TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Day August 25th

ShelbyGT/SC

Rich S (nice to have met you the other day), Bud or GTHero, can you please pin this post until August 26th?

All, Tasca Day (that's what I still call it) is going to be huge. Lots and lots of people are coming from all over the country, While at SAI the other day, I met people from Pennsylvania and other states who said they were coming and knew of other coming too. I've recently been at car shows where many people have talked about all the people going too. I wish I could say more but I can't so just trust that it will be a magical day.

Since some of us in the north east have mentioned an annual get-together, I suggest this event each year. For the whole country, perhaps an annual pilgrimage to SAI on the SGT's launch date (was that August 11th?) is in order?

For those of you that are coming, the show is from 10-4 but I highly recommend that you arrive earlier. There will be some very interesting things happening. Don't forget to bring 2 cans of food for donation/entrance. Among many other things, they will have dyno pulls for $89, the KR will be there as well as John Force, Robert Hight, live music, a huge BBQ, the 2009 Ford Flex, a real lot of great cars, and of course, Mr. Shelby (and others).

Maybe we can have a big get-together in Providence the night before. I have a friend that owns a bar in the city. I'll ask him if he has any events going on that night. Maybe we can meet there. Those taking a hotel, let me know and I'll be glad to recommend hotels and restaurants. I wish the Providence Water Fire was on that weekend: http://www.waterfire.org/

Don't forget that my sig has all the info about the show.

Carroll will be signing items (including my car and matching guitar). As you know it's $100 for items and $200 for car parts.

John Force usually signs items. I don't know whether there is a fee/donation. I really hope Ashley will be there too. I'm sure that Robert Hight and others will sign too.

Billy Gilbert (responsible for inventing the Cobra Jet engine) is usually there and still works for them (I'm told). If you want to know more about that, Google "concocting the cobra jet engine." Billy signed my son's 1/18th scale model a few years ago as well as John Force.

See you all there.

Oh, by the way, if Sexyback comes back on this forum soon, this is for you – see posts 8 and 12 (looks like you might need to find another username LOL):

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...t=0#entry181960

Count me in.

I will be vacationing in W. Yarmouth the week leading up to it and have had this weekend circled all summer.

I will definately need the hotel info.

Adam,

If you could PM me some convenient hotel options that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IM am planning on going still. I will be bringing my 2 sons down with me so I wont be able to make the bar get together the night before. Any info on hotels would be great. I am hoping they will be announcing Tasca as an East Coast mod shop at the event or before.

Count me in.

I will be vacationing in W. Yarmouth the week leading up to it and have had this weekend circled all summer.

I will definately need the hotel info.

Adam,

If you could PM me some convenient hotel options that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MWS,

I live about 10 min. from Tasca.

Here is a post Adam made on Stangsunleashed with hotel info. If you need more, just PM me.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=87

BTW: Anyone come up with a good solution to the dash panel issue? I verified the only way to get the <bleep> thing is to order the entire airbag! $800 or remove the old airbag and re-install which is almost as much. I'm looking for a crashed car that may not have had the passenger side bag deploy and see if I can get the plate that way. Another option I thought of was a sheet of clear plastic that could be signed and placed on the dash. I could ask Carroll to sign it to #2621 etc.,, and then affix the plastic sheet over the dash.

Thoughts?

Matt,

Sans car, of course?

I know Chicago is too far from the cape for you to bring your car, so look me up that week on the Cape & I can swing by to take you for a ride.......cause I figure you'll be suffering from LMSHS.

(Left My Shelby Home Syndrome)

pm me for the particulars.

and thanks ross, I'll make my arrangements later today & take you up on the pm if I hit any snags.

BTW: Anyone come up with a good solution to the dash panel issue? I verified the only way to get the <bleep> thing is to order the entire airbag! $800 or remove the old airbag and re-install which is almost as much. I'm looking for a crashed car that may not have had the passenger side bag deploy and see if I can get the plate that way. Another option I thought of was a sheet of clear plastic that could be signed and placed on the dash. I could ask Carroll to sign it to #2621 etc.,, and then affix the plastic sheet over the dash.

Thoughts?

Try this Matt

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...1065&hl=air+bag

As fate would have it (dang it), I'll be on a family vacation during that weekend. Maybe next year!!

Matt...somewhere there is a thread about removal of the dash without removing the air bag. I am taking mine into dealership today to have them try. Will let you know. How was the show in Joliet? Steve

Thanks man!

Joilet was GREAT! Got a "Top 20" trophy and might be in Mustang Monthly! We'll see!

:-)

Thanks!

Matt,

Sans car, of course?

I know Chicago is too far from the cape for you to bring your car, so look me up that week on the Cape & I can swing by to take you for a ride.......cause I figure you'll be suffering from LMSHS.

(Left My Shelby Home Syndrome)

pm me for the particulars.

and thanks ross, I'll make my arrangements later today & take you up on the pm if I hit any snags.

Very nice of you! I would love to see your car! I'm staying right off Rt. 3 near Bourne. I'll PM you!

:)

:)

bump....

Lets see who do we have so far.....

aodwyer

Mattchicago

rossgt

RIHarley

Webba

wicked

GTHero, are you going?

any others?

Wicked, there are people on stangsunleashed that are going too, including Crispy. I think he's the founder of SU or somethig like that. Also, last week while at SAI, I met several people that were coming.

:angry:

Any word on getting together if not the night before then at the event?

We're instead thinking about something right after the party. More info soon when we confirm. For those not able to make it after the event, we can still meet up Friday night somewhere..

I just pm'd you.............

Michael,

How did you make out with the list?

Roger

We're instead thinking about something right after the party. More info soon when we confirm. For those not able to make it after the event, we can still meet up Friday night somewhere..

;) Adam, check your e-mail.

bump....

Lets see who do we have so far.....

aodwyer

Mattchicago

rossgt

RIHarley

Webba

wicked

GTHero, are you going?

any others?

Cobrawertz (Rick) will be there with some of the members of the Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island. Not sure as to which car I'm bringing as I still don't have my Shelby GT yet. Soon I hope. Rick

Michael,

How did you make out with the list?

I'm all set. Be there the night b4. Thanks for your help.

Cobrawertz (Rick) will be there with some of the members of the Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island. Not sure as to which car I'm bringing as I still don't have my Shelby GT yet. Soon I hope. Rick

Great Rick,

I am a huge Jones Beach fan. I met a guy Demetri at the car show at the Whiskey Grill/ Lyndhurst, NJ, who has a Steeda Mustang, he said something about a Mustang club meeting at OBI, is that your club?

MWS

Great Rick,

I am a huge Jones Beach fan. I met a guy Demetri at the car show at the Whiskey Grill/ Lyndhurst, NJ, who has a Steeda Mustang, he said something about a Mustang club meeting at OBI, is that your club?

MWS

MWS,

Sunday mornings at the old OBI parking lot are a blast. There are other manufacturers there on Sunday mornings but the Mustangs are really showing up in numbers the last year or so. Last year on a typical Sunday morning there was maybe one new GT 500 to go with the 3 or 4 vintage Shelbys Mustangs, cobra replicas and a bunch of late model Mustangs. This year there are usually 5 or 6 vintage Shelbys, a real 427 cobra, a bunch of GT 500s, Roushs, Saleens, Steedas, Ford GTs, Mustangs, Cobra replicas, and finally the Shelby GTs are starting to show up as they arrive on Long Island. If you are not on the parking lot by 7:15AM; you might not get a parking spot. Rick

PS: The Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island is having a show @ Sayville Ford on Sunday Sept. 16th. Details to follow.

Those coming to Tasca, don't forget to bring 2 cans of food for admission.

Anyone wishing to enter your car, call Glenn Tiberiis at 401-640-7552.

Those coming to Tasca, don't forget to bring 2 cans of food for admission.

Anyone wishing to enter your car, call Glenn Tiberiis at 401-640-7552.

I am definitely planning on attending. What time are folks planning on being there in the morning? I figure I'm an hour away and am trying to figure out what time I should leave.

Archived