TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who else has ordered an 08 SGT?

AFBLUE

To my knowledge, I'm not aware of anyone else on here that has ordered a 2008 SGT.

If you have then share what you ordered in this thread by using this format

Body: Premium or Deluxe Coupe or Convertible

Transmission: Manual or Auto

Interior: Cloth or Leather and color

IUP? Yes or No and what color Silver or Charcoal

Other options: e.g. Active Anti-theft, wheel locks

Mod Shop: If yes, what are you getting

I'll start

Body: Premium Coupe

Transmission: Manual

Interior: Charcoal leather

IUP? Yes, Charcoal

Other options: Active Anti-theft, wheel locks

Mod Shop: No

No one but you! So don't pay ADM there are 2200 or set to be built and 2199 still available. You my friend are the only person putting in for an 08'.

Since you've decided on the 08' it's occurred to me that we'll have to live with your PSDS PSSD or what ever it is for at least another three months. That's just swell.

:P

No one but you! So don't pay ADM there are 2200 or set to be built and 2199 still available. You my friend are the only person putting in for an 08'.

Since you've decided on the 08' it's occurred to me that we'll have to live with your PSDS PSSD or what ever it is for at least another three months. That's just swell.

Hush Matt, We lived with yours! :D

hey Mark

just got this off the computer. your car is sch. to be here on 8-12. so it will be built end of this week or first of next week. of course the car has to go to SAI and they arent going to start the 08s until sept, but your car should be one the of the first cars out there. can we say choose a low number? would have called and told you but i just now got it.

call me tomorrow and i will fax the sheet to you

michael morris

I don't think I could put up with a wait like the one I had for the 07, not to mention the lack of information and mis-information. I am still waiting for a letter SAI promised me when my car was loaded on the hauler and all I keep getting is the run around. If I would have known all the hassles up front I think I would of passed on the whole thing and wait for something else maybe the Dodge challanger. I am really disappointed in the whole SAI process both before and after the sale. I love the car but hate the way we are treated, the least they could do is be straigt forward with dates and back up what they have promised.

Sorry about straying from the subject, but no I will not be ordering an 08

I don't think I could put up with a wait like the one I had for the 07, not to mention the lack of information and mis-information. I am still waiting for a letter SAI promised me when my car was loaded on the hauler and all I keep getting is the run around. If I would have known all the hassles up front I think I would of passed on the whole thing and wait for something else maybe the Dodge challanger. I am really disappointed in the whole SAI process both before and after the sale. I love the car but hate the way we are treated, the least they could do is be straigt forward with dates and back up what they have promised.

Sorry about straying from the subject, but no I will not be ordering an 08

If you want another car Don get the 08 GT500 like I am. I thought about getting an SGT convertable but I am not much on vert's and I have a white SGT. And like you I cannot stand to wait for another SGT. And to get 500 HP I need a supercharger, pulley's etc., so I opted for a car that already came with 500HP. And the GT500 comes straight from the factory! And it is still a Shelby! But let's not get started on another topic,

I'll probably still be waiting along with him-i'm still not certain that mine won't have to be repainted blue by the time it ships! :(

If you want another car Don get the 08 GT500 like I am. I thought about getting an SGT convertable but I am not much on vert's and I have a white SGT. And like you I cannot stand to wait for another SGT. And to get 500 HP I need a supercharger, pulley's etc., so I opted for a car that already came with 500HP. And the GT500 comes straight from the factory! And it is still a Shelby! But let's not get started on another topic,

Now that WOULD be beating a "dead horse"! :P

Well since I'm the only person ordering one, they only need to build 1 instead of 2200.

I guess I will be getting 08SGT0001. This is great because the guys at SAI will have plenty of time to make sure everything is just right.

This will be a rare car indeed. Right up there with the original Super Snake and EXP-500 (the Green Hornet) It will one day sale on Barrett Jackson for 7 figures. I'll be rich I tell you! Rich! The powered by Ford emblems alone will sale for 4 figures :D

:rolleyes:

Well since I'm the only person ordering one, they only need to build 1 instead of 2200.

I guess I will be getting 08SGT0001. This is great because the guys at SAI will have plenty of time to make sure everything is just right.

This will be a rare car indeed. Right up there with the original Super Snake and EXP-500 (the Green Hornet) It will one day sale on Barrett Jackson for 7 figures. I'll be rich I tell you! Rich! The powered by Ford emblems alone will sale for 4 figures :D

LOL

To my knowledge, I'm not aware of anyone else on here that has ordered a 2008 SGT.

If you have then share what you ordered in this thread by using this format

Body: Premium or Deluxe Coupe or Convertible

Transmission: Manual or Auto

Interior: Cloth or Leather and color

IUP? Yes or No and what color Silver or Charcoal

Other options: e.g. Active Anti-theft, wheel locks

Mod Shop: If yes, what are you getting

I'll start

Body: Premium Coupe

IUP? Yes, Charcoal

Other options: Active Anti-theft, wheel locks

Mod Shop: No

Well you for one have waited a long time for this car. I can't wait for you to get it and post some pictures. Once I make it back home maybe I can drive up to your neck of the woods for a car show even.

Well you for one have waited a long time for this car. I can't wait for you to get it and post some pictures. Once I make it back home maybe I can drive up to your neck of the woods for a car show even.

That would be great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP

Here's who I'm aware of:

AFBLUE

clark17357

Cobrawertz

Dig-It

ducatirider2

Eraynman

Did I miss anybody?

How many that have been ordered have made it to SAI to date? Mine is confirmed there but that was only after John Walker went outside and found it -- then it showed up on the VIN tracker the next day. Jim Clark

BUMP

Here's who I'm aware of:

AFBLUE

clark17357

Cobrawertz

Dig-It

ducatirider2

Eraynman

Did I miss anybody?

I have an '08 ordered, it's a premium automatic vert, all options. I believe it arrived at SAI on 9/25, (according to the rail company), it still shows "enroute to Shelby Automobiles" on the SAI tracker. I intend to add a Paxton polished S/C, Shelby Baer big brakes, wheels (GT40?), Shelby gauges, lower grille, sequentials, GT-H/CS hood, and the engine dress up. I'm leaning away from a spoiler. And we'll go from there.

Mine is confirmed not there. Still in flat rock. They must have forgotten to install the 5.4L N/A engine I ordered j/k

Yeah, I've been following the non-shipment of your ride, must be frustrating. Hopefully SAI will make up for it, but I think I'm probably in for the long haul with the S/C and all.

Here's mine:

Body: Premium Convertible

IUP? Yes, Charcoal

Other options: Active Anti-theft, wheel locks, HID’s, heated seats, Shaker 1000, ambient lighting, convertible boot

Mod Shop: Yes, satin Paxton, and maybe something else if I can slip it past the Mrs. (Why not? She’s already going to flip out over the supercharger!)

Hopefully my car will be in Las Vegas next month.

But I'm out of this place next week!!! WOOHOO!!!

4 convertibles and 3 coupes. I'm assuming that cobrawertz is getting a convertible.

All 7 are blue ones. Wonder when we will see our 1st orange member.

I hope, for the sake of those of you getting convertibles, that they are not building out the coupes first. The only completed cars we have seen to date are coupes and, maybe, they need to change their production line a bit for the convertibles, what with the rollbar and all. Let us hope that is not the case and it is still first come, first served.

As for the first orange member, that will be interesting. The color combination (orange and silver) is not one most of us would have come up with as the best combination. My guess is that most of the orange ones will be sold totally stock out of the dealers' showrooms. If anyone orders their car like we did, I would think, given the choice, they would opt for the blue. Not trying to "dis" the orange, but it is not my cup of tea. Being a Californian myself, I stand a better chance than most of actually seeing one of these on the road. We will see. Jim

Archived