TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Showtime for Sherri's car

dave c

What a weekend!!!! Our Mustang club did a local parade. Rag tops carried local VIP's through parade. About 30 mustangs were there and we all lined up side by side according to year. We were lined up with 07 PJ Boss 302. Sherri's car held it's own. Man does this car draw attention!!!!!!!! Heard comments like, wow he's letting wife/girlfriend drive that car, it's a freaking Shelby-light em' up, many people jumping out to take pictures, look at that one, but the one we heard the most was OMG look at those wheels. I'm telling you if you ever thought the chrome was too much for the car, it's not. Everyone loves them. It's an incredible feeling to have so many people ohhhhing and ahhhhing at your car :)post-2337-1144892064_thumb.jpg

This is the small car show on Sat.150 cars All makes and models. Took first in our class, 74 or newer. Spent the better part of an hour talking to 3 police officers about the car. They were all gaga over it. Then we had a surprise, guess who shows up? Jerry(BergShelby). I recognized him right away. It was great to meet someone else from this website. Took a couple if pictures, hopefully he can post them. It was great meeting you Jerry!

post-2623-1144908454_thumb.jpg

Sunday morning got up very early to go to an all Mustang show, Mustangs on the Waterfront. We were invited to show by Bob(Shelbygt350s) this is a man who knows Ford's and especially Shelby's. Really a class act. We rode across on the ferry with some others going to the show. Sherri asked to follow them to. They said that they take the backroads and drive real fast, and she said "going fast is not a problem", we could have blown all six off the road. LOL. This town was really into the show, the venue was incredible. It's a marina parking lot right next to the water. After you check in, they take your picture. The Kitsap Mustang Club really knows how to put on a show. There were 192 Mustangs there, it went on for blocks. Although it rained for about an 1 1/2, it cleared up to a beautiful day. Sherri's competition was 5 GT500's and 2 other black Shelby GT's that were not modded. Some of the comments I heard, man this must be some sort of rare Shelby. Another guy looked underneath the car and said it looks like it's built like a race car. It's kinda neat to step back and listen to the comments. I wish SAI's employees could be there to hear some of the comments people make about how well put together the car is. THIS CAR IS BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!! At the awards ceremony I didn't think we would win anything, but Sherri thought otherwise. She took first place in late model Shelby's!!!!!!!!! The placques had the picture of the car on them. The club also made a calender for everyone with their cars picture. But what I found most hilarious was looking at everyone face when I tell them that this is my wife's car and all she wanted was just a mustang. Now she has a whole lot more. After the show we drove back to the ferry and got in line to get a pass to prove you didn't cut in line. Washington State patrol hands them out about 3 miles from boat. We got one and drove to ferry terminal and got in line. So I get out to go to the bathroom and come back to find a State Patrol is talking to Sherri. I say great, you get pulled over and you're not even moving. He laughed and said he notice the car when he gave us our pass and as we pulled away he noticed it said Shelby on the back. So he chased us down. This man loved the car, a really cool guy. Here's the picture of Mustangs on the Watefront:

post-2623-1144908487_thumb.jpg

All in all we had a great first weekend with the car, it was a blast. MAN WE LOVE THIS CAR B)

Dave

Congratulations Dave and Sherri!!! What a great way to start your show season. Lord knows you earned it!!!

Best in class................nice!!!!!!

You have captured the essence of what "Shelby" means to all ages. And your enjoyment makes that wait well worth it now. That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing your story......what a motivator.

Congratulations Dave and Sherri!!! What a great way to start your show season. Lord knows you earned it!!!

Best in class................nice!!!!!!

You have captured the essence of what "Shelby" means to all ages. And your enjoyment makes that wait well worth it now. That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing your story......what a motivator.

that makes me go for chrome wheels!

that makes me go for chrome wheels!

Dave & Sherri,

congrats on bringing home the hardware. Very Cool. You have awesome car! I also am leaning towards the chrome razors...maybe next tax refund! :D

Dave A.

Great story Sherri (and Dave) LOL.

I'm really happy for both of you. You definitely have earned it.

So Dave, does this mean that you've already ordered your SGT? LOL

No Adam, I'd have to one up her and they haven't made that car yet. LOL It' gonna take super duper bling, bling. It's kind of funny how the GT500 guys looked at this car and they were quite impressed. They commented on how well the options looked. I like cars that are unique and that not everybody and their brother has. i love the KR and the SS, but I still haven't recovered emotionally from our first purchase.

Dave

Then we had a surprise, guess who shows up? Jerry(BergShelby). I recognized him right away. It was great to meet someone else from this website. Took a couple if pictures, hopefully he can post them. It was great meeting you Jerry!

Dave

It was fun to meet you both at the "Tour De Terrace"....I couldn't stay long but I just had to come by and see your new baby. Everybody should of seen Dave and Sherri....such proud new parents. :D I was not surprise you took 1st place on Sat but 1st place on Sunday too...awesome.

If you are reading this Amy, John, Bud and all the other SAI staff members that are working so hard in the desert to put these dream cars together....congratulation and thank you. Job well done.

Here are the pics I took.

2007 TourDeTerrace - Sherri's car

It was fun to meet you both at the "Tour De Terrace"....I couldn't stay long but I just had to come by and see your new baby. Everybody should of seen Dave and Sherri....such proud new parents. :D I was not surprise you took 1st place on Sat but 1st place on Sunday too...awesome.

If you are reading this Amy, John, Bud and all the other SAI staff members that are working so hard in the desert to put these dream cars together....congratulation and thank you. Job well done.

Here are the pics I took.

2007 TourDeTerrace - Sherri's car

Berg,

thanks for posting all those great pictures of Dave & Sherri's car. I love those chrome wheels!

Dave

Archived