TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Observations on an early CSM

RogerS

Wanted to share some observations of a local SGT #0580 that has been baking in the sun for some time at a local dealer lot. Still there because of a $10,000 ADM. Go figure..........

It is a white 5spd. and reading the issues on the board, if you don't have a car yet, I can see the concerns. Here is what I did see:

The right hood pin was fine as far at tension, the left had none and would not fully close. Felt sprung. But the actual thickness of the ring is what I suspect is part of the issue. It felt flimsy.

The stripes: Very well applied. No bubbles that I could notice and I looked close. But we all know that when we perform the first bonding with out first wash we find everything. What I did notice was scratches all over the stripes except the hood. Now that could be from the dealer prep and wash or a lot attendant but I would think that this would be an issue if you could not polish them out.

The hood scoop: At 5 ft. away the fit looked very good. Upon closer inspection the left and right front corners had seperation. Just light pressure on each front edge and there was a lot of give. As stated there is no attachment there. I know this would bother me. But Amy did say that the fix is in and would be avalible this week.

Stance: This car was sanwiched inbetween 2 Mustang GT's it just looked much lower. Amazing how much 1.5" makes.

The Grille: I did not see any wearing paint. But they don't wash the cars as frequently as we would.

Thought I would share the observations of a car sitting for some time on a dealer lot.

Wanted to share some observations of a local SGT #0580 that has been baking in the sun for some time at a local dealer lot. Still there because of a $10,000 ADM. Go figure..........

It is a white 5spd. and reading the issues on the board, if you don't have a car yet, I can see the concerns. Here is what I did see:

The right hood pin was fine as far at tension, the left had none and would not fully close. Felt sprung. But the actual thickness of the ring is what I suspect is part of the issue. It felt flimsy.

The stripes: Very well applied. No bubbles that I could notice and I looked close. But we all know that when we perform the first bonding with out first wash we find everything. What I did notice was scratches all over the stripes except the hood. Now that could be from the dealer prep and wash or a lot attendant but I would think that this would be an issue if you could not polish them out.

The hood scoop: At 5 ft. away the fit looked very good. Upon closer inspection the left and right front corners had seperation. Just light pressure on each front edge and there was a lot of give. As stated there is no attachment there. I know this would bother me. But Amy did say that the fix is in and would be avalible this week.

Stance: This car was sanwiched inbetween 2 Mustang GT's it just looked much lower. Amazing how much 1.5" makes.

The Grille: I did not see any wearing paint. But they don't wash the cars as frequently as we would.

Thought I would share the observations of a car sitting for some time on a dealer lot.

It amazes me how some dealers leave these cars outside in the elements. :o I saw one at a dealer...it was filthy dirty....had two letters missing off the trunk....and they had a 10,000 admin fee on it !

Archived