TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone know how you go about sueing a ford dealership?

VEGASTY

i finally got my car back after 5 WEEKS at huntington beach ford to have the hood scoop replaced and the faulty striping on the hood and roof replaced under warranty. i picked it up late when they were closing, when i washed it the next day i noticed all the the striping is MAJORLY stained on the whole car and the black paint has sm translucent spot all over, granted the paint spots may clay bar out. i took it back to them and showed them, i was told ok we'll send it back to the body shop and see what happenned. today i get a message saying the body shop said this is not a factory ford issue,, (dahhhhhhh) and that it was done from outside source (another dahhhhhhhhh). i called them and said i know that, this happenned in your possesion , they said no car was perfect when you got it. i tell ya i am livid at this dealership and fords blanket reply that each dealer is independantly owned bs. i need some advise from any of you on what i should do. i paid retail for this car they had it over 5 weeks giving me the run around and now someone at this dealership is covering up the fact that they knew they messed the car up. shame on me for not going over it before i took posession back, but i advised them when dropped off not to put it thru the auto car wash per ford and shelbys instructions, when picked up had layer of dust on it. i am so pissed off right now

Ok first of all....settle down and collect your extremely smart thoughts here. We all know these dealers are NOT the sharpest knives in the drawer and therefore take your steps weisely and calculated. I would do the following below:

1) Contact no body BUT the general manager.

2) When you contact him/her refrain from being so upset that your emotions take you away from making an irrational decision. Then ask him/her politely, how can we take care of this issue without it going to places we both don;t want it to go. Wait for his/her response.

3) Once you get the appropriate response take the actions thoroughly through this General Manager and follow up ONLY through the GM.

4) You should have your issue rectified immediately. But remember these people are NOT Shelby people and they do not work on Shelby's.

I hope this helped. if it didn't just relax you'll get it handled by being patient.

I have had similar situations with a Ford Dealership. Here is some advice.

Talk to the dealer principle. Most times they rely too much on their personel and need to know what's going on at the dealership. Some are disconnected. If you get no satisfaction you call the 800 customer care number and log a formal complaint. It goes to the zone rep who follows up with the dealership. Make an appointment with the zone rep and dealer. At that point I would suspect that you would get some results. One thing that probably will happen is that they will not allow another dealer to fix the originating dealers problem, could be a down side.

Sounds like a pia but it did yeild results for me and the problem was solved to my satisfaction. Hope this helps a little pointing you in the right direction.

Ok first of all....settle down and collect your extremely smart thoughts here. We all know these dealers are NOT the sharpest knives in the drawer and therefore take your steps weisely and calculated. I would do the following below:

1) Contact no body BUT the general manager.

2) When you contact him/her refrain from being so upset that your emtions take you away from making an irrational decision. Then ask him/her politely, how can we take care of this issue without it going to places we both don;t want it to go. Wait for his/her response.

3) Once you get the appropriate response take the actions thoroughly through this General Manager and foolow up ONLY through the GM.

4) You should have your issue rectified immediately. But remember these people are NOT Shelby people and they do not work on Shelby's.

I hope this helped. if it didn't just relax you'll get it handled by being patient.

excellent advise, thanks, i had just finished reading it when omar the general manager called me back. i was calm and professional as was he. alot different from the service guy. his service manger and rep told him i had the car for 2 weeks before bringing it back, i told him to check date i picked it up and date i came back, 2 1/2 days. i had to wait till day off to return it. i agreeded with with him that yes there is the unkown that it was in my possesion for those 2 days, i agreeded that is an unknown, i stated the fact that i have a car cover and that someone who brought it in for stripe issue would not park it under a tree. i told him to back track where the car has been since they parked it awaiting pick up and they will find their answer, since what ever got on the car someone infact wiped it off leaving the staining. anyway thanks for calming me down,i am usualy not like that but this car is like my child, i'll keep you posted on what happens

You may also want to check your state's small claim court procedure.

This is what happens to us when we buy $40K cars from dealers who have $20K car mentalitys.

i know better than to mess up someones pride and joy. this aint a focus. nothing against focus, but you know what i mean.

michael morris

Uh, Michael. I've been meaning to call you about the black paint on my car. It appears to be defective, and I want you to fix it. Every time I park it in a public lot and come back, it has new FINGERPRINTS on it (and sometimes noseprints on the window)!!! :lol:

VEGASTY, good luck with the dealer. I know you must be upset, as would I, and I sincerely hope they fix it to your satisfaction.

Uh, Michael. I've been meaning to call you about the black paint on my car. It appears to be defective, and I want you to fix it. Every time I park it in a public lot and come back, it has new FINGERPRINTS on it (and sometimes noseprints on the window)!!! :lol:

VEGASTY, good luck with the dealer. I know you must be upset, as would I, and I sincerely hope they fix it to your satisfaction.

My friends wife liked it so much she left tit marks on mine no bs, kinda wierd.

Do you think your stain will show in a pic? I'm wondering what they got on the car.

for sure its that bad, believe me as passionate as i know everyone is on this board with your car you guys would be very very upset. unfortunatly they have my vehicle so i cannot take the pics, the general manager omar has been very professional but what hurts me is, ( customer beware,) i never should have taken possesion of the car back without wiping off the dust and checking the quality of the striping, but to be honest i never in a million years thought that this would have happenned and needed to be checked. so i am stuck with my word against theirs. service manger back tracked from saying i had it 2 weeks and now agrees 2 days and said it most likely happenned from the dew from the car cover for the 2 days i had it, amazing the excuses. i told them to inspect the car cover that is not what happenned. what ever stained it and its major had to sit on the car for a while and someone had to have seen and wiped it off what ever caused it that left the the staining. it definatly not bird dropping because it is brown blotchy all over the stripes. anyway i'm out of town for 10 days, omar said he has to believe his employess that it was not like that, i obviously disgreeded but did agree the 2 days in my possion is an unknown for him. they also evn said maybe it came fro shelby like that, idiots then if it did you would not have put it on, but striping they did not replace is now stainded.

he said he will make some calls to shelby and that either way he will not cover it 100%, that i must assume some of the cost because i had it 2 days. (not happy) he also mentioned the stripes have been a major headache issue for ford.shelby and that the new models may infact have painted stripes.

i tried to explain that anyone who brought it in for the original issue would not then park it under a tree for 2 days and let sap drop all over it. anyway i told him to get back to me. i still could not get straight answer as to who and where my car went, i got it back with 4 miles to go till empty and no straight answer as to who did the stipes, first they told me shelby in los angeles was doing it, i called LV they said striping is not done there.

i am very disappointed in ford over all and one thing for sure the 2008 navigator i was going to buy, i will not now.

My advice: call an attorney. tell this absolute moron sales manager clown you are doing so and when you do you will not negotiate from them on and will seek maximum damages. This dumba*s obviously doesnt know his a*s from a hole in the ground. They are not considereing painting on the stripes. They charge $5,000 to do it on the Ford GT (commonly called the GT40 by sales people who dont know sh*t and think they do). So I have a real hard time believeing they are going to put them on the SGT. And there has been no mention of it on here or other sites I go to and if it were true it would have been mentioned. I dont mean to rant but I too have had issues with service departments over the years at Ford and this is GM crap. They want you to commit to paying some and then they will fix it. it is their fault and I would stick it to them. More reasons why Ford is in the toilet. Sad, very sad.

Vegas

I would be so hot my brains would be fried....found out something years ago...make sure you include them providing you a car with any type of service..put it on the paperwork when you buy the car. That way....you just keep their car...sooner or later someone will realize it is gone and your car goes to the head of the list...one time I had the car so long I called them to tell them it needed an oil change!!! Good luck Vegas...Steve

Archived