TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP ANY WORD AND DRIVING LIGHTS

dmagner1

For me the Asp has always been part of the brand, as someone pointed out the original GT-350 had it so I don't have issue with it. The original gas cap was SO much nicer then the lame faux cap on the back of the new cars, I'd like to see a modern version of the old cap cloisine (spelling?) multicolor instead of the flat black plain caps that are available. Just my opinion. I do understand the idea of whats correct for the car and I think Ford muddied the water a bit when they made a Cobra mustang. :)

If the intention of Shelby was to reserve the Cobra for only certain applications, then why would Shelby Razors had this same emblem on their center wheel cap? Is it assumed that only Cobras and GT 500s owners will buy these cars?

No. It's because it's recognized an associated with Shelby.

SAI has gone to great lengths to ensure only SGT owners can get the "POWER by FORD" badges and the hood scoop. They nor Ford has taken such actions when it comes to the "sacred" Cobra. My point being, if you want to put a cobra on your car, do it and screw what anybody else thinks. :)

OBTW, there are already rules on who can and cannot use the Cobra emblem.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...221&postcount=7

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...92&postcount=18

Read it, live it :)

Lets get another opinion,

John , Bud , Amy, or anyone from SAI,

Do you feel that the Shelby Gt can be considered a "Cobra" in any way shape or form?

If someone from SAI answers that question with a "Yes" i will gladly jump on the bandwagon because i love that cap.

Again, Do what you want and enjoy your Shelby anyway you want. I am only giving my opinion on the subject. I do not want to make people upset or anything. This is just how i feel about it and nothing more.

I can't get those links on the rules of the Cobra logo :) because im at work, shhhhh, and its blocking me. :(

My point is this. It's your car. You paid for it. You can put whatever you want on it and screw what anyone else thinks. The decision of SAI not to put Cobras on the SGT is unrelated to an owner putting cobra emblems on the SGT. That's like saying you shouldn't change the wheels, or the hood because it didn't come from the factory that way.

Shelby performance parts doesn't prevent non cobra owners from buying items with the cobra emblem (engine caps, gas caps, arm rests, head rests etc). Here's a link to them selling cobra emblems. No requirement to prove you have a cobra/GT 500 prior to purchase http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...%20Emblems.aspx One would think that if Shelby was against the idea then the wouldn't be willing to sell them to anyone.

But quite frankly, I don't care what anyone at SAI or anyplace else thinks about what I should put on my car.

The only downside to putting cobras on your car is if you care what others think. If you don't care or worry about such things then go for it.

If I'm coming across strong on this, it's because I'm tired reading posts on the internet where people try to impose their rules of what should or shouldn't be on a mustang. Don't get me wrong; I have strong opinions on the subject and think some folks have done some pretty fugly things to their cars, but who am I to tell them that I think what they have done is inappropriate.

It's a cobra emblem, not the congressional medal of honor. Hell I might just put one on my car out of spite :)

My point is this. It's your car. You paid for it. You can put whatever you want on it and screw what anyone else thinks. The decision of SAI not to put Cobras on the SGT is unrelated to an owner putting cobra emblems on the SGT. That's like saying you shouldn't change the wheels, or the hood because it didn't come from the factory that way.

Shelby performance parts doesn't prevent non cobra owners from buying items with the cobra emblem (engine caps, gas caps, arm rests, head rests etc). Here's a link to them selling cobra emblems. No requirement to prove you have a cobra/GT 500 prior to purchase http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...%20Emblems.aspx One would think that if Shelby was against the idea then the wouldn't be willing to sell them to anyone.

But quite frankly, I don't care what anyone at SAI or anyplace else thinks about what I should put on my car.

The only downside to putting cobras on your car is if you care what others think. If you don't care or worry about such things then go for it.

If I'm coming across strong on this, it's because I'm tired reading posts on the internet where people try to impose their rules of what should or shouldn't be on a mustang. Don't get me wrong; I have strong opinions on the subject and think some folks have done some pretty fugly things to their cars, but who am I to tell them that I think what they have done is inappropriate.

It's a cobra emblem, not the congressional medal of honor. Hell I might just put one on my car out of spite :)

Well actually it's a Cobra emblem that implies a higher performance level of mustang. but then again, thats my opinion. Like i said before, i could care less. Paint a different color, who cares, Don't think of my opinion as an attack because it is not. Simply, It's my opinion, so there is no need to get excited. :)

Like i said up the page here:

"Don't get me wrong, I like the cap and if anybody wants the cap on thier car, I'm all for it......."

4 hours to go!!! :)

Bottom line is Shelby (SAI) does not give a hoot about our SGT's, it is just a monetary issue with them as it is with every company. And every company wants the best for their customers BUT the bottom line is the only thing that counts and they are NOT making any money on the "gas cap" so they don't care about it. So they will NOT chime in here because they don;t really care what goes on your car they just want to sell you one! So Cobra or Shelby GT they could care less, just buy the car, that is ALL they care about and what you do after the car is delivered to you-anything goes.

My 2 cents......

Well actually it's a Cobra emblem that implies a higher performance level of mustang. but then again, thats my opinion. Like i said before, i could care less. Paint a different color, who cares, Don't think of my opinion as an attack because it is not. Simply, It's my opinion, so there is no need to get excited. :)

Like i said up the page here:

"Don't get me wrong, I like the cap and if anybody wants the cap on thier car, I'm all for it......."

4 hours to go!!! :)

Ed, you're just trying to keep your post count higher than mine :D

If yOu look at the old gt 350 . there is nowhere it says cobra on there but there is a cobra on the trunk... shelby has always been known for the cobra ..thats why foprd wanted carroll shelby back on the gt 500 ..but i dont care, i know i didnt spend 42k for a "MUSTANG" WITH THE SAME GT CAP ON BACK

Uhh...yes, you did! :lol:

Also, I think, and I repeat I think, that Ford now owns rights to the Cobra emblem...and this is why the GT500 has it, because it is produced strictly by Ford / SVT and Shelby doesn't actually touch it. So, if you add a Cobra emblem now to a car that did not already have one, you are mixing and matching...and becoming, dare I say, a poser....

Bottom line is Shelby (SAI) does not give a hoot about our SGT's, it is just a monetary issue with them as it is with every company. And every company wants the best for their customers BUT the bottom line is the only thing that counts and they are NOT making any money on the "gas cap" so they don't care about it. So they will NOT chime in here because they don;t really care what goes on your car they just want to sell you one! So Cobra or Shelby GT they could care less, just buy the car, that is ALL they care about and what you do after the car is delivered to you-anything goes.

My 2 cents......

I would like to not agree with this.... :unsure:

Lets get another opinion,

John , Bud , Amy, or anyone from SAI,

Do you feel that the Shelby Gt can be considered a "Cobra" in any way shape or form?

If someone from SAI answers that question with a "Yes" i will gladly jump on the bandwagon because i love that cap.

Again, Do what you want and enjoy your Shelby anyway you want. I am only giving my opinion on the subject. I do not want to make people upset or anything. This is just how i feel about it and nothing more.

I can't get those links on the rules of the Cobra logo :) because im at work, shhhhh, and its blocking me. :(

Better than a bowtie though, right Ed!!! ;)

My last Mustang had a big decal in the back window tha said "only little boys wear bowties" maybe you should get one for your car with your line of work!! :lol::lol:

Better than a bowtie though, right Ed!!! ;)

My last Mustang had a big decal in the back window tha said "only little boys wear bowties" maybe you should get one for your car with your line of work!! :lol::lol:

LOL :lol:

You are not kiddin there man! No stickers on my Shelby thats for sure.............. :lol:

When i got my Shelby, my boss looked at me and shook his head and i just laughed and told him that we (Chevrolet) did not have anything that looked like a mustang, espeacial a Shelby! He agreed!

When i took my Galaxie to the drags, i hauled it with an Silverado Crew and everybody would start razin me about Chevy truck, Ford race car?. :blink:

My last Mustang had a big decal in the back window tha said "only little boys wear bowties"

Strange. I've heard of those stickers on Mustangs before but I have never seen one when I was racing them in my Camaro's.

Oh wait. You said you put it on the BACK of your Mustang.

Next time mount it on the front of your Mustang so it can be seen in the rear view mirror!

:lol::lol:

Strange. I've heard of those stickers on Mustangs before but I have never seen one when I was racing them in my Camaro's.

Oh wait. You said you put it on the BACK of your Mustang.

Next time mount it on the front of your Mustang so it can be seen in the rear view mirror!

:lol::lol:

In my hometown the mustangs were the kings. There were 3 that you absolutely did not mess with no matter what you were running. 1. I have a buddy who had a 92 LX with "ZR WHAT" for license plates when the ZR1 vettes came out and he could back it up and then some-he ran a massaged 351 from a wrecked patrol car. 2. I had another buddy with a '66 coupe-ugly paint job (poppy red with white stripe around the inset on doors/fenders-inset was blue with white stripes) he bought it that way and left it for some reason. His dad was friends of the mechanic for Steve Kinser of sprint car racing fame-the mechanic built a 302 for that car that was HOT. 3. There was a '69 Mach I-ugliest color of turqouise blue you've ever seen with a flat black hood that had a turqouise & white airbrushed cobra on it-he ran a BUILT 428 that would crush anything around in a straight line.

I had a '92 GT that the buddy with the LX tuned for me(cam, intake,heads, headers)-most every camaro I came across needed it in the back to see it (except a 69 SS that was hotter than it sounded which was way more than I could handle-when i let out, I couldn't see his taillights anymore!!!! He wasn't from around our area or I'd have known better)

My 2 cents......

This is so not true...and that is my 2 cents.

Archived