TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Water spots

sdear

I have a few water spots where rain dripped on my car all day. I have tried everything...well just about everything....any secrets tips out there?

thanks

Sue

you know my answer......

plain old no frills blue Windex.

Spray, rub, wipe and rewax.

You can also try the Eagle wax-as-you-dry detail spray.

you know my answer......

plain old no frills blue Windex.

Spray, rub, wipe and rewax.

You can also try the Eagle wax-as-you-dry detail spray.

Be careful not to rub before washing...if there's dirt present you may scratch the paint.

A REALLY big umbrella??!!!! :P

har har har :)

I will try that stump. I polished the area....added protectant and wax..and it is better..but still there. I will try the windex tomorrow. i do remember you saying that now.

Thanks !

har har har :)

I will try that stump. I polished the area....added protectant and wax..and it is better..but still there. I will try the windex tomorrow. i do remember you saying that now.

Thanks !

You could have the hubby stand there in the green speedo again-it scared us all away, it should work for the water spots!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You could have the hubby stand there in the green speedo again-it scared us all away, it should work for the water spots!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

hahahahaha.......except that really wasn't my hubby lol...if it was....well....we would be divorced really really quick !!!! :D :P

Maybe I should get him to stand there all day and hold an umbrella...darn Florida summer rains !!!

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...t=0entry13403

It was discussed at this link but I also think SAI John discussed in yet a different thread a few months back.

Thanks guys..I will see which works the best and let you know.

Darn car was parked in a corner that had a drip drip drip of rain water for a few hours....and i got most of it off...but I still see a few spots that won't budge.

I also have heard honda spray will take care of them, have never tried it though

Honda spray works great. Used to use it back in the day when I had a motorcycle. Was great for cleaing after you had road dust on it too.

sdear,

Zaino makes an inbetween washes touch up that works great. 1 simple spray & wipe away, no buffing, no scrubbing, no re-waxing.

I forget the exact name, but I'll check in my garage later & post it.

I keep it in the trunk, after I wash the car, there is always hidden water that escapes when I start driving and leaves water spots as it drys. When I get where I am going, a couple of spray & wipes and the spots are all gone. I swear by it.

Michael

sdear,

Zaino makes an inbetween washes touch up that works great. 1 simple spray & wipe away, no buffing, no scrubbing, no re-waxing.

I keep it in the trunk, after I wash the car, there is always hidden water that escapes when I start driving and leaves water spots as it drys. When I get where I am going, a couple of spray & wipes and the spots are all gone. I swear by it.

Michael

Assuming you're not talking about leaving the car wash and the water running, have you tried using a leaf blower? I have a cheapo electric one and it works GREAT especially around the mirrors and windows.

Stump I use a leaf blower after washing mine and it works great. Ten i towel dry what is left. The Zaino spray Michael is talking about works good too. I have a bottle in my trunk./ Its a detailing spray. Spray and wipe away. Great for when you get home and want to remove the little dust and crap off the car.

Honda spray works great. Used to use it back in the day when I had a motorcycle. Was great for cleaing after you had road dust on it too.

Yeah, i heard it from my motorcycle friend, must be a bike secret. I have never made it over to the honda dealership yet to pick some up though

sdear,

Michael

Michael..thanks for the info. I do have a detail spray that I use from Blackfire.....and it gets rid of water spots left over that I miss when washing the car...but these spots are a result of it in a parking garage...and i was one level down from the top..and water dripped on it for several hours :o These spots are different than the usual water spot. I took a polish last night and it did minimize them...but I can still see an outline of them....and you don't feel them when you run your hand over it.

I am going to try a few things..and I do have a feeling that the porter cable and my polish will get rid of them ...as the polish with just my finger did make them alot lighter.

The average person would have to get a magnifying glass to see them...but you KNOW how us car people are lol.

Michael..thanks for the info. I do have a detail spray that I use from Blackfire.....and it gets rid of water spots left over that I miss when washing the car...but these spots are a result of it in a parking garage...and i was one level down from the top..and water dripped on it for several hours :o These spots are different than the usual water spot. I took a polish last night and it did minimize them...but I can still see an outline of them....and you don't feel them when you run your hand over it.

I am going to try a few things..and I do have a feeling that the porter cable and my polish will get rid of them ...as the polish with just my finger did make them alot lighter.

The average person would have to get a magnifying glass to see them...but you KNOW how us car people are lol.

Sue,

Now I understand. I had "water" drip on my Porsche 928S from an overpass while stuck in traffic, by the time I got home to wipe it off, there was ablemish in the paint. There are chemicals like waterproofing materials that are incorparated into parking garage structures (and overpasses) and that is probably mixing with the water that ends up dripping on your car. You might have to clay bar the spots (or the whole car to make it even, I am no expert) and then rewax. Also, a car cover might be necessary if you always park in the same spot.

Just a few ideas.

Michael

Archived