TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello Everyone

Well let me start by saying that I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended on this forum with any of my previous posts. I know there are some of you out there. Even though at the time I felt like many of you knew and understood exactly where I was coming from.(and agreed)

My PSDS was getting the best of me and NOW I AM CURED.

I have to say to all those still waiting....that even though your PSDS may continue to climb to record new highs each week and you begin to feel that no prize at the end would be worth all you are enduring....

STOP. FORGET THAT. WALK IT OFF. THE CAR IS UNBELIEVABLE. IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. THE PSDS JUSTS DROPS OFF YOU WHEN YOU GET THE CAR like your clothes on a 100 degree day when you arrive at the beach. HANG IN THERE. ITS ALL WORTH IT.

This is coming from someone who waited 7 months. Had the car he ordered develop engine problems while at SAI. Have his car get misplaced at a local Ford dealer in Vegas(too). Finally get reassured all was fixed only to have the car sit in Vegas inexplicabilly for 2 more months. Paid for mods. Then only to have his greedy dealer decide he wanted 50k for the car once all this seemed finally resolved. Walked away from that car & original delaer. Didnt lose hope. Found a new deal for 1k under MSRP. Wait more still.......

THEN BINGO. PICKED UP THE CAR 38 DAYS AGO. 1600 MILES LATER.......IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.

Hang in there, be A SHELBY OWNER, Its an exclusive club for no other reason than the way you will feel once this car is in YOUR garage.

Yes, it is that special. :)

Well, Glad to see your still alive. It is a great car. I only have a little over 900 miles on mine. Going to Panama City next week. Would like to drive her down there but can't decide...............

Hello my old friend. How is the tire business?

900? I would say that Shelby DEFINATELY needs to go to Panama City. My brother was there last weekend for a big Gator reunion, 6 hour drive from Orlando.(...in his Escape....ouch!)

Cause you know whats gonna happen.....you will be there saying....I wish I had my Shelby.

Go for it!!

Well, Glad to see your still alive. It is a great car. I only have a little over 900 miles on mine. Going to Panama City next week. Would like to drive her down there but can't decide...............

Welcome back...and isn't that just the truth when you get in that car...everything else goes away :D :P

Wicked..welcome back....yes we all understand the psds elimination once you start the car the first time...problem is how long it takes...recall I went through that myself but all is ok now when I smile and crank her up....Never thought it would be this way....so to those waiting..take note...Regards, Steve

Wicked..welcome back....yes we all understand the psds elimination once you start the car the first time...problem is how long it takes...recall I went through that myself but all is ok now when I smile and crank her up....Never thought it would be this way....so to those waiting..take note...Regards, Steve

We don't ALL understand--some of us are still waiting. I hope you're right about the wait being worth it-my dealer ordered in January and i bought it 4 months ago Tuesday, have made my 3rd payment and haven't seen the car! PSDS is getting REALLY bad---btw welcome back wicked, just be good so they won't sit you in the corner again :D ;)

dream, MM, Stump, plumber, ross......thanks.

SHELBYDREAM, I have been sitting here thinking I shouldnt even try to put this into words but, here goes, I dont know how you got interested in this car, but the fact is that you are here. And that makes me think I know the following:

one day soon and everyday forward from that point on

you will own the most beautiful Shelby GT ever.....

the look of her sitting in driveway....waiting for you after dinner...outside a restaurant.......in your garage

her exhuast purring as you like or roaring if you desire.......

your face is going to hurt from smiling so much....

and driving used to be this much fun for me and now it is again, anyday I want.

hang in there.......There truly is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

I know, I know,,,"shut-up...you have your car".

dream, MM, Stump, plumber, ross......thanks.

SHELBYDREAM, I have been sitting here thinking I shouldnt even try to put this into words but, here goes, I dont know how you got interested in this car, but the fact is that you are here. And that makes me think I know the following:

one day soon and everyday forward from that point on

you will own the most beautiful Shelby GT ever.....

the look of her sitting in driveway....waiting for you after dinner...outside a restaurant.......in your garage

her exhuast purring as you like or roaring if you desire.......

your face is going to hurt from smiling so much....

and driving used to be this much fun for me and now it is again, anyday I want.

hang in there.......There truly is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

I know, I know,,,"shut-up...you have your car".

SOON would be good-I'm absolutely certain it'll be worth it-I've waited my whole life to own a Shelby, the wait has just gotten worse since I know that I DO own a Shelby and just can't get my hands on it!!! ;)

As far as the "shut up... you have your car", no way man, you guys/gals and your stories about the cars (except Matt's infamous "list") are helping me through the wait and just making me look forward to delivery all the more. keep talkin' my Shelby brethren...

I just hope I get to be the next one posting CS#2xxx is here!!!! :D

Welcome back "wicked"... We folks who've had our cars for some time, will tell you that it was worth the wait. We've had ours since February and enjoy it every day as we bought it to drive it and yes, we have a Shelby and nobody can take that away. Everyone else on the road has "Shelby Envy" and would sell their soul to own one. :D I look at the car and say their are issues as Matt has pointed out on his "list", but its those quirks that make it our special Shelby... We'll look back on this 20 years from now and say "my Shelby had the (fill in the blank) issue and that's what makes it unique..."

Enjoy the ride!!!

Gary

Wicked old pal, glad to see you back.

Sorry I missed this post. I was at SAI when you started it so I didn't even notice the post.

It's good to see you're back and well and congrats on your success story. I'm sorry the road traveled was very bumpy and full of lots of potholes, but your on a smooth highway now with beautiful scenery and vast open space to let her loose.

I have been suggesting to everyone that the best way to cure the PSDS is to take a trip to SAI. Both of my trips to SAI has helped tremendously. Everyone there are great and they work their butts off. It is fun looking at all of the cars in the lot next door, seeing the cars in the museum, taking the tour and hanging out with some of the nicest and luckiest people in the world that I consider my friends.

Glad it all worked out for you. Sounds like the time away allowed you to clear your mind and take some action. You should post your dealer's name someday so we can all make sure we never give them any business.

Wicked old pal, glad to see you back.

Sorry I missed this post. I was at SAI when you started it so I didn't even notice the post.

It's good to see you're back and well and congrats on your success story. I'm sorry the road traveled was very bumpy and full of lots of potholes, but your on a smooth highway now with beautiful scenery and vast open space to let her loose.

I have been suggesting to everyone that the best way to cure the PSDS is to take a trip to SAI. Both of my trips to SAI has helped tremendously. Everyone there are great and they work their butts off. It is fun looking at all of the cars in the lot next door, seeing the cars in the museum, taking the tour and hanging out with some of the nicest and luckiest people in the world that I consider my friends.

Glad it all worked out for you. Sounds like the time away allowed you to clear your mind and take some action. You should post your dealer's name someday so we can all make sure we never give them any business.

Thanks Adam,

......a long road traveled to my now very happy destination.

I soo wanted to get to SAI earlier this year, but just couldnt pull it off, I am hoping I can swing it in the next 6 months. everyone's stories just make me want to meet the Vegas gang that much more (do I now have CWTMTGASS? cant wait to meet the gang at shelby syndrome!)

Funny that you mention my original dealer. Took a ride over there last night for kicks to see if "my" car was still there. and yes the genius' over at ELMWOOD FORD in Elmwood Park New Jersey still have my car sitting on their lot. its been 2 months since I was told 50k was the price and I said...see you later.

I never got out of the car, just pulled along side the car. A salesman walked over and motioned for me to roll down the window. He asked if I was interested in the car, I was driving my company car at time.

I told him "NO, I ordered that car last year, but when your greedy salesman John decided to try & charge me 50k, I told me to stick it & walked out." Oh by the way, I also mentioned that I paid 1k under sticker for the car that ended up in my garage. Told the salesman to send my love to that genius John who blow up my deal and suggested he enjoy paying floorplan for a car that is still sitting on their lot and drove away laughing. In fact I am sure I'll be laughing everytime I drive by there for a long time to come.

Just to give him his props, it was Jason (Tower Ford) that got a black SGT THE NEXT DAY & came through with the 1k under sticker deal within 24 hours of me walking out of Elmwood, thanks J.

Michael Morris had an even better deal but I couldnt wait the extra time necessary to go that route

Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone) at Tasca, I'm all booked & ready2go. Cant wait.

Archived