TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One month with my new SGT!

Hi I have been reading this forum since I bought my car new on July 1 2007. This forum has been great to read thanks!!!

Originally I was going to buy a regular gt vert. but after the test drive I was not really into it.

I am a car nut and was simply looking for a daily driver with air bags to take my kid to Kindergarten and to bring me out of the stone age for commuting to work. Man am I glad I saw the SGT in person!! I was in the right place at the right time! My wife has always wanted a 71 Mach 1 (born in 71) and this was #471, being we are into lucky numbers and good juju- this was destined to be my ride!

This car is totally amazing, it feels like it has more hp than it does, and it corners like its on rails!

Anyway it is car #471 in white and it will be driven almost everyday in Seattle. (garage parked of course and never ever parked in a crowded parking lot! Haha) I waited a month to break the car in and give my two cents, so...

My observations are:

1. This thing is a blast to drive!

2. Everyone digs it!

3. It will go sideways on a second gear up-shift even with tcs on.

4. It will go over 140mph. (on a closed course of course)

5. The car rules with the radio off. (of course all hot rods do, Enzo thought so too)

6. Balanced performance is this cars first name.

7. I will keep this car forever. (this time I mean it!!!)

8. I like the rev-limiter. (this engine just wants to wind up)

9. For a performance car the gas milage is nothing short of amazing.

10. It reminds me of a modern sport-bike...way way way too much fun!!!!

For those interested it now has over 1200 miles on it (break-in done!).

I bought it for an amazing deal below the MSRP and the Shelby package mark-up (no adm-I was in the car-biz way back).

Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma is great! Thanks also to unnamed eastside dealers with unkempt inventory and swirl marked GT converts haha! I am picky and Titus-Will knows how to keep inventory clean and unmarked!

Nice guys who are into cars.

The car has the carbon dash, nav system, active alarm, Interior upgrade and sat radio. It is of course a 5sp.

Also If any Shelby folks are reading this, THANKS!!!!!! This car ROCKS!

I am getting a ticking sound (exhaust maybe?) and my pas airbag light has flickered on sometimes, but I will have this checked out next week as I am going in to get plates and a post break-in oil change. No scoop issues and only one really, really small bubble on a side stripe. But this is hard to see when I am driving the car!

Just thought I would post my experience, Again thanks for the forum and everyone who posts, and thanks to the Shelby Team, this is one terrifc car!

Great post, and I can agree with everything except your item no. 4 because, unfortunately, I just haven't had the opportunity to try that yet!!

Looks like we have a lot in common. I got my ride July 4th. With a little over 800 miles so far I have not taken Sherby out of the city yet. Measured from 4 fill-ups, I'm getting just about 16 mpg.

I may be driving a little aggressively though. I have not had this much fun since my 280ZX Turbo in 1983.

I am making up for lost time.

My scoop is still OK, I guess. I think the black SGT's are having the most problems?

Hi I have been reading this forum since I bought my car new on July 1 2007. This forum has been great to read thanks!!!

Originally I was going to buy a regular gt vert. but after the test drive I was not really into it.

I am a car nut and was simply looking for a daily driver with air bags to take my kid to Kindergarten and to bring me out of the stone age for commuting to work. Man am I glad I saw the SGT in person!! I was in the right place at the right time! My wife has always wanted a 71 Mach 1 (born in 71) and this was #471, being we are into lucky numbers and good juju- this was destined to be my ride!

This car is totally amazing, it feels like it has more hp than it does, and it corners like its on rails!

Anyway it is car #471 in white and it will be driven almost everyday in Seattle. (garage parked of course and never ever parked in a crowded parking lot! Haha) I waited a month to break the car in and give my two cents, so...

My observations are:

1. This thing is a blast to drive!

2. Everyone digs it!

3. It will go sideways on a second gear up-shift even with tcs on.

4. It will go over 140mph. (on a closed course of course)

5. The car rules with the radio off. (of course all hot rods do, Enzo thought so too)

6. Balanced performance is this cars first name.

7. I will keep this car forever. (this time I mean it!!!)

8. I like the rev-limiter. (this engine just wants to wind up)

9. For a performance car the gas milage is nothing short of amazing.

10. It reminds me of a modern sport-bike...way way way too much fun!!!!

For those interested it now has over 1200 miles on it (break-in done!).

I bought it for an amazing deal below the MSRP and the Shelby package mark-up (no adm-I was in the car-biz way back).

Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma is great! Thanks also to unnamed eastside dealers with unkempt inventory and swirl marked GT converts haha! I am picky and Titus-Will knows how to keep inventory clean and unmarked!

Nice guys who are into cars.

The car has the carbon dash, nav system, active alarm, Interior upgrade and sat radio. It is of course a 5sp.

Also If any Shelby folks are reading this, THANKS!!!!!! This car ROCKS!

I am getting a ticking sound (exhaust maybe?) and my pas airbag light has flickered on sometimes, but I will have this checked out next week as I am going in to get plates and a post break-in oil change. No scoop issues and only one really, really small bubble on a side stripe. But this is hard to see when I am driving the car!

Just thought I would post my experience, Again thanks for the forum and everyone who posts, and thanks to the Shelby Team, this is one terrifc car!

You nailed it on all fronts!

Great post.

Jer

Archived