TEAM SHELBY FORUM

POST TASCA DAY EVENT

RogerS

To all the forum members and friends planning to attend the Tasca Day Event on August 25, 2007:

There had been mention of a prior evening get together in Providence. After throwing it around a while, Adam and I have teamed up to offer a BBQ right after the Tasca Day event at my home just minutes from Tasca. Most members may be traveling the evening prior or early the morning of the event (don't forget to get there early). After a long day we thought what better way to get to know one another than have a relaxing late afternoon BBQ and just talk Shelby (Adam said we can just talk about his Shelby LOL)!

I will be co-hosting the event at my home which is about a 10 min. drive (in a normal vehicle). And I think there will be enough off street protected parking. I have calculated my driveway will hold up to 21 Shelby's. Then we have the front and side lawn, maybe 30 total. But that's not all; food, music and refreshing beverages and relaxation prior to your journey home, to your hotels or other late night activities.

If you are interested in attending just reply to the thread so Adam and I can get a rough headcount. Adam will update a running tally on the first post to the thread. We will keep you updated weekly and provide more specifics.

Imagine the picture of 30 Shelby's in one driveway!! Should be a good time.

Naturally, I don't need to mention to please be respectful of my lawn and neighbors.

More to follow...

Roger Sorel

Adam O'Dwyer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all the forum members and friends planning to attend the Tasca Day Event on August 25, 2007:

There had been mention of a prior evening get together in Providence. After throwing it around a while, Adam and I have teamed up to offer a BBQ right after the Tasca Day event at my home just minutes from Tasca. Most members may be traveling the evening prior or early the morning of the event (don't forget to get there early). After a long day we thought what better way to get to know one another than have a relaxing late afternoon BBQ and just talk Shelby (Adam said we can just talk about his Shelby LOL)!

I will be co-hosting the event at my home which is about a 10 min. drive (in a normal vehicle). And I think there will be enough off street protected parking. I have calculated my driveway will hold up to 21 Shelby's. Then we have the front and side lawn, maybe 30 total. But that's not all; food, music and refreshing beverages and relaxation prior to your journey home, to your hotels or other late night activities.

If you are interested in attending just reply to the thread so Adam and I can get a rough headcount. Adam will update a running tally on the first post to the thread. We will keep you updated weekly and provide more specifics.

Imagine the picture of 30 Shelby's in one drive way!! Should be a good time.

Naturally, I don't need to mention to please be respectful of my lawn and neighbors.

More to follow...

Roger Sorel

Adam O'Dwyer

Let me get this right.....neither your or Adam have your cars yet right???? I think it's a plot to get THIRTY shelby's in your driveway so you and Adam can claim ownership of your choice from 30 !!!!!! :D :P

All kidding aside..what a nice thing you two are doing !!! I sure wish we could make it up, but we will have company that week and we leave on vacation the following week. Sure would like to come though :(

Have a great time and make sure you take lots of pictures of all those cars together !!!

Sue

Let me get this right.....neither your or Adam have your cars yet right???? I think it's a plot to get THIRTY shelby's in your driveway so you and Adam can claim ownership of your choice from 30 !!!!!! :D :P

All kidding aside..what a nice thing you two are doing !!! I sure wish we could make it up, but we will have company that week and we leave on vacation the following week. Sure would like to come though :(

Have a great time and make sure you take lots of pictures of all those cars together !!!

Sue

Sue :lol::lol::lol:

Just a master plan to get all of the Shelby's possible!!!!

Hope we have a good turn out and the weather cooperates and yes.........we wish you could have made it! We will take lot's of pic's.

Sue

sdear, cancel all vacation plans and bring you friends up here. LOL

And, I will be taking delivery of my car that day so I'll finally have one. woohoo!

sdear, cancel all vacation plans and bring you friends up here. LOL

And, I will be taking delivery of my car that day so I'll finally have one. woohoo!

Haha...well I wish we could. But we are going on a cruise...and I just dont want to miss that ;)

Have a wonderful time..and what a great time to be getting your car !!

Roger I will be coming to tasca Day and staying the night before. I am unsure yet about the after party. I have to figure out how long the ride to tasca from maine is and all that. I will have my 2 sons with me so there will be 3 of us if we can come. I will know by end of this week. Lets hope you and Adam get cars by then. That would be awesome! :)

Roger I will be coming to tasca Day and staying the night before. I am unsure yet about the after party. I have to figure out how long the ride to tasca from maine is and all that. I will have my 2 sons with me so there will be 3 of us if we can come. I will know by end of this week. Lets hope you and Adam get cars by then. That would be awesome! :)

Webba,

I hope your schedule will allow you to make it. It will be nice meeting you. As far as the cars.....Adam WILL have his. Mine...........I'll let you know on Saturday. My trip to SAI is Wed-Fri. Red eye back to RI.

Wow! Dumb a*s me thought all this time that the show was on a Sunday and I just looked at the calendar and now realize it is a Saturday!!!!! I will definitely be attending the BBQ afterwards. I still havent made reservations yet but MWS sent me a PM with hotel info this morning so Im going to have my wife take care of it today. Im thinking we will stay 2 nights now. This is going to be good times :)

Wow! Dumb a*s me thought all this time that the show was on a Sunday and I just looked at the calendar and now realize it is a Saturday!!!!! I will definitely be attending the BBQ afterwards. I still havent made reservations yet but MWS sent me a PM with hotel info this morning so Im going to have my wife take care of it today. Im thinking we will stay 2 nights now. This is going to be good times :)

Yes it will be good times! By the way, the list I sent to MWS are pretty close to Tasca and at the most 15 min. drive time. Most of the locations are fairly new also.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

OK Gang........getting closer 17 days and counting. If you plan on attending just post up here so we can begin to calulate FOOD CONSUMPTION! :D Adam, please add the confirmed that you know.

I do know the following

rossgt 4

aodwyer 5

mws 2

webba 3

mattchicago

GT500s

cobrawertz

We will post details Wednesday evening everyone. If you plan on attending and have not contacted Adam or me, send us a pm or e-mail confirmation for the after Tasca BBQ cook out. Thanks..............It's getting closer........... and my wife is getting a little nervous! ;)

OK Gang........getting closer 17 days and counting. If you plan on attending just post up here so we can begin to calulate FOOD CONSUMPTION! :D Adam, please add the confirmed that you know.

I do know the following

rossgt 4

aodwyer 5

mws 2

webba 3

mattchicago

GT500s

cobrawertz

MY WIFE AND I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a question, when is tasca day expected to end, late afternoon, night?? Just trying to get an idea of how to make my travel plans, and if I can squeeze in a stop by

It is scheduled to be over by 4PM. Most cars begin leaving around 3-3:30 last year it was clearing out at 2:30 but Mr. Shelby was not there.

I am planning on leaving about 3 to head to back to the house to get things going.

We will post details Wednesday evening everyone. If you plan on attending and have not contacted Adam or me, send us a pm or e-mail confirmation for the after Tasca BBQ cook out. Thanks..............It's getting closer........... and my wife is getting a little nervous! ;)

Thank you for your hospitality!!!!!

My husband,myself,and 2 sons are bringing our Shelby Gt500.

Can't wait!!!!!

judy

Thank you for your hospitality!!!!!

My husband,myself,and 2 sons are bringing our Shelby Gt500.

Can't wait!!!!!

judy

Excellent!!! Just kicking back and talking Shelby's!! Will be great to meet everyone. Boy is my wife going to be suprised!! :o No J/K but we really don't know what to expect as far as turnout.

WOW!!!! That's great. Looks like we are approaching 30 or so and I recalculated that we could fit about 30 Shelby's on the property. Plus one empty garage space :(

UPDATE:

So far 15 Shelby's attending...........Still room for more: Head count up to 31 +/-

MWS

GT500s

MattChicago

Rossgt

Aodwyer

Webba

Cobrawertz

Shelby0264

Gthero ?

Jbahoffman

Shlbygrl

GT500flyboy

Fastfordnut

Sadsack

Who did I miss?

Details and update:

I have attached a link from MapQuest from Tasca Ford to my home. You will see it is less than 7 miles away. I would recommend that you do not take exit 10B and take exit 10 A RT 117 E follow to the second stop light and turn right onto Diamond Hill Road. Follow to the end of the road then take a left onto Centerville Rd. and pick up the directions from there. It is a much smoother and better maintained road.

The event at Tasca begins at 10AM but as stated, you better get there early because it does fill up fast! And remember to bring two can goods for admission. The event ends at 4PM but people begin leaving at 3PM. By 4PM there are not many people left. But Mr. Shelby has not attended any of the prior 9 events held.

The cook out will be from 4 PM to whenever the last guests leave. I will be leaving Tasca around 2:30 PM to help my already frantic wife! :o We will be providing the food and non-alcaholic beverages. I am sure you will be packing chairs, if not please bring some. That should be the only issue we may have. Let's hope we have a beautiful New England Weather day. Oh, and please keep you eye on this thread for any updates and for confirmation of attendance.

Archived