TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 SGT's wrapped up?

shelbydream1

Ok-after Roger's visit, it sounds like the 07's are done or almost- let's beat the Black Vs White horse some more!! Anyone have #'s???

After my 2 visits, viewing the original pics of cars in the lot back in January, and viewing other people's visit pics, I'm going to guess that the ratio will be about 55% black and 45% white. I'd say that it equates to 3300 black and 2700 white, but we still haven't gotten confirmation of the 6000 units.

I guess I won't be seeing to many of my model around the streets! I guess this begs for the next question....will there be Shelby GT's in 2009? There is a rumored power increase to 350 hp for the Mustang GT....

I hope SAI DOES NOT make the Bullit! Those cars will be faster than ours with the 373 gears AND the 90MM cold air kit. That will be BS, a Shelby beaten by a Bullit, with the same engine! No thanks, SVT can make them all they want I want my diversity!

Ok, I forgot about the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the pro Shelby/anti SVT crowd :D

j/k

I hope SAI DOES NOT make the Bullit! Those cars will be faster than ours with the 373 gears AND the 90MM cold air kit. That will be BS, a Shelby beaten by a Bullit, with the same engine! No thanks, SVT can make them all they want I want my diversity!

I don't think you have to worry. I read somewhere else that the Bullit will be 305 HP.

The original Bullitts were all built in house by Ford at DAP on the line with the V6,GT, and Cobra models. Roush did some engine stuff prior to production on the '01's. IF they go outside Ford to finish them my guess is it will be with Roush. I heard Saleen was in the doghouse over the PJ cars. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I think that it is WAY to early to speculate, much less get worked up, over the Bullitt. The thing is still half a year away, there is little information out there now, and what there is may or may not be accurate (remember, the Shelby GT was to have 325 hp, come with 3.73 gears, have pollished wheels, etc., etc., etc.).

Unless Steve McQueen rises from the dead and starts signing dash plaques, I'm not going to be jealous over these cars (and if he does, I'll be more surprised than jealous...).

Just speculation on my part but they took the Boss 302 thunder away from FOMOCO.

There has been much speculation on this car re-emerging in the near future. And I would assume this may have dampered their plans somewhat.

The list on this car is over $61K plus $1,500 Gas Guzzler Tax.

Not a cheap ride at all.

Just speculation on my part but they took the Boss 302 thunder away from FOMOCO.

There has been much speculation on this car re-emerging in the near future. And I would assume this may have dampered their plans somewhat.

The list on this car is over $61K plus $1,500 Gas Guzzler Tax.

Not a cheap ride at all.

I just read your mods list in your signature. I'm impressed and I expect yours isn't a cheap ride either and is probably pushing the $60k mark too. Very nice indeed!

I think that Ford was trying to time new variant releases to the original releases + 40 years:

- New retro body 2005 (1965 + 40)

- Shelby GT-H 2006 (1966 + 40)

- Shelby GT500 2007 (1967 + 40)

- Shelby GT500KR 2008 (1968 + 40)

- Bullitt 2008 (1968 + 40)

Logically, a Boss or Mach 1 would follow in 2009 (1969 + 40).

I am surprised that the California Special hit in 2007 versus 2008, but I guess that 2008 was already "loaded" with other potential variants.

Just my $0.02.

Ok-after Roger's visit, it sounds like the 07's are done or almost- let's beat the Black Vs White horse some more!! Anyone have #'s???

With the 2008 models coming out in the near future it would be interesting to know how many 07s Shelby GTs are still waiting for completion at Shelby. I am one of those still waiting for my 07 and wondering if I will get the car before cruising season is over around my part of the USA. My car will never see a winter road. One would think that most of the 07 cars still waiting would be those already sold. I would not think a dealer would want too many high end 07 Mustangs showing up in the next month or so with their 08 Ford models coming out at about the same time.

I just read your mods list in your signature. I'm impressed and I expect yours isn't a cheap ride either and is probably pushing the $60k mark too. Very nice indeed!

Thanks Blues. Not what I originally intended but it, like Adam's car, has taken on a life of it's own. Now....If I can only tell my wife that the charges on the credit card are from my Las Vegas Trip.

Come to think of it .............they are! :lol:

With the 2008 models coming out in the near future it would be interesting to know how many 07s Shelby GTs are still waiting for completion at Shelby. I am one of those still waiting for my 07 and wondering if I will get the car before cruising season is over around my part of the USA. My car will never see a winter road. One would think that most of the 07 cars still waiting would be those already sold. I would not think a dealer would want too many high end 07 Mustangs showing up in the next month or so with their 08 Ford models coming out at about the same time.

I can tell you that during the tour over a week ago they stated that there were less than 400 remaining to complete. I have looked a pictures of the lot from 2 weeks prior to my visit and compared the lot to last week and there were significantly less cars waiting. I think the issue now is that transportation has become somewhat of the sticking point now. At no time did I see any more than 2 trailers at one time loading cars. And there were many waiting for trucks. I would assume that all 6000 were ordered by dealers or customers. The wait will be modding time. Just need to be patient. After word spread on the mod shop it lit up like a christmas tree and there seems to be no turning back. A good thing for SAI and a bad thing for impatient people.

I also agree with your last statement seeing how 08's are on the ground at dealers. Mine will be a while. I live in the northeast so I figure I have to the end of October, if I'm lucky and the weather holds. But I do not expect to see the car until September.

Archived