TEAM SHELBY FORUM

horse is getting away

dmagner1

Does any one else have a loose horse on the grill and how is it held on

and any word on the gas cap

I have had my pony loose on my grill since day one. It slides back and forth. If you look real closely it is clipped on the grill so it cannot fall off. They tack weld it to keep it from sliding but obviously it is not the best connection as we are experiencing. As long as it does not fall off then it can slide across the entire grill if it wants. I guess that is why they call it the running pony!!

I have had my pony loose on my grill since day one. It slides back and forth. If you look real closely it is clipped on the grill so it cannot fall off. They tack weld it to keep it from sliding but obviously it is not the best connection as we are experiencing. As long as it does not fall off then it can slide across the entire grill if it wants. I guess that is why they call it the running pony!!

My car is 545....and we had to have the grill replaced back in May due to a scratch on it. (from the dealer). The new grill that came had a much stronger bracket on the back of the grill...then did the original one. My pony is at a standstill !!! :o

My car is 545....and we had to have the grill replaced back in May due to a scratch on it. (from the dealer). The new grill that came had a much stronger bracket on the back of the grill...then did the original one. My pony is at a standstill !!! :o

so sue your horse has been corralled(sp)

someone had to do it :unsure:

michael morris

The first grille that came with #545,the pony was tacked on with what appeared to be JB weld. Can't recall if the newer grille,and the pony,are held on with a chopped L bracket,or if that's the grille brackets. The current grille on the car,is the 3rd grille. The first grille had a defect in the slats,and as Sdear mentioned,the second grille,the Ford dealer scratched. Too tired to go look at the Pony,presently.

Archived