TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I picked my SGT in Vegas

I finally found some time to put these together....I guess I have been too busy enjoying the car. :lol:

If you ever considered the museum pick up option and wondered if it was worth it...well I just got to say that they exceeded all of my expectations. SAI, especially John and Larry, really gave me and my wife the VP treatment and went out of their way to make it a special day. A day that started with a limo drive from the hotel to driving my SGT through the Valley of Fire, a State Park just north of SAI. It was truly an experience of a life time. It may have lasted 3-4 hours but it seem much shorter. They also threw in some goodies and surprises along the way that I would not want to ruin it for anyone still planing on the musuem pick up.

The trip back was equally rewarding. I covered 4 states in 5 days on my trip back to Seattle, that's just over 1800 miles...top speed by the gauge was 130. From a guy that has driven Toyota trucks for 24 years...that is flying. I was still breaking it in so these were just short burst to pass the few cars we saw between Vegas and Tahoe. Only had 2 cars pass me in nearly 500 miles of driving and that was only because I want to slow down as we approached Lake Tahoe. I love the sound of the motor when I shift down to pass cars. I don't think we even turned on the radio on until we had over 400 miles on the car. Truly awesome car.

I have so many stories to tell like the when I took my car in for it's first oil change in Reno (700 miles) and the attendants were fighting on who got to change the oil. One guy jumped in the car and started to back it out of the stall to take it over to his stall. The manager took over and made sure the car was done right...he told the guys not to put the fender protector on to prevent scratches. He even told them not to wash the windows in case I was picky about what to use and they may scratch them.

I also have stories about valet drivers in Tahoe who just started drooling when I drove up to the hotel.....I went in to register while my wife was sitting in the car. My wife said it was so funny....the valet guys just kept asking each other and her....is that car taken care of..... I was so nervous turning the car over to them that I rode down with them into the garage as a passenger. He gave me the best spot, I even video tape him driving the car out of the garage when I picked up the car the next day. He thought it was strange and that I was doing it for insurance purposes (in case he crashed), but I just wanted to tape the car in motion. It was cool to hear the rumble of the car start from the garage 100 feet away and my wife turns to me and says I think it's coming.

And boy, there are a lot of bugs in Oregon. That front end of the car was caked with bugs by the time I hit Washington...at least the bird I ran over in the desert run through Nevada did not damage the front. It flew right in front of me....felt bad....but that could of really scratched my car. :lol:

When I finally got the car home, the family comes running out (4 kids) to greet us. First thing they ask...can we go for a ride in the Shelby....I explained to them we just drove for 5 days over 1800 miles and you want to go for a drive....but I was thinking to myself...."I thought you would never ask...jump in". :) My 4 year old still asks "Dad...can we take a spin in the Shelby...just a little one." as she pinches her fingers together. I just have to grin and think...these are the memories that are priceless. And none of it would have been possible without SAI. Thank you SAI. Thank you for making this car a possibility...and the Museum option...well that was just icing on the cake.

Pictures of SAI Museum and my SGT

I finally found some time to put these together....I guess I have been too busy enjoying the car. :lol:

If you ever considered the museum pick up option and wondered if it was worth it...well I just got to say that they exceeded all of my expectations. SAI, especially John and Larry, really gave me and my wife the VP treatment and went out of their way to make it a special day. A day that started with a limo drive from the hotel to driving my SGT through the Valley of Fire, a State Park just north of SAI. It was truly an experience of a life time. It may have lasted 3-4 hours but it seem much shorter. They also threw in some goodies and surprises along the way that I would not want to ruin it for anyone still planing on the musuem pick up.

The trip back was equally rewarding. I covered 4 states in 5 days on my trip back to Seattle, that's just over 1800 miles...top speed by the gauge was 130. From a guy that has driven Toyota trucks for 24 years...that is flying. I was still breaking it in so these were just short burst to pass the few cars we saw between Vegas and Tahoe. Only had 2 cars pass me in nearly 500 miles of driving and that was only because I want to slow down as we approached Lake Tahoe. I love the sound of the motor when I shift down to pass cars. I don't think we even turned on the radio on until we had over 400 miles on the car. Truly awesome car.

I have so many stories to tell like the when I took my car in for it's first oil change in Reno (700 miles) and the attendants were fighting on who got to change the oil. One guy jumped in the car and started to back it out of the stall to take it over to his stall. The manager took over and made sure the car was done right...he told the guys not to put the fender protector on to prevent scratches. He even told them not to wash the windows in case I was picky about what to use and they may scratch them.

I also have stories about valet drivers in Tahoe who just started drooling when I drove up to the hotel.....I went in to register while my wife was sitting in the car. My wife said it was so funny....the valet guys just kept asking each other and her....is that car taken care of..... I was so nervous turning the car over to them that I rode down with them into the garage as a passenger. He gave me the best spot, I even video tape him driving the car out of the garage when I picked up the car the next day. He thought it was strange and that I was doing it for insurance purposes (in case he crashed), but I just wanted to tape the car in motion. It was cool to hear the rumble of the car start from the garage 100 feet away and my wife turns to me and says I think it's coming.

And boy, there are a lot of bugs in Oregon. That front end of the car was caked with bugs by the time I hit Washington...at least the bird I ran over in the desert run through Nevada did not damage the front. It flew right in front of me....felt bad....but that could of really scratched my car. :lol:

When I finally got the car home, the family comes running out (4 kids) to greet us. First thing they ask...can we go for a ride in the Shelby....I explained to them we just drove for 5 days over 1800 miles and you want to go for a drive....but I was thinking to myself...."I thought you would never ask...jump in". :) My 4 year old still asks "Dad...can we take a spin in the Shelby...just a little one." as she pinches her fingers together. I just have to grin and think...these are the memories that are priceless. And none of it would have been possible without SAI. Thank you SAI. Thank you for making this car a possibility...and the Museum option...well that was just icing on the cake.

Love your pics. I'm using them for wall paper on my computer 'cause they are better than the pics I take with of car.

Love your pics. I'm using them for wall paper on my computer 'cause they are better than the pics I take with of car.

Great pictures !!! Congrats on your new car !!!! Had to laugh about you riding with the valet guy ! I go up to Hard Rock in Tampa now and then, and the valet guys fight over it....BUT....there is only one kid I let drive it....he truly understands a lowered car etc etc. He always walks up through the mob and gets in the car like he owns it haha ! He parks it in a spot where it won't get touched for me. First time I went..I followed him on foot lol.

Enjoy your car !!!

Sue

Jerry,

Lots of nice pics of car. You guys looked like you had alot of fun. We should of driven ours home.100 miles an hour ?? I guess you just couldn't resist. I'd probably done the same thing :P Your car look great. Now I wish it would stop raining so we can go drive and play.

Sherri

Wow! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing. Wish I could take as good of pics. Can I use them as desktop pics for my computer LOL.

Really wish we could have ordered and then done the museum pick up.

You guys look like you had a wonderful time at SAI and on the way home to Seattle.

Your car looks great.

Enjoy between the rain drops.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing. Wish I could take as good of pics. Can I use them as desktop pics for my computer LOL.

Really wish we could have ordered and then done the museum pick up.

You guys look like you had a wonderful time at SAI and on the way home to Seattle.

Your car looks great.

Enjoy between the rain drops.

Makes me wish I lived closer to Vegas!

2498 miles from Shelby Autos to my house. I would love to do it, but that's a lot of miles.

I wonder if you could do a museum delivery style tour (VIP treatment), but have the car shipped to your home, vice going to the dealership. If it was more expensive, a customer could just pay the difference between shipping to the dealership vs his residence.

In my case, this would save me a round trip from VA Beach to Percy, GA (620 miles 1 way).

Thanks. I took over 1000 pictures and videos that 5 days...not all were of the car. I'm not sure how hot it was that day. Someone in Vegas said it was 109, but out in the Valley of Fire it felt even hotter. I would have taken more but I was melting at the time. If you look closely at the pictures you may see my wife in them...she was wonderful but she had no interest of leaving the comfort of a A/C car.

It's great to do it in a car that gets as many looks as the countryside!

It definitely was. I got a lot of interesting reactions to the car along the way. All of them were very positive...or at least of the ones I'm aware of. I'm not too sure what "look" I got when I passed some of these desert cars. They probably thought I was crazy but I honestly say I never floored the car. I little push of the accelerator and the car seemed to know what to do, next thing I know I'm looking back at a speck behind me. The time I hit 130 was when I passed a bus of passengers, a car, and two semi trucks. They were all bunched up in a group and I could not pull behind each vehicle to pass. All it took was one big pass. Anywhere else I wouldn't done it but when you can see what seems to be 5 miles dead straight road...well I just wish I could of got a pictures of the passengers reactions. If I offended anyone that day (6/16) from Vegas to Tahoe, I apologise.

You guy's look happy and that says it all!

Congrats...............

I was still in stock. John kept saying....climb in....try it out.

I wonder if you could do a museum delivery style tour (VIP treatment), but have the car shipped to your home, vice going to the dealership.

Talk to SAI about this option for your 2008 SGT. As I understood it the answer was yes. You could ship the car directly to your house for $500. I don't see any reason why you can't tour the shop before they load it. You may not get the same full VIP treatment (limo ride, etc) but they will treat you like a VIP. For me, the Museum option really made $$$ sense. After trying many dealerships, the only one that would talk to me wanted 18k over MSRP. It's a big dealership in Washington that sits on 8-10 GT500 asking 20K over list. Once I heard about the museum option, I could buy from any dealer in the country. Found a great dealer from PA (Woltz & Wind ford). A very fair price, was informed, worked directly with SAI, and dig a great job with all the paper work. Best buying experience bar none.

The VIP tour is made up of limo ride to SAI, register in the Shelby book, some one-on-one time with Larry, tour of the museum, behind the scenes tour of the Cobra and Shelby GT shops, announcement to the tour group that there is going to be a new Shelby owner today, many questions from the tour group, some more one-on-one time with John, quick trip through the R&D shop...presentation of your car and a final tour of gift shop. They even topped off the tank as part of the VIP package. There are a couple of other surprises mixed in but you get the sense of it. You can't take pictures beyond the main museum section.

Great shots! Congratulations. Must have been a fun drive!

I am planning the delivery and then ship to my home. While on my 33 anniversary visit to Vegas.

What time frame are you going to be there and i guess that means you're back on board for an 08??

What time frame are you going to be there and i guess that means you're back on board for an 08??

With any type of luck, and I don't feel lucky, within the next 3-4 weeks if I am able to get the 07. I will know tomorrow. <_<

I sent you a pm asking you about this option.

Got it Mark and responded back.

With any type of luck, and I don't feel lucky, within the next 3-4 weeks if I am able to get the 07. I will know tomorrow. <_<

Got it Mark and responded back.

I wonder if that was my car on the museum floor?

Man I miss that car. :(

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! My wife and I also went to the Valley of Fire and got some nice pictures. It was very enjoyable...and hot.

B)

Incredible display of your trip and SAI delivery. I would like to do that one time, just once. May it may be the next 2009 SGT? Maybe so. Good job and I can tell your very happy as we all are. What a great way to spend $40K for a million dollar buzz! Congrat's. :)

Congratulations! What a great story. Loved the pics. I just had to go in the garage and hug my shelby.

Archived