TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Story of the Day !

sdear

:lol:

Well..today I go to get gas. The lady in the station taking money says...you can have the gas if I can have your car. I said tell you what...if I win the lottery tonight...you can have the car !

She proceeds to tell me what location she will be working at tomorrow....and asks me how many lottery tickets I want to purchase.

I might have to give up Ralph tomorrow :P :D

first of all what the hell are you doing shopping at wal-mart..............its almost like taking your baby through the automatic car wash ...........or buying your gas at a shell station LOL :lol:

hahaha...welp......I buy all my dog food ,cat food, paper stuff.........and misc junk at WalMart !!! Gives me more gas money for Ralph :D :D :P

I was driving my SGT down the middle lane of the 3-lane highway the other day and there was a car full of gorgeous women on each side of me. I couldn't believe it. Then, even better, they all decided to make it much more interesting while they were driving. It was a beautiful thing.

And then I woke up. <_<

Just back at home from my trip to SAI.

First: They told me it had not rained in a long time in Vegas........right......I get off the plane and the sky opens up............figured I'd get there early............flight gets in 20 min. early, that was something special, so I am excited to be on the ground, early and then the rain. Plane arrives at 10 AM local time.........figure I'll get to the Hertz booth, rent me a Shelby Vert and be on my way. No such luck.........because of the rain and very large lightning strikes I end up waiting 2+ hours for my bags to be off loaded. Ok, no big deal I say.

Bags are released, go to Hertz and NO avalible Shelby's .............right.......I give up and get in a cab and go to the hotel. Figure I'll check in and rent a car there and go to SAI a little later than planned. NOPE! Out of rental cars........do you believe this.......Las Vegas and out of cars.............!!!!!

So I just said OK tomorrows another day. Go out to dinner and come back to reserve the car for the morning. No problem, we will have one for you the women on the other end of the phone says! Great, then she asks what time will you be needing the car I say, 6AM please. The pause was incredible.......uh.....we don't open until 7:30 AM............I say, I thought this was the city that never sleeps.............she says......but I do!!!!!!!

Get up early, go to breakfast, grab all my gear, go down to the rental office and the women is in her little office with the door locked. I knock on the door and she points to her watch........I look at mine it's 7:31AM. Her watch was 5 min. slower!!!!! Now I'm thinking I better start walking becuse at the rate this is going I'll never get there......

Finally got the car and am on RT 15 North heading to the Promised Land and my cell phone rings..............my buddy Adam O...........he asks did you get to SAI yesterday, I proceed to tell him the story............he pauses and says............that's too bad Carroll was there until about 12 noon!!!!!!!!!!! ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I feel badly but I know he is coming to RI soon enough.......Had a great time at SAI then the flight home today. Take off no problem.....flight on time and everything is great then the wheels fell off again, plane is diverted, they end up changing the gate for the connector, I have less than 8 min. to make my final leg home.....run to the new gate and the women there ask's me, why are you out of breath? I say, too long a story......she then tells me you had plenty of time there is a delay..............great...........catch my breath, at 54 I'm lucky I have anything to catch........get on the final leg. New airplane, very nice and smooth ride.........arrives 25 min late......no big deal, I'm home...........go to the baggage claim..............no bag!!!!!!!!!!! It's in Philly!!!!!!!!!!! With all of my SAI gear!!!!!!!!!! Wait in another line until 1:15 AM for the women at the desk to tell me I should have carried it on.......thanks!! So tired and somewhat depressed I head out to the parking garage............as I enter the common walkway to the garage I pass by the Car Rental garages............and guess what is there in all it's glory................

A 2007 SGT Vert........................I'll post pics tomorrow!

None in Vegas and I come home and this is what I find at the local airport.......................gotta love it. At least the last thing I did see prior to driving home made me smile about the entire trip..... :D

Just back at home from my trip to SAI.

First: They told me it had not rained in a long time in Vegas........right......I get off the plane and the sky opens up............figured I'd get there early............flight gets in 20 min. early, that was something special, so I am excited to be on the ground, early and then the rain. Plane arrives at 10 AM local time.........figure I'll get to the Hertz booth, rent me a Shelby Vert and be on my way. No such luck.........because of the rain and very large lightning strikes I end up waiting 2+ hours for my bags to be off loaded. Ok, no big deal I say.

Bags are released, go to Hertz and NO avalible Shelby's .............right.......I give up and get in a cab and go to the hotel. Figure I'll check in and rent a car there and go to SAI a little later than planned. NOPE! Out of rental cars........do you believe this.......Las Vegas and out of cars.............!!!!!

So I just said OK tomorrows another day. Go out to dinner and come back to reserve the car for the morning. No problem, we will have one for you the women on the other end of the phone says! Great, then she asks what time will you be needing the car I say, 6AM please. The pause was incredible.......uh.....we don't open until 7:30 AM............I say, I thought this was the city that never sleeps.............she says......but I do!!!!!!!

Get up early, go to breakfast, grab all my gear, go down to the rental office and the women is in her little office with the door locked. I knock on the door and she points to her watch........I look at mine it's 7:31AM. Her watch was 5 min. slower!!!!! Now I'm thinking I better start walking becuse at the rate this is going I'll never get there......

Finally got the car and am on RT 15 North heading to the Promised Land and my cell phone rings..............my buddy Adam O...........he asks did you get to SAI yesterday, I proceed to tell him the story............he pauses and says............that's too bad Carroll was there until about 12 noon!!!!!!!!!!! ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I feel badly but I know he is coming to RI soon enough.......Had a great time at SAI then the flight home today. Take off no problem.....flight on time and everything is great then the wheels fell off again, plane is diverted, they end up changing the gate for the connector, I have less than 8 min. to make my final leg home.....run to the new gate and the women there ask's me, why are you out of breath? I say, too long a story......she then tells me you had plenty of time there is a delay..............great...........catch my breath, at 54 I'm lucky I have anything to catch........get on the final leg. New airplane, very nice and smooth ride.........arrives 25 min late......no big deal, I'm home...........go to the baggage claim..............no bag!!!!!!!!!!! It's in Philly!!!!!!!!!!! With all of my SAI gear!!!!!!!!!! Wait in another line until 1:15 AM for the women at the desk to tell me I should have carried it on.......thanks!! So tired and somewhat depressed I head out to the parking garage............as I enter the common walkway to the garage I pass by the Car Rental garages............and guess what is there in all it's glory................

A 2007 SGT Vert........................I'll post pics tomorrow!

None in Vegas and I come home and this is what I find at the local airport.......................gotta love it. At least the last thing I did see prior to driving home made me smile about the entire trip..... :D

Roger,

Hopefully you got the details worked out on your car. Is your car in the mod shop yet? Did they give you an ETA on delivery? Hopefully by the Tasca Show. Did you find out how many S/C cars they done to date? How many 07's do they have left to do? How many cars left to go into the mod shop? Did you ever work out your CSM#? I guess that's enough questions for now, we need details. OOOPS one more......Did you ever get your lost bag?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm at work today so I really haven't had much time to respond to all of the posts. I will later today or early tomorrow and fill you in on what I can tell you.

Still waiting for the bag..........with all of my Shelby goods.........

ok...here is today's story !!!!

I just get all done getting Ralph all cleaned up. Time to go for a drive.

I am not two blocks from our house..quiet subdivision..and we are driving ...and my hubby says LOOK !!!

Low and behold...there is a black Shelby GT parked in a driveway two blocks from our house !!!!

So I pull a U turn....pull up to the house..and make my hubby go to the door !! :D :P Guy comes out...he is visiting someone...but he is from our town....on the other side of it anyways.

It was # 1489 , he didnt know his CSM number !!! :o ) , so I looked for him haha. It was automatic...no interior upgrade.....but there it was......all nice a proud ! Turns out he bought it from the same dealer...who must have got it from someone else as mine was their first one I was told.

He said he got the automatic because his daughter is turning 16 soon !!!!!! :o :rolleyes: :blink:

My daughter is 24....and she will never drive my car ......until I am gone lol.

So you can mark 1489 as being in Sarasota Florida !!! Its automatic and that is all I know !! :D

Archived