TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay SGT - 3 hours to go - 28K so far and no reserve

stump_breaker

Yep, Princeton is a little town of about 1,500 people close to Marquette. Somebody at that dealership is either hurtin to lose money or stupid. Keep us posted on the deal.

I'll keep you guys posted. Talked to the dealer...they were shall we say "surprised" there was no reserve.

:o "You won it for what?!?!"

They will retract the auction. I had this happen to me.

wow matt !!!!!!!!!!

You could name one " momma" and the of course you have " Mia !!! """

Wouldnt they look cool parked side by side plates that say "MOMMA " " MIA " :D :D :P

Wow...now that is AMAZING! Congratulations man, you made the deal of all autodom. I hope this dealer puts up a Super Snake next!!

Ok, update!

Yes, they didn't mean not to have a reserve. Only their third ebay listing. Seemed like a nice enough guy and as they say, what goes around comes around, so I have agreed to mutually cancel the deal. No reason to get any bad Karma!

He's sending me some stuff we talked about as thanks and all ends well.

It was worth it just to see me win it for 30K! :D

My guess is a salesman gets fired. Mike, you hiring? I'm pretty sure I know of a salesman needing a job! :lol:

Heck NO. anyone can lose money i need someone to MAKE money

michael morris

the bad thing about all this is that now someone will say "look these cars are selling on ebay for 30k" if you didnt know it was a screw up this could set the market on these cars. it happens the other way all the time. some guy has a friend run up a bid. then everyone say hey the GT500s are bringing 90k

just something to think about

michael morris

Ok, update!

Yes, they didn't mean not to have a reserve. Only their third ebay listing. Seemed like a nice enough guy and as they say, what goes around comes around, so I have agreed to mutually cancel the deal. No reason to get any bad Karma!

HEY! Don't I get a finders fee?? :D

Ok, update!

Matt,

I respect you for making the right decision. A short while ago I bid 20K at the last minute on a GT500 on Ebay. I was surprized to get an email from Ebay congratulating me on being the successful bidder. As it turned out it was an over invoice bid. I immediatly emailed the seller explaining what happened and he showed his class by allowing me to retract my bid. Your right, what goes around comes around.

Lets hope the dealer remembers this the next time he is asking ridiculous ADM's or bashing customers. They arent all bad. Just as all dealers arent all bad.

Very nice of you Matt. I hope that dealer is sending you something nice ! :D

BUT..on the other hand, I was looking forward to you having TWO cars..so when I made those trips to Chicago, you could have let me used one !! You know..you could have been the Hertz of Chicago....and every time I come to see Emily......I could have taken her around in a Shelby.

Oh well :rolleyes: :P

Very nice of you Matt. I hope that dealer is sending you something nice ! :D

BUT..on the other hand, I was looking forward to you having TWO cars..so when I made those trips to Chicago, you could have let me used one !! You know..you could have been the Hertz of Chicago....and every time I come to see Emily......I could have taken her around in a Shelby.

Oh well :rolleyes: :P

LOL...VERY true! I figured you didn't want to ride in a white one! See, it's only when you think I'm going to have a black one do you get serious! I see how it is... :o

LOL...VERY true! I figured you didn't want to ride in a white one! See, it's only when you think I'm going to have a black one do you get serious! I see how it is... :o

Ohhhhh boy...just for that.....next trip into Chicago YOU and MIA are picking me up and driving me into NW Indiana !!!! Hope MIA will have her snow tires on for that and a luggage rack on the deck lid :P

Seriously though..next time I am there...we will meet for lunch in Chicago. I do come up about 3-4 times a year. Come on down to Florida !!!!

Did you see the description on their website. It claims a 154 mph top speed! I thought top speeed was limited to around 130

robin

Ive had mine to 140 by the speedometer and I think there was a little more there but it was not limited by anything other than horespower. P1000130-745199.JPG

Okay, Matt...tell the truth...are you NOW getting a 2008 GT500 at "sticker?"

LOL...if I could get the KR or 40th Anniversary package I would! After have sat next to them side by side so much lately at the car shows I really like our car better looks wise and a lot of people say that. The GT500 looks BIG and sits really high. I really wasn't at all jealous other than the supercharger honestly.

Not saying! ;)

But you are right it will go over 30K, maybe a lot more, but I have set the bar pretty well so unless someone REALLY wants it, I'm on a mission!

Besides, how can you put a price on being able to bitch X2!

:D

Or figure out a second license plate! ;)

LOL...if I could get the KR or 40th Anniversary package I would! After have sat next to them side by side so much lately at the car shows I really like our car better looks wise and a lot of people say that. The GT500 looks BIG and sits really high. I really wasn't at all jealous other than the supercharger honestly.

Ok-I'm not the only one that thought that then. I also think the black molding along the bottom edge of the GT500 that is supposed to make the car look leaner and more raked actually looks cheap. And +1, the supercharger would be nice, but I'd be more likely to get in trouble. ;)

Archived