TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hurst Shifter

mrhugger

Guys and Gals (sorry Sue)

Maybe it is just me but when I shift using the hurst shifter, the tips of my fingers contact the nut underneath and that thing is sharp!!! Minor issue but last weekend when getting on it...I actually cut the tips of two figures....anyone else with this problem? Correction? Thanx ...Steve

I do not have this problem. My solution would be what I have done with some bike shifters with sharp corners. I would tape the entire area off with tape and plastic sheeting, like a dental dam. Then I would take a fine metal file carefully filing off the sharp edges, then finish up with some aluminum oxide sand paper if you want and viola problem solved. Remove the pastic, vac up any straggling mess and its that quick and easy. :D

I have felt the same thing - not what I would call sharp, but not dull either. I have found myself, lately, to be holding the cue ball just a little different to avoid it, so it appears that I am self-training myself. Anyway, no way I will change it because its so cool and I will remain all-original.

I have felt the same thing - not what I would call sharp, but not dull either. I have found myself, lately, to be holding the cue ball just a little different to avoid it, so it appears that I am self-training myself. Anyway, no way I will change it because its so cool and I will remain all-original.

+1

Of course, I assume that the removal process would be to slightly turn the nut to relieve pressure on the ball, then spin off the ball. At this point, you could remove the nut and replace with one with a rounded bottom, like a locknut. Then reverse the removal process.

Guys and Gals (sorry Sue)

Maybe it is just me but when I shift using the hurst shifter, the tips of my fingers contact the nut underneath and that thing is sharp!!! Minor issue but last weekend when getting on it...I actually cut the tips of two figures....anyone else with this problem? Correction? Thanx ...Steve

:P B)

No problem at all with mine !

Maybe it just likes my fingers better :rolleyes: ;)

Have not noticed anything on mine either. I would also say removal of the shifter knob and replacing the lock nut would be easiest, but not something I would expect to have to do on a new car! :blink: Perhaps a wrench slipped during install and created a burr on the lock nut?? :o

Archived