TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner

reedae1856

Since I am a new Shelby owner I thought I would ask a quick question. I have the 18" black painted aluminum wheels and was wondering if Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner is safe to use. I see that it says that it is safe for all factory clear-coated and painted wheels so I am thinking the product is safe to use. However, it says to not use on anodized, magnesium, un-coated, or powder-coated wheels. Can anyone help me out. I would really hate to use this product (that I have) and ruin my nice and shiny wheels.

Thanks

Since I am a new Shelby owner I thought I would ask a quick question. I have the 18" black painted aluminum wheels and was wondering if Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner is safe to use. I see that it says that it is safe for all factory clear-coated and painted wheels so I am thinking the product is safe to use. However, it says to not use on anodized, magnesium, un-coated, or powder-coated wheels. Can anyone help me out. I would really hate to use this product (that I have) and ruin my nice and shiny wheels.

Thanks

Just use regular soap and water and buy the Flitz or the Mothers ball.

Best thing to do if youre worried about a product is pull the MSDS and do a check on its ingredients - assuming they have them listed.

http://www.meguiars.com/msds/G95.PDF

It's vinegar and other acids in formulation.

2.5 pH, 3 out of 4 on the health rating.

If you used it I wouldn't let it sit for too long.

Archived