TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Zaino, Window Tint & Billet Trim

IASHELBYGT

Well it's been about a week since SGT4009 came home to rest. I've got about 200 miles on the car now and have given many of my co-workers and friends rides. Close inspection after delivery shows some minor scratches on some of the stripes. I'll probably need to replace the stripes on the trunk lid and one stripe on the front bumper, other than that the car is problem free. This car is truly a blast to drive and I really don't want to go back to work next week, but I have to make those payments. I spent the week doing a 2 day Zaino process, some 35% window tint as well as some mirror covers and tail light and quarter window aluminum trim. I haven't seen any cars with the quarter window trim so I'd like to hear people's opinion (posiive & negative)

My Zaino process was Dawn wash, clay bar, rewash w/Z7, Z5, Z2, Z6, Z8, Z2, Z8, Z2 & one last Z8. I think the shine speaks for itself on a white car! I've posted a few pictures here the rest are in the Gallery. I look forward to your opinions. :) Dave cavern06.jpgUs.jpg

Where do you get the white mirror covers?

I like the tail light trim, going to get me some. I am not sure about

the quarter window trim.

CrazyD,

Go to the Gallery. There is a better (bigger picture) of the quarter window there. Sorry, just not much space to post pics in the forum. I got the mirror covers from Hupcaps plus.

Dave

Did you adjust the front suspension of your car or is it just the angle of the pic? It looks lower than most...

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=622

Stump,

No, I didn't. The dealer said he took out some spacers or something like that from the Struts? Pardon my ignorance. Do you think he removed something he shouldn't have? Car drives fine but ride is a litlte rough, but I thought all SGTs had somewhat of a bumpy ride because of the stiffer suspension. I don't mean to be paranoid but is there something I should have them check? Thanks,

Dave

Did you adjust the front suspension of your car or is it just the angle of the pic? It looks lower than most...

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=622

Hey Stump.

I just measured my ride height.

Front Driver 27 1/4"

Front Pass 27 1/8"

Rear Driver 28 1/4 "

Rear Pass 28"

This is slightly lower but close to what Bud took off cars at SAI. I think according to previous posts on ride height I'm okay. Dave

Hey Stump.

I just measured my ride height.

Front Driver 27 1/4"

Front Pass 27 1/8"

Rear Driver 28 1/4 "

Rear Pass 28"

This is slightly lower but close to what Bud took off cars at SAI. I think according to previous posts on ride height I'm okay. Dave

It's probably just the way the shadows are around your tires.

They only "spacers" I can think he might have removed are coil spring isolaters. All they do is buffer the energy transferred from your springs to the car but like I said, that is just an assumption.

Wow...the car looks awesome and very similar to mine Big fan of Zaino and used same process. Hard to believe a white car can shine like that. Have had mine for two months now...still looks great...used a z6 or z8 after each wash. Will keep it that way. Steve

Wow...the car looks awesome and very similar to mine Big fan of Zaino and used same process. Hard to believe a white car can shine like that. Have had mine for two months now...still looks great...used a z6 or z8 after each wash. Will keep it that way. Steve

Thanks Hugger,

It's alot of work to keep em polished like that, but the results sure are satisfying :D

Dave

Well it's been about a week since SGT4009 came home to rest. I've got about 200 miles on the car now and have given many of my co-workers and friends rides. Close inspection after delivery shows some minor scratches on some of the stripes. I'll probably need to replace the stripes on the trunk lid and one stripe on the front bumper, other than that the car is problem free. This car is truly a blast to drive and I really don't want to go back to work next week, but I have to make those payments. I spent the week doing a 2 day Zaino process, some 35% window tint as well as some mirror covers and tail light and quarter window aluminum trim. I haven't seen any cars with the quarter window trim so I'd like to hear people's opinion (posiive & negative)

My Zaino process was Dawn wash, clay bar, rewash w/Z7, Z5, Z2, Z6, Z8, Z2, Z8, Z2 & one last Z8. I think the shine speaks for itself on a white car! I've posted a few pictures here the rest are in the Gallery. I look forward to your opinions. :) Dave post-2623-1145338543_thumb.jpgpost-2623-1145338583_thumb.jpg

my car #3873 showed up with a scratch ... or marr on the left deck lid stripe...the dealer ordered a new stripe kit and it goes in tomarrow for the fix...bill in mt

My Zaino process was Dawn wash, clay bar, rewash w/Z7, Z5, Z2, Z6, Z8, Z2, Z8, Z2 & one last Z8. I think the shine speaks for itself on a white car! I've posted a few pictures here the rest are in the Gallery. I look forward to your opinions. :) Dave post-2623-1145338543_thumb.jpgpost-2623-1145338583_thumb.jpg

my car #3873 showed up with a scratch ... or marr on the left deck lid stripe...the dealer ordered a new stripe kit and it goes in tomarrow for the fix...bill in mt

Archived