TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Addition: Wood Steering Wheel

66DNA

In efforts to create a look as similar to the '66 GT 350 as possible...I sprang for a custom made wooden steering wheel.

Thought I'd post pics

-Todd

CSM 07SGT0129

Portland, OR & Maple Ridge, BC

Please let me know what you all think...and don't worry about hurting any feelings!

Ford Dealer installed; 45 minutes labor

link: http://www.stwheel.com/s/index.php?main_pa...&products_id=61

woodwheel2a.jpg?t=1185325355

WoodWheel2.jpg?t=1185325397

Shelby026.jpg

In efforts to create a look as similar to the '66 GT 350 as possible...I sprang for a custom made wooden steering wheel.

Thought I'd post pics

-Todd

CSM 07SGT0129

Please let me know what you all think...and don't worry about hurting any feelings!

Well here's what I think.

I think there's no pics!.... :D

how do you guys add such large images directly into your background of your text area?

HELP

I want to post photos of my steering wheel!

Thanks

how do you guys add such large images directly into your background of your text area?

HELP

Thanks

When you post, click the little tree at the top. Copy and paste the pic url (http://yourpicaddresshere.jpg) into the box when it comes up and your pic will be hosted from whatever site you have it uploaded to but show on the this forum.

HELP

Thanks

You can post in the Gallery link at the top of the page. You can also post the image in the text area by clicking the image icon at the top of the post toolbar and entering the URL for the image, or one other option is to attach the image under the post options.

B)

I have added a link to Alliance Technologies (steering wheel company) on my opening Post Page for everyone.

Thanks

-Todd

Beautiful! Is it hard to hold on too?

I drive so slow....(gotta make sure everyone has a chance to oogle) so hangin on is fairly easy! ;)

Thought I'd post pics

-Todd

CSM 07SGT0129

Ford Dealer installed; 45 minutes labor

link: http://www.stwheel.com/s/index.php?main_pa...&products_id=61

woodwheel2a.jpg?t=1185325355

WoodWheel2.jpg?t=1185325397

Hurt your feelings??? That is beautiful! Is it slick? The pictures make the finish look like it could be slippery.

IMHO, it looks incredible!

Larry B)

could be the only thing I'd add to socal's car!

Hurt your feelings??? That is beautiful! Is it slick? The pictures make the finish look like it could be slippery.

IMHO, it looks incredible!

Larry B)

Its not slippery at all.

It is a "core exchange" program (although I elected to keep my stock leather-wrapped wheel for obvious reasons) whereby they'll give you back $200. for sending in your existing wheel.

I'm not overly thrilled with the quality of the wheel they sent me however. Mine, being a brand new car, had absolutely no nicks or scratches. The one they sent is not "perfect" upon close examination.

I think that I will send them a letter to express my feelings. But overall, it is pretty cool!

My mission has been - and will be - to emmulate the 1966 GT 350.

Can't wait for my vanity plate - which will read: 66DNA

Will upload photos the day it arrives!

Then, once I officially import my car into British Columbia, I'll apply for "BC" plates of the same message. (I married a Canadian last year and she's sponsoring me to become a permanent resident of Canada - which will take several months)

This would be a great item to add to SAI Parts! Maybe with a special CS logo cap for the airbag.

Bud?

perhaps a "Tiffany Snake" center cap.......Bud?

:ph34r:

This would be a great item to add to SAI Parts! Maybe with a special CS logo cap for the airbag.

Bud?

Looks awesome. When you get into town give me a ring, I'll meet you with my car too. Love the new steering wheel. B)

Hey Swede!

I'm off to Portland this Thursday...taking the family (so its the SUV versus the SGT!) then off to San Francisco for a few days. I'll most likely be in Portland the week of August 13-18 however. If you are going to be in town...I'll drive her down and we can meet up for coffee or something.

-Todd

AWOL gas cap? Show me where!

In all truth, the one remaining thing I want to do (which should not cost more than the can of paint itself) is to remove my new front upper grille assembly and rattle-can those two silver posts (that you can see way too much) a matte black.

In my post I added a picture of my car below the new steering wheel photos. You'll be able to see what I am speaking of if you look closely (right behind) at my front CS8 grille. Those two silver posts really bug me! I think by painting them black would do the trick?

Any ideas for me anyone?

Thanks!

...and thanks for all of the nice compliments on the new steering wheel. This all is quite fun! I've been definately "bitten."

Todd the steering wheel is PERFECT. I love the rivets, so GT350! I know my next addition to the Shelby. It really stands out in the interior.

Quick where's my credit card!

I really love the rivets too. Although they are truly only painted-on and then covered with varnish! I wish they had been real metal rivets!

My new CS8 upper grille assembly...new Razor rims...and of course, the hood scoop - (now steering wheel) all have the "rivet look" going on. I love aiming for this sort of consistency!

Todd can you post a straight on pic of the grill area you are asking about? I can see a little of it from the side. IMO from what I see I dont think it looks bad. In fact Im thinking possibly if you had the posts painted the silver of the stripes it may look good.

And the steering wheel looks awesome! I dont know what the small issues with it are but from those pics it looks perfect! :)

Archived