TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Touch-up Paint

ShelbyGT/SC

Hey everyone, what's your opinion on touch-up paint. I found this site with some cool paint pens. I was looking for a silver one. But I also saw they have the exact paint pen for our cars so I ordered one of those too. It says it's much better than a touch-up brush. They even have spray cans with our colors (yep, ordered one of those too).

I figure if I ever have a really long scratch, I can just use the spray can. :lol: Maybe I'll use a few dozen spreay cans to paint my truck to match the SGT. :lol:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Hey everyone, what's your opinion on touch-up paint. I found this site with some cool paint pens. I was looking for a silver one. But I also saw they have the exact paint pen for our cars so I ordered one of those too. It says it's much better than a touch-up brush. They even have spray cans with our colors (yep, ordered one of those too).

I figure if I ever have a really long scratch, I can just use the spray can. :lol: Maybe I'll use a few dozen spreay cans to paint my truck to match the SGT. :lol:

Touch up paint is better than rust but only for chips.

If I were find a long scratch I can't buff out, it usually results in me running around in a cricle screaming and crying like a little girl. :lol:

EDIT: I actually found the color that matches the stripe (IMO) identically and surprisingly it's just a standard Ford color. It's from Scratch Fix 2in1 purchased at Wal-Mart and it's called NG FM 236 - Silver Charcoal Met.

Touch up paint is better than rust but only for chips.

If I were find a long scratch I can't buff out, it usually results in me running around in a cricle screaming and crying like a little girl. :lol:

I just finished detailing my car and was getting ready to mow the lawn and had the lawn mower along side the car. I needed to get something at the store and got in my car and backed out of the drive way. When I see that I had scraped the entire length of the car with the handle of the lawn mower. IKES! However, the handle was covered with a soft rubber and all it did was leave a rubber residue in the form of a scratch on the top of the clearcoat. A little cleaner polish took it off and no telltale marks. Whew!

Scared the crap out of me! After reading this post, I'm starting to have flash backs of the whole epidsode! My heart is beating faster...... need to take a deep breath now.........

I'm less worried about the paint than I am the stripes. Especially the ones on the hood. They seem VERY soft and mine already has a few dings form road debris etc. Luckily it's the one that will one day be replaced but still it does show how fragile they can be. I keep a good distance from the guy in front of me now.

I'm less worried about the paint than I am the stripes. Especially the ones on the hood. They seem VERY soft and mine already has a few dings form road debris etc. Luckily it's the one that will one day be replaced but still it does show how fragile they can be. I keep a good distance from the guy in front of me now.

The touch-up paint for the scoop is Ford Satin Silver paint, which matches the stripes. You could get a bottle of that and touch-up the nicks (just a dab to cover any black showing through) in the mean time. I don't have any nicks yet, but that's probably what I'll try when the time comes.

I've heard of '70's cars with original vinyl stripes still looking good.

The touch-up paint for the scoop is Ford Satin Silver paint, which matches the stripes. You could get a bottle of that and touch-up the nicks (just a dab to cover any black showing through) in the mean time. I don't have any nicks yet, but that's probably what I'll try when the time comes.

I've heard of '70's cars with original vinyl stripes still looking good.

Oh great. That Ford Satin Silver color just happens to be the color I ordered for the silver pen to be used to sign my car. Now I can also use it to touch up my stripes if ever needed.

Satin silver - good to know, as I have a scratch on my stripes which are on top of the rear bumper - a very vulnerable area.

Satin silver - good to know, as I have a scratch on my stripes which are on top of the rear bumper - a very vulnerable area.

Heck, maybe we can get SPP to source these pens and other items from this vendor. Anyone from SPP read this forum?

Wow what a cool site, I am ordering a pen and spray with base coat clear coat. Good job Adam. :)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< For Adam

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Adam:

Do you already have scratches on you car ?????? :D

Actually, there were some now that you remind me. I was told they'd buff them out for me. I noticed them as soon as I got there. Nope, not from me though. Thanks for reminding me so I can bring it up to them tomorrow.

Bud, if you happen to read this, would you mind having a look? It's on the lower front fascia, passenger's side middle.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived