TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAS CAP ANY WORD AND DRIVING LIGHTS

dmagner1

Is there any word on the gas cap ,if so when and how can we order ,i dont want to be a pest but i would like a yes or no answer or when and one last thing ..the driving lights when can we order them any word would be appeciated

I do not think you are being a pest what so ever, this was to be released a month or so ago! I too really want the lower driving lights, brake ducts & the gas cap as well. B)

Ditto on the lights. My lower grill looks awesome on my conference room table. I bet it looks really awesome when it gets on the car with the lights someday ;)

I just left John a voicemail asking him to call me and let me know what the deal with the lights is. I tried SPP first and talked with Steve. He knew what they were but had no idea when they would be out and suggested I call John. I hated to as I know John is busy with more important stuff and it probably isnt his responsibility but I have to know when. Ill let you guys know what I find out.

• 1 month later...

What is this "GAS CAP" you all keep talking about. Is shelby doing something special?

....several months ago some of the owners asked for a replacement for the faux gas cap. We were told there was one coming. At one point it was weeks away and then it went off the radar. A lot of us want to see a special cap because the Shelby GT is the ONLY special edition Mustang that doesn't have one. But at this point I almost don't care anymore.

Is there any word on the gas cap ,if so when and how can we order ,i dont want to be a pest but i would like a yes or no answer or when and one last thing ..the driving lights when can we order them any word would be appeciated

Why are u trying to get a gas cap,, they can't even get the hood fixed ??

....several months ago some of the owners asked for a replacement for the faux gas cap. We were told there was one coming. At one point it was weeks away and then it went off the radar. A lot of us want to see a special cap because the Shelby GT is the ONLY special edition Mustang that doesn't have one. But at this point I almost don't care anymore.

Thanks I did a search and found the thread everyone is talking about. I agree, I would like our own individual Faux gas cap......

+1 I would have done it had it been available when I bought the car (I had three of four boxes of stuff before I had the car itself...), but I'm over it now.

+1 I would have done it had it been available when I bought the car (I had three of four boxes of stuff before I had the car itself...), but I'm over it now.

+1. After all the fast furious and supposed progress on the "new faux" gas cap only to find one is NOT coming, I could really care less about it now, as Shelby does not care either. Also, I think their gas cap was going to look like the Shelby GT wheel center caps and that went over like a lead balloon. So they just bagged the process for now as they knew no one would buy them. I mean they had a shop guy design it and should have been designed by a car designer. B)

The Cobra cap looks cool, but, I don't have a Cobra............................. :(

Ed - you and I are definitely on the same wavelength! As I've said before, the rear of my car says Shelby GT...which is what we have!

Ed - you and I are definitely on the same wavelength! As I've said before, the rear of my car says Shelby GT...which is what we have!

If yOu look at the old gt 350 . there is nowhere it says cobra on there but there is a cobra on the trunk... shelby has always been known for the cobra ..thats why foprd wanted carroll shelby back on the gt 500 ..but i dont care, i know i didnt spend 42k for a "MUSTANG" WITH THE SAME GT CAP ON BACK

If yOu look at the old gt 350 . there is nowhere it says cobra on there but there is a cobra on the trunk... shelby has always been known for the cobra ..thats why foprd wanted carroll shelby back on the gt 500 ..but i dont care, i know i didnt spend 42k for a "MUSTANG" WITH THE SAME GT CAP ON BACK

Yes, but it's the old Shelby Automobiles logo not this thing. I would be fine with the old GT350 like cap and looked but all the ones I could find said "GT350". I have ALWAYS hated the "GT" , the font, the entire thing. but I may be going back to the standard Pony Tri-bar...like the Hertz car.

Yes, but it's the old Shelby Automobiles logo not this thing. I would be fine with the old GT350 like cap and looked but all the ones I could find said "GT350". I have ALWAYS hated the "GT" , the font, the entire thing. but I may be going back to the standard Pony Tri-bar...like the Hertz car.

Don't get me wrong, I like the cap and if anybody wants the cap on thier car, I'm all for it.......

But my perspective is:

If the Shelby Gt was a Cobra, they would have put the emplems on it before it left SAI. If it were a GT350, Again SAI would have made it so. The Cobra emplems and Cap and ect.... Look awsome on a car but, the right car. My personal feeling and mine only, No offence to anyone and none is intended in anyway, your car, your way, but if i were to put that bitchen looking cap on my Shelby Gt, i would feel like i was saying "I'm trying to make the car something it is not."

Here's a thought i had though,

Maybe if when you got the S/C, you car was bumped up to "Cobra" status? :unsure:

My point being, "Cobra" say's Snake bite! Power! More power then you! Whip your axx! Don't bother cause im going to chew you up and spit you out my tail pipe kinda ring to it.

Then when you go to Show's and cruises ect.. It will add to the confusion and then you will have to defend your cap and people will want to know why you addded it and not SAI? Like you yourself decided to make it a Cobra.

I'm sorry for ramblin, The cap looks great on the car and enjoy your car as you want to and don't worry about opinions like mine because thats all they are, just opinions......... :)

Have a Great Day All!

1 more day and its the weekend!!!!!! :D

Here's a thought i had though,

Maybe if when you got the S/C, you car was bumped up to "Cobra" status? :unsure:

My point being, "Cobra" say's Snake bite! Power! More power then you! Whip your axx! Don't bother cause im going to chew you up and spit you out my tail pipe kinda ring to it.

That's a great idea! I don't think it could happen because Ford owns the Cobra brand not SAI. But what a great idea. If you get that "package" we've all talked about your car becomes a Shelby GT Cobra. Of course my brand and marketing mind goes nuts over all this and hates it, but the car side of me can see the justification.

Oh well...like you said people are free to do as they wish I just don't want to look like I am making the car something it's not.

If the intention of Shelby was to reserve the Cobra for only certain applications, then why would Shelby Razors had this same emblem on their center wheel cap? Is it assumed that only Cobras and GT 500s owners will buy these cars?

No. It's because it's recognized an associated with Shelby.

SAI has gone to great lengths to ensure only SGT owners can get the "POWER by FORD" badges and the hood scoop. They nor Ford has taken such actions when it comes to the "sacred" Cobra. My point being, if you want to put a cobra on your car, do it and screw what anybody else thinks. :)

OBTW, there are already rules on who can and cannot use the Cobra emblem.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...221&postcount=7

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...92&postcount=18

Read it, live it :)

Archived