TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#4990 has arrived!

ShelbyCobra826

Michael called, my car is arrived in GA this afternoon, and I've booked a flight down from NC on Saturday to pick it up! :D :D :D :D

For those of you that have listened to me whine about my experience trying to get this car back in January (originally ordered through my local dealership after I gave them my color and option preferences, arrived in April with $7K ADM, and is still sitting on their floor today…), and then continued to listen to my whining about the wait for the current car (ordered through Michael back in April, waited, waited, visited the car in Las Vegas in June, waited, waited…), thanks for your patience.

Funny story, but my four-year-old son was devastated when I sold my 1968 Mustang J-code fastback to make room for the new Shelby. When Michael called on Monday saying that the car was on the way and I conveyed the good news to my son, he was so excited that he literally broke down into tears. Of course, once he pulled himself together I let him call “Mr. Michael” and thank him for the car.

For those of you still waiting, especially those in the ModShop, hang in there. AFBLUE, how you had the fortitude to drop the 2007 and “go to the back of the line” for a 2008, I’ll never understand; I’m sure that your patience will be well rewarded in the not-to-distant future.

I know that it has been said many times over, but Michael Morris is the man. If you can get a car through Wayne Morris Ford in Perry, GA, go for it. He’s a really good guy, plus a car guy to boot, and this has been undoubtedly the best buying experience that I have had in almost 20 years of many other such experiences. Plus, he'll need someone else to fill the void in his life now that I won't be calling him every week to see if anything has changed! :D

If Michael will let me, I’ll post pics from the delivery at his dealership this weekend (I hear that he’s a little sensitive about his height, so please, no “small” jokes…).

He's also sending pics of it being unloaded off the truck, so I'll try to post one or two of these as well. I hear that it was very dirty at the time (funny, but now all three of my children have been pretty nasty when they first emerged...), so don't have your hopes set too high.

Oh, and he says that the stripes and the hood scoop look great...so maybe we'll get to see what a real car on the ground with the new scoop "fix" looks like. B)

Michael called, my car is arrived in GA this afternoon, and I've booked a flight down from NC on Saturday to pick it up! :D :D :D :D

For those of you that have listened to me whine about my experience trying to get this car back in January (originally ordered through my local dealership after I gave them my color and option preferences, arrived in April with $7K ADM, and is still sitting on their floor today…), and then continued to listen to my whining about the wait for the current car (ordered through Michael back in April, waited, waited, visited the car in Las Vegas in June, waited, waited…), thanks for your patience.

Funny story, but my four-year-old son was devastated when I sold my 1968 Mustang J-code fastback to make room for the new Shelby. When Michael called on Monday saying that the car was on the way and I conveyed the good news to my son, he was so excited that he literally broke down into tears. Of course, once he pulled himself together I let him call “Mr. Michael” and thank him for the car.

For those of you still waiting, especially those in the ModShop, hang in there. AFBLUE, how you had the fortitude to drop the 2007 and “go to the back of the line” for a 2008, I’ll never understand; I’m sure that your patience will be well rewarded in the not-to-distant future.

I know that it has been said many times over, but Michael Morris is the man. If you can get a car through Wayne Morris Ford in Perry, GA, go for it. He’s a really good guy, plus a car guy to boot, and this has been undoubtedly the best buying experience that I have had in almost 20 years of many other such experiences. Plus, he'll need someone else to fill the void in his life now that I won't be calling him every week to see if anything has changed! :D

If Michael will let me, I’ll post pics from the delivery at his dealership this weekend (I hear that he’s a little sensitive about his height, so please, no “small” jokes…).

He's also sending pics of it being unloaded off the truck, so I'll try to post one or two of these as well. I hear that it was very dirty at the time (funny, but now all three of my children have been pretty nasty when they first emerged...), so don't have your hopes set too high.

Oh, and he says that the stripes and the hood scoop look great...so maybe we'll get to see what a real car on the ground with the new scoop "fix" looks like. B)

Congrats on your new ride !!!!!!

Be careful though..I heard Michael puts curb feelers on every car that goes off that lot of his !! :D :P

Have a safe fun trip !!!!

Sue

Awesome news! Are you taking your son down with you for the drive back? You are about to have the ride of your life! I am excited to see if you got the scoop fix or not. There are alot of us feeling that way actually. And your CSM# is the highest we have seen on here yet I believe.

Awesome news! Are you taking your son down with you for the drive back? You are about to have the ride of your life! I am excited to see if you got the scoop fix or not. There are alot of us feeling that way actually. And your CSM# is the highest we have seen on here yet I believe.

Just me for this trip. MapQuest says the drive should be about 7.5 hours, but that is all interstate, and I'm planning to respect the 500 mile break in period and take a more scenic route. I doubt that my son would do well on a 10ish hour ride, though he will be very excited when I get home.

Uh, Michael...if you're reading this, mine's the white one. ;)

thanks for the kind words, it has been a blast working with you and the curb feeler are installed before we clean the car. they look great with the little dice on the end :lol:

looking forward to meeting you face to face Sat.

i have no problem with pictures, as long as i can stand on a box so i look normal size

michael

Plus, he'll need someone else to fill the void in his life now that I won't be calling him every week to see if anything has changed!
Don't worry, I've been filling that void already. I just have to call Michael 1-2 per week just to get my fix.

AFBLUE, how you had the fortitude to drop the 2007 and “go to the back of the line” for a 2008, I’ll never understand; I’m sure that your patience will be well rewarded in the not-to-distant future.

Actually I cancelled my 08 Mustang GT order, which would have arrived just now, so I've only added 2-4 months to get exactly what I want. A small price. I did express interest in the 07 SGTs when they first were annouced and made some inquiries, but ADM scarred me away (along with the $600,000 Barrett-Jackson SGT).

Enough about me. Congrats on the new SGT! :D Now time will really slow down.

Congrats on the car, more pics when you can.

Michael, can I order a set of curb feelers from you?? Please PM with details :D

NO! you must buy your car from me to have the special michael morris curb feelers installed. yall will have to ask Stan about the special curb feelers.

michael morris

NO! you must buy your car from me to have the special michael morris curb feelers installed. yall will have to ask Stan about the special curb feelers.

michael morris

You kid but I was actually behind a Dodge truck this morning......

........and it had curb feelers. :rolleyes:

I just wish I had a camera with me. My phone cam sux.

Congrats!! x100000

I too ordered in Dec (the 1st) & waited 6 months....only to have the dealer demand 50k!

Said bye bye and see ya.

Got my car thru Jason, a previous poster here, (now that he's out of SGT's, he is MIA)

FOR UNDER STICKER about 2 weeks later.

Went by the ORIGINAL dealer the other day and MY car was still sitting there. 2 months later.

(the sound you hear is the both of us laughing.) :lol::lol:

ENJOY!

and my son just turned 16 on Monday, he duznt really say anything cute anymore, He just comes out of the house REALLY QUICKLY now when I come by to take him to dinner? Go figure. B)

MWS

michael morris

Well I won't tell anyone...but Michael sent Ralph a pair !! :P :P :P :P And I didn't even buy the car from him :o

#4990 is on its way home. Stan i grinning from ear to ear. he took a bunch of pictures and hopefully will post them tomorrow when he gets up at the crack on NOON. he did take a picture of us in front of #4990. im the one standing on the box so i look like a normal person.( please no comments on my size, im very touchy about being vertically challenged)

Hope you had a great ride home Stan and it was great meeting you face to face.

michael morris

Congratulations Stan. Your going to LOVE the ride. And I have said it also. Michael is NOT your typical salesman. There is a genuine interest in his customers and keeping them happy. You just don't see that anymore.

Safe travels and post up when you return.

Okay, so I did not make it home last night as I got something of a late start. I stopped in Columbia, SC and got a hotel room, which was a good thing as it rained overnight, and the only thing worse than being lost and out of gas in the middle of the night would be to have been lost, out of gas, and wet...

Ahhh, 500 miles of country roads through rural GA, SC and NC, and I'm still grinning ear to ear. I can't say enough good things about this car, but then all of you know that. Before buying this car, I really thought that I would want to supercharge it, but not any more. The one time that I really did open it up on a straight stretch in the middle of nowhere, I was very surprised when it was still pulling hard at...well...never mind...and I ran out of guts before it ran out of RPMs.

And as promised, here is a picture of Michael and myself. Yes, I'm still the bearded one wearing the CS hat, and Michael was kind enough to bring his stilts in to work on Saturday...

Thanks again, Michael. FYI, you may want to fix the sign on the front of your dealership...

EDIT: Images moved to Gallery

Archived