TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Locks

pagerart

Does anyone know if the top base plate for the hood locks can be purchased for replacement? Mine have a dent from the pins when someone opened the hood too quickly. Thanks.

So do mine. I've wasted some money on this so listen to me and maybe you won't. I bought several hood pin kits to see if there was a better ring than the one that came with the car and replace the plates. The FRPP pin kit has a good ring but it isn't plated like the Shelby ring. I eventually found out that SAI knew these were a problem and they sent me new rings that work great.

The plate Shelby has different dimensions (center hole is larger) that any of the other plates I could find. So at some point I'm going to just buy another hood pin kit from Shelby Perf Parts.

Call Tony Branda in PA at 800-458-3477. They will sell you just the plates, I just ordered a set. Also they have concourse quality pin sets with plastic coated cables, etc..... I have a 66 GT350 H Rec that has thousands of dollars worth of their product. They are one of the preeminent suppliers of after market Shelby goods. Very easy to work with. Will have to report back on the quality of the plates they send me just to keep everyone informed.

Call Tony Branda in PA at 800-458-3477. They will sell you just the plates, I just ordered a set. Also they have concourse quality pin sets with plastic coated cables, etc..... I have a 66 GT350 H Rec that has thousands of dollars worth of their product. They are one of the preeminent suppliers of after market Shelby goods. Very easy to work with. Will have to report back on the quality of the plates they send me just to keep everyone informed.

Thanks for saving me some money!

hi i got a set today from tony they look ok will know better tomorrow going to put them on a 05 saleen

hi i got a set today from tony they look ok will know better tomorrow going to put them on a 05 saleen

hi we got the hood pins on today the pin and ring are chrome and a little smaller than the shelbygt will try to put picture in galley

hi we got the hood pins on today the pin and ring are chrome and a little smaller than the shelbygt will try to put picture in galley

Regarding the plates; Do they have the same size center hole as the SGT hood pin kit? Most other kits seem to have smaller holes on the plates.

Regarding the plates; Do they have the same size center hole as the SGT hood pin kit? Most other kits seem to have smaller holes on the plates.

I bought the Tony Branda plates and they do NOT fit. The center hole is smaller and the hole pattern for the screws is slightly different than the Shelby GT plates. I've look at many kits and plates now. The best bet is to just buy the Shelby Hood Pin Kit from Shelby Performance Parts and be done with it. The only other kit that has a plate that works is the FRPP hood pin kit. Here the center hole is larger than the Shelby GT hood pin plate but if you use the rubber backing from the Shelby kit with the FRPP plate it will cover the drilled hole in the hood and look good. The FRPP plate is thicker and very good quality so it won't bend and crinkle as easily as the Shelby plate.

I bought the Tony Branda plates and they do NOT fit. The center hole is smaller and the hole pattern for the screws is slightly different than the Shelby GT plates. I've look at many kits and plates now. The best bet is to just buy the Shelby Hood Pin Kit from Shelby Performance Parts and be done with it. The only other kit that has a plate that works is the FRPP hood pin kit. Here the center hole is larger than the Shelby GT hood pin plate but if you use the rubber backing from the Shelby kit with the FRPP plate it will cover the drilled hole in the hood and look good. The FRPP plate is thicker and very good quality so it won't bend and crinkle as easily as the Shelby plate.

there are two kits one for 94 the other 64 both are for sgt 2007 it looks like the one for 64 ,is the one that is on the car now ,which one to order ?? can u help !! my email is stg2587@hotmail.com thks

there are two kits one for 94 the other 64 both are for sgt 2007 it looks like the one for 64 ,is the one that is on the car now ,which one to order ?? can u help !! my email is stg2587@hotmail.com thks

I don't know anything about those kits. I've installed the FRPP plates on my SGT an they are superior to the stock plates with good chrome. They're just as I said though, the pin hole is a little larger than the SGT plate BUT if you use the SGT rubber parts, the drilled hole in the hood for the pin is covered and the install looks good. The FRPP pins and cables could also be used as replacements too. But the pins and rings don't have the same shiny plating as the SGT's. The FRPP kit is only about $35.

I ordered the Shelby pin kit as a back-up set for future replacement when parts get worn or rusted, etc.

Blueshawk-I received mine in the mail from Tony last week and have not put them on yet. I know they have different plates so you must ask for the concourse set for the 66' vin year.

OK OK OK-I had not replaced mine yet, so with the previous response waying heavily on my mind I just got back from replacing the factory plates with the Branda plates. Guess what guys-they work just fine and are several thousandth's thicker so kiss the damaged plate "thingy" goodbye.

ORDER THE CONCOURSE PLATES-1966 VIN YEAR AS IN 66 GT350 H.

Enjoy knowing that you won't ever have to replace them again.

I don't know anything about those kits. I've installed the FRPP plates on my SGT an they are superior to the stock plates with good chrome. They're just as I said though, the pin hole is a little larger than the SGT plate BUT if you use the SGT rubber parts, the drilled hole in the hood for the pin is covered and the install looks good. The FRPP pins and cables could also be used as replacements too. But the pins and rings don't have the same shiny plating as the SGT's. The FRPP kit is only about $35.

I ordered the Shelby pin kit as a back-up set for future replacement when parts get worn or rusted, etc.

What is the exact part number? It it HPP1?

Blueshawk-I received mine in the mail from Tony last week and have not put them on yet. I know they have different plates so you must ask for the concourse set for the 66' vin year.

OK OK OK-I had not replaced mine yet, so with the previous response waying heavily on my mind I just got back from replacing the factory plates with the Branda plates. Guess what guys-they work just fine and are several thousandth's thicker so kiss the damaged plate "thingy" goodbye.

ORDER THE CONCOURSE PLATES-1966 VIN YEAR AS IN 66 GT350 H.

Enjoy knowing that you won't ever have to replace them again.

Well, there is only one hood pin plate set and it's part number is HPP1. It is the same set of plates in all the Tony Branda '65-'67 hood pin kits. The plates are not the same as the Shelby plates. However, they may work on some SGT's depending on how the holes for the screws and the pins were installed. The tolerancing may just work out for you without having to modify the plates. I had to ream the center hole out to the same diamenter as the Shelby plates and also go to the next drill size on the screw holes. Having done that, they install nicely and look great! They are thicker and are a good replacement plate for the Shelby plates that crinkle and bend too easy.

These are the only just-plates-only sets I've found, that work, or can be made to work. The FRPP hood pin plates work too but you have to buy the whole kit to get them.

Archived