.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/car/394908116.html

hi thats got to be a hoax

Sorry it's not exactly related to 2007 Shelby GT's, but look what just got posted tonight. Boy do I wish I had an extra $21k. Maybe I should cancel all my SAI and Tasca options as they'll amount to about the same LOL.

I hope this is a real deal and not a hoax. If anyone does look into this for real, please do check with the SAAC before spending a dime. There are a lot of crooks out there. Last month I found a crook trying to unload a 2006 Hertz for $7k and reported the crook to craigslist.

This guy says it's in the World Registry. Well I have the 1997 version (the latest). So if anyone looks into this car, get the Shelby number and I'll look it up for you before you go to the SAAC.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/car/394908116.html

Deam on. More like $210K.

I agree everyone. I think it's likely a hoax (or the guy is in financial runs and needs fast cash). Even if the latter were true, I think he'd ask for more. I just don't want to contact this guy in the event it happens to be real. Like I said, I will have about $21k into Shelby and Tasca options so I don't have that kind of money. If it were legit and we all got up some money to get it and sell for a profit, I'd spend the time to go look at the car. Of, if someone is interested and wanted me to look at it for you, I'd do that too. But I don't want to look and see if it is real to then wish I had the money. Even if I did, my wife would kill me. LOL

OK I bit. If this is legitimate and not sold already it will be shortly ;)

I emailed:

Hi I am interested in finding out if this is legitimate or a typical internet scam. If this is in fact a real deal and you are looking for $21,000 as stated in your ad please contact me immediately so we can go over the details of the vehicle and arrange for purchase.

Sincerely,

Terry

I figured as much. I havent gotten an email response yet. I would imagine I will now get thousands more lovely spam emails then I already get. Woo hoo!

Sorry bout that there pal. But it wasn't me who posted the original post about that car. If you don't believe me, just look at post number one above.

Update: Here is an email I got this morning when I came to work from this person. Im gonna still play along and ask him to email his phone # so I can call him and get this deal done. Who knows maybe its real *gasp* LOL

Hi,

First of all i want to thank you for your recent interest in my car. This is a 1969 Shelby GT 350 with 86085 miles on it. The car is in perfect conditions without any mechanical problems, no damage, clear title, no scratches or dents on paintwork or hidden defects. Has never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! The vin number of the car is : 9F02M481895.

The price is $ 21,000 and all the shipping/handling(if any) and insurance charges are included in this price. I can ship the car and you will get the package with all the papers and original documentation ... clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be more than willing to help you out! If you would like to go further with this deal, please email me and i will let you know more about the transaction.

Thank you,

Fred White

P.S.Here are all the photos of my car. The pictures are recent, and they were taken right before preparing the car for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

I edited out the photo space for the photos that came in the email that didnt attach on here.

Update: Here is an email I got this morning when I came to work from this person. Im gonna still play along and ask him to email his phone # so I can call him and get this deal done. Who knows maybe its real *gasp* LOL

Hi,

First of all i want to thank you for your recent interest in my car. This is a 1969 Shelby GT 350 with 86085 miles on it. The car is in perfect conditions without any mechanical problems, no damage, clear title, no scratches or dents on paintwork or hidden defects. Has never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! The vin number of the car is : 9F02M481895.

The price is $ 21,000 and all the shipping/handling(if any) and insurance charges are included in this price. I can ship the car and you will get the package with all the papers and original documentation ... clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be more than willing to help you out! If you would like to go further with this deal, please email me and i will let you know more about the transaction.

Thank you,

Fred White

P.S.Here are all the photos of my car. The pictures are recent, and they were taken right before preparing the car for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

I edited out the photo space for the photos that came in the email that didnt attach on here.

Webba, I'll look that car up in my registry tonight for you.

Awesome TY. I asked him for a phone # and Im thinking I wont get one. I went through this kind of scenario 2 years ago. I was looking to buy 2 snowmobiles and found 2 on Ebay at an unreal deal. It was because it was fake and the person went on and on in emails about it being legit but never gave me a # to call. But if it is real...that would be funny actually .

Update: As susoected "Fred" cant take phone calls. Funny his phone lines are down and being replaced but not his internet. It amzes me some people are stupid enough to fall for this stuff. I returned his email but I probably cant post alot of what was said so I am sure you can guess :) Here it is:

Sorry but in this moment we can't talk by phone, I have experiencing

technical issues at this time ( the telephone lines are being replaced),

hence I will not be able to speak to you directly. Nevertheless, I may

still handle all communications by email ( which will also ensure

documentation). I will try to provide the best assistance and guidance so we

can achieve a smooth and pleasant transaction. Please do not hesitate

to email any and all questions you may have and thank you for your

understanding.

Update: As susoected "Fred" cant take phone calls. Funny his phone lines are down and being replaced but not his internet. It amzes me some people are stupid enough to fall for this stuff. I returned his email but I probably cant post alot of what was said so I am sure you can guess :) Here it is:

Sorry but in this moment we can't talk by phone, I have experiencing

technical issues at this time ( the telephone lines are being replaced),

hence I will not be able to speak to you directly. Nevertheless, I may

still handle all communications by email ( which will also ensure

documentation). I will try to provide the best assistance and guidance so we

can achieve a smooth and pleasant transaction. Please do not hesitate

to email any and all questions you may have and thank you for your

understanding.

Email documentation???? :lol::lol:

Oh this guy (thinks) he's good.....

Pretty soon he's going to have 14 million in cash in (insert 3rd world country) and needs you to pony up ?10,000 for "documentation fees" and of course will give you 1/2 of the money just for helping!

Hey, at least his English is good!

LOL yea these guys must have a standard BS form they use and just change wha they are selling. I would have bought that thing in a heartbeat if it was true and made a killing on it. But if its too good to be true it is :)

Okay all, here is another off-subject item for your reading pleasure. However, this if our friend Rick Kopec's old car #98 of the SAAC. I sent this to our friend Roger who is probably reading the auction site now.

Enjoy.

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?...MO07&CarID=r216#

Okay all, here is another off-subject item for your reading pleasure. However, this if our friend Rick Kopec's old car #98 of the SAAC. I sent this to our friend Roger who is probably reading the auction site now.

Enjoy.

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?...MO07&CarID=r216#

Yes I was........................................

Now that's what I'm takin about!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo............Hoooooo!!!!

One of the most famous R's ever to grace a race track. Seen it, touched it...............ooooohhhhh Baby!!!

Adam, see that grille...............I'm telling ya................that's the ticket! Got me all riled up..............I'll get you for this Adam........... :P :P

Yes I was........................................

Now that's what I'm takin about!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo............Hoooooo!!!!

One of the most famous R's ever to grace a race track. Seen it, touched it...............ooooohhhhh Baby!!!

Adam, see that grille...............I'm telling ya................that's the ticket! Got me all rilled up..............I'll get you for this Adam........... :P :P

LOL

Hey, I have one of those 1/18 scale models of this car. I hope to have Kopec sign it some day.

Maybe you and I can take a ride to SAAC (his place in CT) some day with our cars. I guess it will be in 2009 when we get them. LOL. Just thought I'd get you a little more riled up. LOL

Archived