TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm going back to Cali (I mean Vegas)

ShelbyGT/SC

Hey all, I'm heading back to SAI tomorrow. I can't wait. I have several things to discuss with SAI and since I still can't make up my mind whether to get the black Razors, Silver Razors or SuperSnake wheels, I want to see them first-hand so I can finally make my decision.

I will likely try to login at the airport tomorrow morning so if any of you have any questions you'd like me to ask, shoot away and I hope I can get to them all. Just please make them real questions and not complaints. No I won't ask about the Grabber since I already know the answers and don't want to get anyone in trouble. I hope Amy doesn't get mad at me LOL. Maybe I'll take some pics of them, but I won't post them. :P

I also made some CD's for the SAI team. I got the final final final song from Barry tonight. I'll post it when I'm at SAI tomorrow or have someone there do it. Or, Barry will have it on his myspace account in his sig. Barry, feel free to post on my google group where the other ones are if you'd like.

Oh, and regarding the title of this post, "I'm going back to Cali" is a song if you weren't aware.

Well, I have to pack and get some sleep so I can get up in 4 hours.

Hey all, I'm heading back to SAI tomorrow. I can't wait. I have several things to discuss with SAI and since I still can't make up my mind whether to get the black Razors, Silver Razors or SuperSnake wheels, I want to see them first-hand so I can finally make my decision.

I will likely try to login at the airport tomorrow morning so if any of you have any questions you'd like me to ask, shoot away and I hope I can get to them all. Just please make them real questions and not complaints.

I also made some CD's for the SAI team. I got the final final final song from Barry tonight. I'll post it when I'm at SAI tomorrow or have someone there do it.

Oh, and regarding the title of this post, "I'm going back to Cali" is a song if you weren't aware.

Well, I have to pack and get some sleep so I can get up in 4 hours.

Can you get some pics of the different wheels(preferably on each colored car) and post when you get back?

Have a safe trip Adam.

Give me a call after your meeting.

Will do.

Can you get some pics of the different wheels(preferably on each colored car) and post when you get back?

Absolutely will try, if they have them on the cars.

Have fun, and good luck cornering John. He'll be busy...

When I was there, they had a set of black 20" Razors on a blue GT500 40th anniversary package. They also had a set of the gray ones on a CS6. Finally, they had all four of the types from Carrol Shelby Wheels, but the cs56s were chrome, not black. Unfortunately, this set up did little to help me make up my mind as they didn't have any 18" Razors, nor were any of the CS wheel mounted. Nice to see them, though.

What an unbelievable experience again. This company is unbelievable and the things coming down the pike are overwhelmingly exciting!

It was great meeting with Amy. She gave me some great insite about my car and other stuff. I got so see some really cool cars and more.

I am writing this while at SAI. You can all just reply to me at adamo@shelbyautos.com. Just kidding. Feel free to email me at that address but it wouldn't work. Maybe someday. LOL

Anyway, I wish everyone could come here and experience this. Then you would all understand how and why and when for all your questions. They are all great here and really are working their butts off. I wish all the complaining lately would subside because the solutions are really happening. I saw some of the fixes and they look great. Please be more patient. I even saw things with my car but I wasn't concerned at all as they will get fixed.

Since my car is already registered and insured, they let me take it while here. Some of us went out for dinner last night using my car. It was great. I took pics this morning of my car sitting right in front of the rear entrance overhead door - with the MFG plates on it. It was like 40 years ago. I also heard they have MFG plates here too. I snapped a pic of one of the cars. I'll post the pics when I get back.

I also met Bill Woebkenberg. His is the Ford SVT engineer working on some concept projects. He told me he was the person who designed the sound of the SGT. I have him on film explaining the whole thing. He gave me permission to put it on this forum. I will when I get back. It was great stuff. I hope I did a good job with the video. With my luck, I have his forehead the whole time as I wasn't looking at the screen, I was watching him instead. Well, at least I have the audio.

Catch you all later. This is way too much fun. :P

What an unbelievable experience again. I wish I could say everything about all I've seen and heard, but it's too much and naturally I can't. This company is unbelievable and the things coming down the pike are overwhelmingly exciting!

It was great meeting with Amy. She gave me some great insite about my car and other stuff. I got so see some really cool cars and more.

I am writing this while at SAI. They let me sit in one of the offices. I wish I could say which one. You can all just reply to me at adamo@shelbyautos.com. Just kidding, no I'm not. Feel free to email me at that address but it wouldn't work. Maybe someday. LOL

Anyway, I wish everyone could come here and experience this. Then you would all understand how and why and when for all your questions. They are all great here and really are working their butts off. I wish all the complaining lately would subside because the solutions are really happening. I saw some of the fixes and they look great. Please be more patient. I even saw things with my car but I wasn't concerned at all as they will get fixed.

Since my car is already registered and insured, they let me take it while here. Some of us went out for dinner last night using my car. It was great. I took pics this morning of my car sitting right in front of the rear entrance overhead door - with the MFG plates on it. It was like 40 years ago. I also heard they have MFG plates here too. I snapped a pic of one of the cars. I'll post the pics when I get back.

I also met Bill Woebkenberg. His is the Ford SVT engineer working on some concept projects. He told me he was the person who designed the sound of the SGT. I have him on film explaining the whole thing. He gave me permission to put it on this forum. I will when I get back. It was great stuff. I hope I did a good job with the video. With my luck, I have his forehead the whole time as I wasn't looking at the screen, I was watching him instead. Well, at least I have the audio.

Catch you all later. I have to go and learn more secrets LOL. :P

Dont forget to snatch me a lower grill and driving lights !!!!!! :D :D :P

Adam, ask when the lower driving lights is going to be coming out. I know you can get them installed at SAI but what about the ones for sale on the parts site? I have my grill waiting to be installed but I need lightage! Let us know :)

Adam, ask when the lower driving lights is going to be coming out. I know you can get them installed at SAI but what about the ones for sale on the parts site? I have my grill waiting to be installed but I need lightage! Let us know :)

Glad that you are having an awsome time Adam. You are probaly the most dedicated soul on here and a great person at that!

What an unbelievable experience again. I wish I could say everything about all I've seen and heard, but it's too much and naturally I can't. This company is unbelievable and the things coming down the pike are overwhelmingly exciting!

I am writing this while at SAI. They let me sit in one of the offices. I wish I could say which one. You can all just reply to me at adamo@shelbyautos.com. Just kidding, no I'm not. Feel free to email me at that address but it wouldn't work. Maybe someday. LOL

Catch you all later. I have to go and learn more secrets LOL. :P

Adam,

thanks for the report. While your there ask John how progress in the mod shop is coming. Wish I was there with you.

Dave

Hey Adam,

Since you already have a desk....why dont you just stay. Show up every day, be productive, you never know, if you are real helpful, maybe people wont be asking "who's that?"

You could be HR Director of the Forum Members!

You could hire Matt as web design director!

You could hire me as test driver on developmental projects!

You could hire M. Morris as Master Instructor to Shelby/Ford Dealer Network!

You could hire Stump as Master Tinkerer!

Just a few ideas...I dont want to flood you.....afterall, you were there ONLY one day and you already have a desk.

MWS

Hey Adam,

Since you already have a desk....why dont you just stay. Show up every day, be productive, you never know, if you are real helpful, maybe people wont be asking "who's that?"

You could be HR Director of the Forum Members!

You could hire Matt as web design director!

You could hire me as test driver on developmental projects!

You could hire M. Morris as Master Instructor to Shelby/Ford Dealer Network!

You could hire Stump as Master Tinkerer!

Just a few ideas...I dont want to flood you.....afterall, you were there ONLY one day and you already have a desk.

MWS

:lol:

Welcome Garth! That upper and lower grille, I believe, is avalible from Shelby Performance Parts. It is listed on their web site. I spoke with Adam on the grille selection he chose and he told me it is the C6/C8 Grille assembly.

I'm a bit confused. The grille obviously is from the CS6, but on the SPP website it says this grille only fits the CS6 fascia and this is a Shelby GT i.e. CS fascia, which is different. Same goes for the lower grille. The opening in the CS6 fascia is different than in the CS fascia found on the Shelby GT. The store only lists a single lower grille for the Shelby GT. Also, on the sides at the bottom are brake ducts only, whereas I have previously seen fog light/brake duct combos. I think these are new parts that haven't been released yet. Maybe Adam can give some feedback on this car? BTW, I love the grey with the dark stripes, that would look hot with black wheels.

That car was in the museum and it did look great. I love the colors too. It also had anthracite/gunmetal Razors (sorry the pics were dark). It was a CS model (can't recall whether a 6 or 8 but I think an 8). And yes, it did have a SGT/Cali Special fascia as you mentioned.

As for the grille, I agree and have decided on this grille for my car as RossGT mentioned. However, they aren't making this lower grille unless they get a strong interest. I wish they did make it. They made just this one since it was a prototype. I am trying to find someone who will make it for me and send it to SAI before my car is done so I can get that look (and if SAI will let me). Maybe if there is enough interest sooner than later, they'll make it???

Thanks for the info. I would definitely get that lower grill if it were available. By the way, there is a thread on another forum dealing with this. Some guy at the Mustang Source says he is going to make one for his Cali Special (http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63172) and there is a website from a guy in England who actually fabricated one himself (http://www.mustang-gtcs.info/). He did a pretty good job, but not quite as nice as that one at Shelby. Maybe if enough of us speak up, they'll make it for us?! For now, I'd be happy if the fog lights were available. BTW, I spoke to Keith Criswell last week and he said they weren't happy with the kit they had, so they are getting a new one made to sell as a kit through SPP. He told me to check the website at the start of September.

Thanks for the info. I would definitely get that lower grill if it were available. By the way, there is a thread on another forum dealing with this. Some guy at the Mustang Source says he is going to make one for his Cali Special (http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63172) and there is a website from a guy in England who actually fabricated one himself (http://www.mustang-gtcs.info/). He did a pretty good job, but not quite as nice as that one at Shelby. Maybe if enough of us speak up, they'll make it for us?! For now, I'd be happy if the fog lights were available. BTW, I spoke to Keith Criswell last week and he said they weren't happy with the kit they had, so they are getting a new one made to sell as a kit through SPP. He told me to check the website at the start of September.

Thanks for the info Garth. I'll look into this in addition to the following:

I spoke with Bud today about this. He is looking into it for me. I hope they can do something for us. Maybe those interested will join in and express your interest. Just to play it safe, I ordered a CS6 grille from SPP today. When my car arrives at SAI, I will fab my own lower grille with rivets and give to them to install prior to my taking delivery. Then when SAI does mfg them, I'll replace it.

Archived