TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare Tire

jwhite1967

Has anybody actually bought a spare tire? I guess another question would be has anybody had to use the inflator tire kit?

I bought a spare from the Ford dealer. The standard 17" spare for the 2007 Mustang GT will fit as long as you don't have big brakes. The spare O.D is only about 3/8" smaller than the SGT tire. The Ford spare that is designed for the Mustang GT is the only spare that will fit you car and fit in the wheel well. I suggest trying a junkyard first. A new wheel and tire will cost you ~$400. Really expensive.

I bought a spare from the Ford dealer. The standard 17" spare for the 2007 Mustang GT will fit as long as you don't have big brakes. The spare O.D is only about 3/8" smaller than the SGT tire. The Ford spare that is designed for the Mustang GT is the only spare that will fit you car and fit in the wheel well. I suggest trying a junkyard first. A new wheel and tire will cost you ~$400. Really expensive.

Ebay is your friend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-08-FO...sspagenameZWDVW

$250 but polished silverand no tire...no help if you're a black SGT, but you can get a cheaper tire for the spare.

Ebay is your friend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-08-FO...sspagenameZWDVW

$250 but polished silverand no tire...no help if you're a black SGT, but you can get a cheaper tire for the spare.

HI INSPECTED A HERTZ SHELBY FOR A GUY AND IT HAD A SPARE NOT SURE WHAT KIND IT WAS JUST SEEN IT HAD ONE

Only a temp. spare (donut) will fit in the well, but you can always set a full-size in the trunk (not sure if that's true if you have the Shaker 1000 box in the back). Real race cars don't have spares, though!!

Only a temp. spare (donut) will fit in the well, but you can always set a full-size in the trunk (not sure if that's true if you have the Shaker 1000 box in the back). Real race cars don't have spares, though!!

Yeah, but they have a pit crew that can change all 4 in about 12 seconds. I have looked for my pit crew in the trunk and glovebox but can't find them.

B)

Yeah, but they have a pit crew that can change all 4 in about 12 seconds. I have looked for my pit crew in the trunk and glovebox but can't find them.

B)

I asked my dealer to price me out a temporary spare and jack, yesterday...have not heard back from him. Has anyone fit a regular wheel and tire it the spare tire "well"? I have a spare wheel but it is to wide to fit into my "well".

There you have it. The regular wheel and tire won't fit in the well. Even if you find a wheel and tire that has a small enough diameter, the thickness will be WAY too much and sit above the well. If your want a spare, the best solution is the standard Mustang GT spare, scissors jack and lug wrench.

I also have a spare SGT wheel and tire already mounted, but I keep that in my basement just in case I damage a wheel. It's a spare wheel to have when sometime in the future, we won't be able to buy the standard SGT wheels.

I asked my dealer to price me out a temporary spare and jack, yesterday...have not heard back from him. Has anyone fit a regular wheel and tire it the spare tire "well"? I have a spare wheel but it is to wide to fit into my "well".

I checked today at my dearler !! make sure it is a 2005 and above mustang GT--GT that spare will fit stg

While we're on this topic, when was the last time any of you had a flat? I haven't had one in over 5 years, and actually, that was my wife that had it, caused by a nail she picked up in our own driveway. Prior to that, I haven't had a flat since I started driving (in 1970)! So...I guess I better knock on wood hard!!

I don't worry about a flat or tire damage driving locally but if you are on the highway, traveling 100 or 200 miles away from home and have something happen to a tire that the inflator kit wont' fix what do you do? Leave your Shelby along the side of the highway? Call AAA or Ford road service to have it towed somewhere?

I don't worry about a flat or tire damage driving locally but if you are on the highway, traveling 100 or 200 miles away from home and have something happen to a tire that the inflator kit wont' fix what do you do? Leave your Shelby along the side of the highway? Call AAA or Ford road service to have it towed somewhere?

With the low clearance up front, I wonder if this car would go up the steep angle ramp to get on top of a flat-bed wrecker? Still prefer a donut, jack, and lug wrench in the trunk.

Archived