TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT4009 is Finally Home!

IASHELBYGT

Well Guys & Gals it's finally here! 9 months and 1 day after I ordered the car I picked it up today from my dealer. Words cannot describe how I felt when I finally saw her up in the flesh (so to speak) Pictures do not do this car justice. It is truly awesome in its design and profile. The lines and stance of this car are amazing! I love the CS6 hood and lower grill. I have a few more trim items and window tint I'll be doing later this week. I'll post new pics when I get that done and the car Zaino'd. As I pulled out of the rural dealership today I roared out of the parking lot and hit 1st and 2nd gear easily. Third was a little tricky at first but really not to bad. Before I knew it I was doing 75 in a 45 and it felt like I was doing 30! I came up on a tight corner on a winding country road and the car hugged the road like a glove, I barley had to steer. Then I hit the highway the car acclerated effortlessly into 4th gear. This car loves to run at 80MPH!! My son was with me for the 1st ride and he just grinned the entire time. At one point as we passed a car load full of teens in an old LTD he just laughed as he said, "did you see the expression on their faces?" They were all turning around so hard I thought their necks were going to snap! As others have said this car is a total package, looks, power, handling, & sound. I included a few pictures of the pickup today and I'm trying to post some on the gallery but I am having some trouble. I've posted four pics but it keeps kicking me out. Dream, I have a few picks of the transport our cars came on. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. Thanks to John, Bud and Amy and all the folks on this forum who post great information and make you feel like you're in a pretty exclusive family. As John says...Shelby Forever!

Dave

Dave, that's great news. Wow, 9 months. Boy you and the others tha waited since Jan, Dec and Nov deserve a huge amount of credit for sticking in there.

I am sure your son will never forget that first ride with his dad.

Love the pics and the list of mods, current and future. I'm going to see if I can get JW to put that ASAP on my windshield too LOL.

Congrats again!

Yeah! That's great. May I ask how much the lower grille and lights were?

Blue-

Lower grille and lights are $380 installed at SAI-I have the complete price list for mod shop options from John-pm me your email if you want it and I'll send it to you.

Larry

Well Guys & Gals it's finally here! 9 months and 1 day after I ordered the car I picked it up today from my dealer. Words cannot describe how I felt when I finally saw her up in the flesh (so to speak) Pictures do not do this car justice. It is truly awesome in its design and profile. The lines and stance of this car are amazing! I love the CS6 hood and lower grill. I have a few more trim items and window tint I'll be doing later this week. I'll post new pics when I get that done and the car Zaino'd. As I pulled out of the rural dealership today I roared out of the parking lot and hit 1st and 2nd gear easily. Third was a little tricky at first but really not to bad. Before I knew it I was doing 75 in a 45 and it felt like I was doing 30! I came up on a tight corner on a winding country road and the car hugged the road like a glove, I barley had to steer. Then I hit the highway the car acclerated effortlessly into 4th gear. This car loves to run at 80MPH!! My son was with me for the 1st ride and he just grinned the entire time. At one point as we passed a car load full of teens in an old LTD he just laughed as he said, "did you see the expression on their faces?" They were all turning around so hard I thought their necks were going to snap! As others have said this car is a total package, looks, power, handling, & sound. I included a few pictures of the pickup today and I'm trying to post some on the gallery but I am having some trouble. I've posted four pics but it keeps kicking me out. Dream, I have a few picks of the transport our cars came on. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. Thanks to John, Bud and Amy and all the folks on this forum who post great information and make you feel like you're in a pretty exclusive family. As John says...Shelby Forever!

Dave

Pm'd you, that would be great

Yeah! That's great. May I ask how much the lower grille and lights were?

AFB, the "INSTALLED" price list is on post # 40 in the pinned topic "Questions for John W."

I don't know if these prices have changed as they were the pre-SPP pricing, but at least they were valid back then.

Here is the link for quick access:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=894&st=20

Dave,

Congrats! I was wondering when your car was going to show up. Glad its everything you hoped for and more. I figure mine can't be far behind . . . .

Thanks Wes,

It's a blast to drive. I can't imagine the power these cars have with the SC. It's plenty for me with the regular Shelby package. I'm pulling for you man. It won't be long now.

Dave

Sorry to steal the thread for a 2nd but, I want to get this mod, but am afraid it will delay my car's arrival by who knows how long. I'm thinking I'll just order the part and do it myself (or have some future E. Coast mod shop do it)

PS: All, thanks for the info.

Thanks Wes,

It's a blast to drive. I can't imagine the power these cars have with the SC. It's plenty for me with the regular Shelby package. I'm pulling for you man. It won't be long now.

Dave

Congratulations Dave!!!!!!! Car looks great. Pretty cool feeling when it pulls out of that semi. Yes you do have to watch 2nd gear, before you know iut your doing 50-60 miles an hour. Yes, the S/C is incredible. At 299 it still doesn't work, but at 301 it does. It does pull harder with the S/C, but I agree there is plenty of power without it. Car takes some getting used to, instead of braking into corners now you can accelerate into the corner, what a feeling that was. The car is like a vacuum cleaner, it just stays sucked to the ground. It is a blast to drive. Leave the traction control on until you get familiar with the car. Just go have fun, you deserve it.

Dave

Archived