TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Things just got worse

shelbydream1

PSDS hits an all time high today-did my once weekly VIN tracker check this morning and it FINALLY says completed and shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Really can't wait now! I'll keep you all posted on arrival! And I thought I had trouble sleeping before! :blink:

PSDS hits an all time high today-did my once weekly VIN tracker check this morning and it FINALLY says completed and shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Really can't wait now! I'll keep you all posted on arrival! And I thought I had trouble sleeping before! :blink:

No worries the fun has only started!

If you're like me you'll find yourself missing the "check the VIN Tracker" routine! Well just because the VIN tracker will no longer update doesn't mean the fun has to end!

Yes...it's time to move on to the CHECK THE GARAGE routine!

I personally think it's more fun as the entire family can join in on the hilarity! You can now check your garage 2-3 or more times a day to see if your car is there! Even more fun, if you have a family with small children, is sending the kids out to see if the car is there! The fun just keeps on going as they say "Not again dad!, or "Still not there" and who can resist the little buggers when they say "Dad are you ok?".

So go now! Run to the garage and take a look! You'll be glad you did!

:wacko:

My "worst" nights were the last few when I knew it was at the dealer and was just waiting for the call.....but not to worry, they were immediately followed by the "best" days......when you can just decide to go out for a ride at 10:30 pm .....when you know it'll be a few days till you drive her again.

And I still check the garage a few times a day.....now just to say, "wow, that's mine"

congrats on the car & it's imminent delivery.......ENJOY!......the dream is about to come true!!

Hey Shelbydream,

I just got the news that mine was shipped Friday. See my new topic post. Maybe our cars are sharing the same truck! Which state is yours headed to?

Dave

Hey Shelbydream,

I just got the news that mine was shipped Friday. See my new topic post. Maybe our cars are sharing the same truck! Which state is yours headed to?

Dave

Never mind I see you are from IL. I'll bet they are on the same truck!!

Hey Shelbydream,

Dave

Never mind I see you are from IL. I'll bet they are on the same truck!!

My dealership is actually in Southern WI, but they probably are on the same truck--that would be REALLY cool. You'll have to let me know when your's arrives (and if there's a black one headed to WI on the truck) and from one Hawkeye fan to another--congrats back your way :D

My dealership is actually in Southern WI, but they probably are on the same truck--that would be REALLY cool. You'll have to let me know when your's arrives (and if there's a black one headed to WI on the truck) and from one Hawkeye fan to another--congrats back your way :D

shelbydream1 Congrats to you. You truly will love this car. It would be cool if yours and Daves were on the same truck. Be patient. I don't want to hear about 2 idiots chasing down a semi full of cars down the interstate on the evening news. LMAO

Dave

Hey Shelbydream1,

There are a lot of transplanted Hawks all over the country. How did you become a Hawk fan? I am by birth. Born & raised in Iowa City, also attended UI. In answer to Dave C.'s post. I'll only be chasing that semi if it doesn't stop in Iowa first!! :lol:

Dave

Dream, it's just about getting close to bed time...

Are you counting Shelby GT's jumping over fences and floating in the air? :P

Maybe you need to listen to the SGT exhaust sound from one of the earlier posts... :P

Maybe since you're not on this forum tonight, you're already tailgating it at your dealership LOL :rolleyes:

Good luck and send pics.

Hey Shelbydream1,

There are a lot of transplanted Hawks all over the country. How did you become a Hawk fan? I am by birth. Born & raised in Iowa City, also attended UI. In answer to Dave C.'s post. I'll only be chasing that semi if it doesn't stop in Iowa first!! :lol:

Dave

I'm also a Hawkeye by birth-born in Pella, grew up just south of DSM. Went to U of I freshman year then finished at Drake.

If the semi passes you by, I could always set a roadblock on this side for ya! :D

Dream, it's just about getting close to bed time...

Are you counting Shelby GT's jumping over fences and floating in the air? :P

Maybe you need to listen to the SGT exhaust sound from one of the earlier posts... :P

Maybe since you're not on this forum tonight, you're already tailgating it at your dealership LOL :rolleyes:

Good luck and send pics.

I could always let Barry sing me to sleep with the shelby song!

Hey Dream,

I just got news that the truck will be at my dealer's tomorrow morning. Unfortunatley Im suppose to take off tomorrow morning to deliver my daughter back to school to South Carolina. Well we're still going but I told my wife the trip will have be delayed by a couple of hours. I'm scheduled to meet my dealer at 7:00 am. So it'll be take a few pictures and head off on my trip for 5 days. Man that's going to be a long 5 days!! :angry: Anyway, if you tell me which dealer and town in WI your car is being delivered to I can check to see if your car is on his truck and try to PM you the info later in the day.

Dave

Hey Dream,

I just got news that the truck will be at my dealer's tomorrow morning. Unfortunatley Im suppose to take off tomorrow morning to deliver my daughter back to school to South Carolina. Well we're still going but I told my wife the trip will have be delayed by a couple of hours. I'm scheduled to meet my dealer at 7:00 am. So it'll be take a few pictures and head off on my trip for 5 days. Man that's going to be a long 5 days!! :angry: Anyway, if you tell me which dealer and town in WI your car is being delivered to I can check to see if your car is on his truck and try to PM you the info later in the day.

Dave

Dream, I didn't know you were in WI. You sig saiy IL.

Check my latest Picasa pics. I think I may have a pic of your car in queue from July 19/20. I remember seeing a WI on one of the windshields.

Check my latest Picasa pics. I think I may have a pic of your car in queue from July 19/20. I remember seeing a WI on one of the windshields.

Adam,

I remember in an earlier post that Dream said he was from IL but bought the car from a dealer in WI.

Dave

Hey Dream,

Dave

Thanks-that would be great! It's Alphorn Ford Lincoln Merc in Monroe,WI (about an hour N & E of Dubuque), so my guess would be Fri AM, which works out great for me-I'm off Friday!!!

Dream, what's the latest?

Due in today???

No news yet-I'm hoping end of week :D What's the latest on yours, Adam?

I looked at your pics-I'm assuming that's the mod shop line, so I'm pretty sure that is mine sitting there if it is! Nice catch-thanks!

Larry :D

No news yet-I'm hoping end of week :D What's the latest on yours, Adam?

I looked at your pics-I'm assuming that's the mod shop line, so I'm pretty sure that is mine sitting there if it is! Nice catch-thanks!

Larry :D

I hope you get it in time for the weekend at least.

My car is in the Mod Shop right now. They started on the S/C today. I'm all excited! Hopefully Roger might be able to take a pic of it from the public section of the shop.

For your car, the MS on the windshield means Mod Shop so that just might be your car. Let us know when you get it if it still has all the writing on the windshield. Here is the direct link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...119355443806386

These are pretty high megapixel pictures so you might be able to zoom in on your car, crop it and still get a nice pic for your garage or scrap book.

Adam,

I remember in an earlier post that Dream said he was from IL but bought the car from a dealer in WI.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I didn't catch that. Looks like I might have caught his car after all from my post above. Pretty cool.

How's that Hagerty thing going?

Dream, Dave called me a little while ago while on the road to the Carolinas (I wish I had a G-Clef or music note smiley right about now). Anyway, he didn't get to see his car before leaving because the truck driver had to the fix the hydraulics overnight. They got to his dealer at 11:30 but Dave already left for 5 days.

Dave asked my to tell you that the driver will get to your dealer tomorrow around midnight (no, just kidding) around noon.

Dream, Dave called me a little while ago while on the road to the Carolinas (I wish I had a G-Clef or music note smiley right about now). Anyway, he didn't get to see his car before leaving because the truck driver had to the fix the hydraulics overnight. They got to his dealer at 11:30 but Dave already left for 5 days.

Dave asked my to tell you that the driver will get to your dealer tomorrow around midnight (no, just kidding) around noon.

:( Bummer! I hope his dealer took pictures for him!

[/quote

I had asked my dealer to call me to let me know when the truck was coming, so I could get up there and take some pix--he got no warning, but the truck got there at 5:45 pm today!!!! If his dealer took pix, I'll have to get some pictures from Dave of the truck I guess as it seems to have been the same one!(and mine didn't get pix) I worked until 7, but made it to the dealership for a quick visit before closing (it was REALLY hard leaving without the car!)-BTW I took some photos of it dirty with my cell phone and compared windshield markings to the car in your picture and amazingly that is my car in your picture!! So that's cool-my car's rubbed elbows with your's and Dave's. I have to go out of town for a family function this weekend, so dealership is having detailed (it looks fantastic dirty-I can hardly wait for clean) and putting my spoiler on, so the first of the week, she'll be coming home!!!!! I did fire her up though-WOW!!!! My excruciatingly long wait was worth every second when I heard that! I was so excited it was here and I was sitting in it, I didn't even remember to check the CSM number, but for some reason 3021 is sticking in my mind. I now know what everyone meant that it would all be worth it-thanks to all for helping me through the first 4 1/2 months-lots of beer will have to work for the next 4-5 days!!! Everyone have a great weekend

That's great news Dream. I guess that driver must have had some time to make up or something. Maybe he has to get back in time to pick up my car LOL.

I'm really psyched that I coincidentially snapped a pic of your car. I don't know why I remembered the WI on the windshield and then later thought to mention it. If for some reason, pulling that pic off the picasa site doesn't yield a good pic to blow up and crop, let me know and I'll email the one I took, hoping it is better.

Let us know how things go when you get back.

That's great news Dream. I guess that driver must have had some time to make up or something. Maybe he has to get back in time to pick up my car LOL.

I'm really psyched that I coincidentially snapped a pic of your car. I don't know why I remembered the WI on the windshield and then later thought to mention it. If for some reason, pulling that pic off the picasa site doesn't yield a good pic to blow up and crop, let me know and I'll email the one I took, hoping it is better.

Let us know how things go when you get back.

Adam, if you could e-mail the pic to me that would be great, not having much luck going off the picasa one.

Thanks-larry

Adam, if you could e-mail the pic to me that would be great, not having much luck going off the picasa one.

Thanks-larry

Just sent it. I realize now that I must have had to zoom the camera lens to take the pic because when I zoom with the software, it doesn;t get much better.

dream

What is the latest...did you get the car..we want to hear it all. Steve

I have visited it----TWICE! I don't have it yet, the dealership is installing a GT500 spoiler on it for me, I should have it by the weekend!!!!! :D

I'll post pics and details once she arrives home.

Archived