TEAM SHELBY FORUM

POST TASCA DAY EVENT

RogerS

You made an interesting comment and I have been wondering what happens if ...I hate to say it....it rains? Is the show rain or shine?

Webba, on the flyer it does say Rain or Shine! I did attend one year where it rained all day! They still had the show! :huh: I think it was because of John Force's schedule. Same with Mr. Shelby I would think.

I should be able to stop by for a hour or so myself. We have out of town company that day, so I will have to get back home.

Is there anything I could bring?

-Tim-

Tim,

Glad you will stop by! Bring your car!!!!! ;) I'm already having seperation anxiety! I will let you know. Thanks.

Roger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I'm going to bring my passenger side visor for an autograph, has anyone removed it before? ANy tips or issues before I break out the screwdriver?

Yes, make sure you use a left-handed screwdriver. I right-handed screwdriver won't work.

Extended weather forcast is for a 30% chance of Thunderstorms on Friday and 60% chance of Thunderstorms on Saturday with highs in the mid 80's :blink:

But we all know how that could change..........I hope <_<

Here is my contact number. I will be leaving it up on the board until Friday evening. For anyone traveling some distance, if their is anything I can help you with, other than bailing someone out, :lol: please call.

Roger

I'm coming to the show!

I will be there in my GT500....cleverly disguised as a 2005 F-150!!! :P

I will be there verry early ;)

Wow, this is going to be an awesome turnout!!! I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, too!!!

George, it will be good to see you again!

~Chris

I'm coming to the show!

I will be there in my GT500....cleverly disguised as a 2005 F-150!!! :P

I will be there verry early ;)

Wow, this is going to be an awesome turnout!!! I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, too!!!

George, it will be good to see you again!

~Chris

Chris----HOW early is too early?????

Judy

Chris----HOW early is too early?????

Judy

Well, I will be there at before7:00 a.m. so I leave my house by 5:30 at the latest. Got stuff to do, you know! :P

Look for me buzzing around the Stangs Unleashed Tent and the Shelby tent, of course. They will be right next to each other! ;)

Look forward to meeting you!

~Chris

Well, I will be there at before7:00 a.m. so I leave my house by 5:30 at the latest. Got stuff to do, you know! :P

Look for me buzzing around the Stangs Unleashed Tent and the Shelby tent, of course. They will be right next to each other! ;)

Look forward to meeting you!

~Chris

Chris, I'll likely be there at that time too. I am an hour away. I will be finishing detailing my car - preparing it for the show. I'll look for you.

I just joined your club the other day and asked Robert L. to forward the email to you about the show letting you know my car was the "Tasca Shelby." I'll see you bright and early Saturday morning.

Adam

Hey for those dricing a distance to get there how are you cleaning your vehicle once you get there? detailing spray or washing? And if washing where are you going to do that?

I don't know if Tasca will have a wash bay avalible. I'll call Adam today or Tasca today. If not call me to make arrangements and you can do clean up at my home. It would be just a short ride to Tasca. I will be up bright and early anyway.

I don't know if Tasca will have a wash bay avalible. I'll call Adam today or Tasca today. If not call me to make arrangements and you can do clean up at my home. It would be just a short ride to Tasca. I will be up bright and early anyway.

Wow, what an offer, I wouldnt mind taking you up on that. I plan on washing before making the trip, but if it gets too dirty for spray detailer, I wouldnt mind giving it a quick wash. Plus if I do stop by, I'll lend you a hand with setting everything up.

Ill be washing and poilshing a few coats this week myself but just in case. I have about 3 hours drive and Im figuring on bugs and road dirt. I wont be driving the car all week so I can get her ready. Weather now says Partly cloudy with high's in the 80's. Precip only 20%! Lets hope they are right for once!

OK here is the deal................

TASCA HAS NO CLEAN UP FACILITIES FOR USE BY PARTICIPANTS. Just confirmed with Tasca today.

I will make my home the clean up center also for you early birds. I will be leaving for the show also in the morning........without #5322 :( but you need to get there early because it will fill up fast! I will have the coffee.................I should have.................I work for Dunkin Donuts...... :D So just give me a heads up on Friday as to what time your planning to arrive. I am an early riser and don't mind making some water avalible. Pack you chamois or absorber and your favorite wash soap in the trunk.

Thanks for the offer GTHERO I just may take you up on that. I know I will be running around all day Friday and Saturday morning so another set of eyes and a younger memory will help. :lol:

My cell is listed in a prior post on this thread.

Roger

WOW!!!! That's great. Looks like we are approaching 30 or so and I recalculated that we could fit about 30 Shelby's on the property. Plus one empty garage space :(

UPDATE:

So far 15 Shelby's attending...........Still room for more: Head count up to 31 +/-

MWS

GT500s

MattChicago

Rossgt

Aodwyer

Webba

Cobrawertz

Shelby0264

Gthero ?

Jbahoffman

Shlbygrl

GT500flyboy

Fastfordnut

Sadsack

Who did I miss?

Hey Roger!! You can add Louie and George to the list if would please.

One Black and One White to go!!

New York

Taking Ferry over from Port Jefferson NY,LI

New York

No problem. Know Port Jeff well. Are you taking to Bridgeport or New London?

Extended forcast now chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday and Cloudy and 87 on Saturday....Looking up! :D

New York

Weather permitting I will be taking the Orient Point Ferry to New London Ct. My 07 SGT is finally in the Mod Shop getting the polished Whipple as well as a bunch of other cool mods. Unfortunately it will not make the Tasca show. I will be driving my 68 GT500 as well as a couple of friends driving their 68 GT500s and a few more very nice classic Mustangs. There will be a couple of late models rounding out our group. If the weather is not so nice some guys will stay home or trailer. Let's hope the weather is nice. If anybody is driving up from Long Island and would like to travel with the guys from the Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island; then send me a PM. Rick

Chris, I'll likely be there at that time too. I am an hour away. I will be finishing detailing my car - preparing it for the show. I'll look for you.

I just joined your club the other day and asked Robert L. to forward the email to you about the show letting you know my car was the "Tasca Shelby." I'll see you bright and early Saturday morning.

Adam

Yes, I got it, Adam. I am very excited to see your car. Sounds sick!!!

Regarding the BBQ...thanks for the very generous offer guys! Only problem is...I do not know if I can commit, so I did not say "yeah, I will be there". I would commit without beng there...and I know for the majority of the day I will be very busy. Don't know about after he show...lots going on!

But either way...please...absolutely look for me. George knows what I look like, and I would really like to meet you all! :)

PS- When I had my '69 '500 I used to wash the day of, California car duster the car at the show, and spray detail after that. It worked pretty good! Can't wait to see all your rides!!!

By the looks of the anticiapated turnout any time after 8 AM and it will be difficult to get a spot.

Wow it is going to be a very early morning for me, I was hoping to leave my house at about 530, its around a 3 hour drive in a normal car, I should probably leave earlier....

Archived