TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#2958 is Home

SMGT

Just picked up at Noon today! It left Vegas Monday morning and arrived here in Western NY 8AM this morning. I liked the shifter right away and have hit every gear but the effort is a little higher than I would like and I am hoping it will break in. Car gets a lot of attention and it sounds amazing. Very fun to drive. In addition to what you can see in the pics it also has the IUP and sequential tail lights which are cool.

Just picked up at Noon today! It left Vegas Monday morning and arrived here in Western NY 8AM this morning. I liked the shifter right away and have hit every gear but the effort is a little higher than I would like and I am hoping it will break in. Car gets a lot of attention and it sounds amazing. Very fun to drive. In addition to what you can see in the pics it also has the IUP and sequential tail lights which are cool.

CONGRATS-----

if I don't get to mak a post like this soon @##$#%#@$@$$@$$$$$@$@$&%***( aaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS-----

if I don't get to mak a post like this soon @##$#%#@$@$$@$$$$$@$@$&%***( aaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and hang in there. After all this waiting - since Dec - today did not even seem real. The car is a blast you will love it.

And SAI painted the fascia but the mirrors were covered with DG mirror covers that they painted to match and they did a nice job. I think I had those about three months before I got the actual car!!

Thanks and hang in there. After all this waiting - since Dec - today did not even seem real. The car is a blast you will love it.

And SAI painted the fascia but the mirrors were covered with DG mirror covers that they painted to match and they did a nice job. I think I had those about three months before I got the actual car!!

Nice nice. I also noticed the mirrors and the valance, look sharp. I like it. Congrat's.

Congrats!

Noticed, painted mirrors and front lower valance. Nice touch.

Congrats.

I noticed the matching white mailbox post with attached black mailbox sticking out the top of the roof. Love it. Wish I had that option.

I also noticed a small pebble stuck in the tread of your rear tire. It's right on the very top.

And, there is one tiny bubble in the stripe on the bumper.

:D

Matches mine!

;)

Seriously congratulations! The shifter gets WAY better!

Looks great!

Have fun!

hey when did you order the car and when did it get to SAI?

Matches mine!

;)

Seriously congratulations! The shifter gets WAY better!

Looks great!

Have fun!

hey when did you order the car and when did it get to SAI?

Thanks all. And that hood scoop is driving me crazy - oh wait I don't have one! Have not had a chance to inspect all the stripes yet but the car looks pretty clean so far.

And the car was ordered in December, built at the beginning of March, and it arrived at SAI late March.

Since I posted late last night I forgot the best part about getting the car yesterday. I decided to surprise my 3 year old daughter and pick her up at day care in the Shelby. She is very educated and has been asking, "Daddy why is your car taking so long?". I did not feel like getting in to discussions with a three year old about waiting for the mod shop to come on line so I just told her to be patient. Anyway after I loaded her in to the car and started the engine her firs comment was, "Bear, Growl!!" Then she had fun finding all the horses on the car as she loves all animals and whenever I took her to a dealer to look at Mustangs she would always point out all the horses on the car. She and the wife love the car so I guess it's a keeper.

Im noticing that the CSM tag on the dash, The signature is Black, On mine 0571, it is in blue? What other changes were made along the way?

I like that hood by the way :)

Congrats.

I noticed the matching white mailbox post with attached black mailbox sticking out the top of the roof. Love it. Wish I had that option.

I also noticed a small pebble stuck in the tread of your rear tire. It's right on the very top.

:D

Adam- Did you also notice the white matching pin stripe on the bottom of the left bolt on screen saver? Use you jewelers glasses, you'll love it! :lol::lol:

Swede

I've had mine for 2 week and it keeps getting better. Got the hang of the shifter. Pretty smooth now.

I didn't know Shelby would paint mirrors and facia??? Looks really nice.

My kids (12 and 7 year old boys) beg to go for rides. Bonding is great but I have a feeling they are

thinking, inheritance.

SAI painted the fascia but the mirrors are covered. Bought them prepainted from DG Custom auto. I like these better than the ones that only cover the top of the mirror. www.dgcustomauto.com.

Took me about 5 minutes to install both.

Thanks all. And that hood scoop is driving me crazy - oh wait I don't have one! Have not had a chance to inspect all the stripes yet but the car looks pretty clean so far.

And the car was ordered in December, built at the beginning of March, and it arrived at SAI late March.

Since I posted late last night I forgot the best part about getting the car yesterday. I decided to surprise my 3 year old daughter and pick her up at day care in the Shelby. She is very educated and has been asking, "Daddy why is your car taking so long?". I did not feel like getting in to discussions with a three year old about waiting for the mod shop to come on line so I just told her to be patient. Anyway after I loaded her in to the car and started the engine her firs comment was, "Bear, Growl!!" Then she had fun finding all the horses on the car as she loves all animals and whenever I took her to a dealer to look at Mustangs she would always point out all the horses on the car. She and the wife love the car so I guess it's a keeper.

Hey SMGT,

Very nice, I also ordered the painted mirror covers, sequential tail lights and CS6 hood. I didn't know I could get the hood without the pins or I may have ordered it that way. Nice call. I'm glad to see the cars with lesser modifications are making it through the mod shop. My Arrived at SAI date was in mid April so hopefully i'll see mine soon. Man the waiting is hard. Enjoy your car!

Dave

Now you're just being mean!

I hope the birds use your hood as a bath when it fills up with water!

:blink:

:P

That won't be a problem I just took my cordless drill and put a few drain holes in the hood. Looks pretty sweet!

And yes the dealer told me how water these hoods hold and I am thinking I can use my auto sqeegee to get most of it out of there or a couple dozens rolls of Bounty...

That won't be a problem I just took my cordless drill and put a few drain holes in the hood. Looks pretty sweet!

And yes the dealer told me how water these hoods hold and I am thinking I can use my auto sqeegee to get most of it out of there or a couple dozens rolls of Bounty...

SMGT, Car looks great. Lower facsia....excellent choice and the matching mirrors. The black mirrors on the white car was one of the only things I didn't like. The CS6 hood pin delete, great minds think alike. LOL

Congratulations and enjoy your ride,

Dave

SMGT--Nice car, tasteful mods. I did not have the patience to wait on mods, but your selection pretty much mirrors what I would have chosen. Regarding the DG mirror covers; they came prepainted from DG? Five minute install...are you happy with the mounting procedure and quality? I too like the full cover. Congratulations.

Yes you order them in the color you want and they already have the 3M double sided tape in them. I cleaned my mirrors with alcohol, did a test fit, then peeled all the tape and pressed them on. That's it and they look great. Paint quality seems to be very good and a great match.

SMGT, Car looks great. Lower facsia....excellent choice and the matching mirrors. The black mirrors on the white car was one of the only things I didn't like. The CS6 hood pin delete, great minds think alike. LOL

Congratulations and enjoy your ride,

Dave

Thanks. Very happy with the hood choice. It looks great from the outside and especially cool from the driver's seat. Also got the sequential tail lights and they are great.

Yes you order them in the color you want and they already have the 3M double sided tape in them. I cleaned my mirrors with alcohol, did a test fit, then peeled all the tape and pressed them on. That's it and they look great. Paint quality seems to be very good and a great match.

Thanks. Very happy with the hood choice. It looks great from the outside and especially cool from the driver's seat. Also got the sequential tail lights and they are great.

Could you post a close up picture of the painted lower grill from a straight on shot? I'd like to see a different view as I am considering doing this too. Thanks,

Dave

Could you post a close up picture of the painted lower grill from a straight on shot? I'd like to see a different view as I am considering doing this too. Thanks,

Dave

Okay I will post a pic for you as soon as I can.

Okay its in the gallery.

Thanks for posting the pic. I think I'm going to talk to my local body shop about painting mine when my car arrives . John says it's done just waiting for the truck to my dealer.

Dave

Archived