TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown TX added a spoiler

Scary

All the Shelby GT's coming from the vegas plant are listed as spoiler delete so it's no wonder this car hasn't sold in four months. Some AZZHAT retard in thier body dept felt this car absolutly needed a spoiler. So he got out his drill and punctured the trunk up to four times to apply this spoiler. You'll note that it's not even set on there right because the front points of the spoiler actually touch the fenders! Since they destroyed it, and its been there for four months, i offered them 29k cash for it. The pricky cocky little manager guy was like, "Oh ill get 44k for this car easy". So fellow shelby folks, lets make sure we boycott this company that likes to destroy icons.

IMG_3966Medium.jpg

IMG_3965Medium.jpg

IMG_3964Medium.jpg

IMG_3963Medium.jpg

IMG_3962Medium.jpg

IMG_3961Medium.jpg

IMG_3960Medium.jpg

I mean you should have just brought in your gun and handed him $29,0000 cash, I would have turned it down too! Sorry for being so frank, but a $29K offer for a SGT with a bad spoiler, unreal! I would never boycott a dealer for NOT taking a steal of an offer like that, you should be ashamed by trying to get them boycotted for not taking your SGT market ruining offer. Sorry again for being so up front, but $29K!!!! B)

I mean you should have just brought in your gun and handed him $29,0000 cash, I would have turned it down too! Sorry for being so frank, but a $29K offer for a SGT with a bad spoiler, unreal! I would never boycott a dealer for NOT taking a steal of an offer like that, you should be ashamed by trying to get them boycotted for not taking your SGT market ruining offer. Sorry again for being so up front, but $29K!!!! B)

No, my 29k offer was purely out of anger for what they did to this car. But you also have to understand, this dealership has a history of screwing up peoples credit and what-not. I just can't believe they poorly applied a spoiler to a car that clearly advertises "Spoiler delete". I wasn't intending to "Scam a deal" at all.

No, my 29k offer was purely out of anger for what they did to this car. But you also have to understand, this dealership has a history of screwing up peoples credit and what-not. I just can't believe they poorly applied a spoiler to a car that clearly advertises "Spoiler delete". I wasn't intending to "Scam a deal" at all.

No blood no foul. B)

No blood no foul. B)

That is a horrible install on the spoiler, but I do think the GT 500 spoilers look awesome on the cars. I have one, ready to paint, stripe kit in hand, but I am still "pondering".

Some guy at the Ford dealer ( a customer) said to me yesterday...oh man..don't add a spoiler...he said you will devalue the car 30 years from now ! :blink: I said... I won't care 30 years from now....I will be dead !!!! :D :P

If my grandaughter wants to remove it and paint the decklid..so be it ! ( don't worry swede..i wont post another picture of her ! ) :P :D

That is a horrible install on the spoiler, but I do think the GT 500 spoilers look awesome on the cars. I have one, ready to paint, stripe kit in hand, but I am still "pondering".

Some guy at the Ford dealer ( a customer) said to me yesterday...oh man..don't add a spoiler...he said you will devalue the car 30 years from now ! :blink: I said... I won't care 30 years from now....I will be dead !!!! :D :P

If my grandaughter wants to remove it and paint the decklid..so be it ! ( don't worry swede..i wont post another picture of her ! ) :P :D

I also have a GT500 spoiler in hand, already painted, it came that way, 225.00 delivered to my door

Iam waiting on the stripe kit, I also cant deside. But i think Iam going to install it

And also why would a dealer sell it that cheap when he/she can get a new trunk the same color for maybe $500 and swap it out??!

What burns my a*s more than the spoiler is that stupid dealer logo on the deck lid. I have seen this time and again and if mine had it on the car I would have freaked.

Am I missing something. We paid for a spoiler in the base Mustang GT package?

The car is built without one. So, FORD pockets the difference?

Where's my freaking spoiler? I could put it on my Toyota Sienna, or hang it on my game room

wall as a souvenir. Or sell it on Ebay to another Mustang owner.

I feel violated. <_<

Its on the shelf next to the oil filter Auto!LOL No it was a "spoiler delete" in the options. I dont know if it was an additional price or a deletion. Common sense says it should be delete on the price but this is America, nothing makes sense anymore.

Yikes!

:(

Sad...

I wouldn't have been too happy about the big MACK HAIK decal on the back either! :angry:

I also have a GT500 spoiler in hand, already painted, it came that way, 225.00 delivered to my door

Iam waiting on the stripe kit, I also cant deside. But i think Iam going to install it

I have the GT500 spoiler sitting at the dealership painted and waiting to be striped until the car gets here so they can line them up right-they are going to install it prior to delivery and then 30 years from now my value will be just fine due to a "dealer installed option"-watch Barrett Jcakson, many of the 60's muscle cars have dealer installed options and sell for the same if not higher than the others

Let us not come across as prude, we are Mustang fans. I have yet to own a FORD and am 45 years old. The 2007 Shelby GT Mustang has my attention.

I was disappointed when I saw the spoiler attached to the trunk.

P1040703.jpg

P1040702.jpg

Then I saw a photo of a carrier loaded with 'defective' Hertz Rent-a-Racers.

gth610-1024.jpg

If the very kind salesperson in Georgetown had accepted my offer two weeks ago, the 'defective' Shelby GT would be sitting in front of my apartment, where it should be located.

A month ago, Mr. Morris in Georgia told me about www.carrollshelbywheels.com

The 20" CS 69 wheels (Hyper-Black) go well with the GT spoiler.

PhotosShelby_JUL2007958.gif

Spoke with a CS Wheel rep who said the mold is made for the 18" CS 69 wheel and will be available for purchase by AUG 20, 2007.

Happy Trails

Love the CS 69's in black. They do look great. Thniking of getting mine in 20's from the same person. ;)

I think when you look at that car vs the GT-H it just looks installed incorrectly. Maybe it's the angle of the shot. Just does not look the same.

Love the CS 69's in black. They do look great. Thniking of getting mine in 20's from the same person. ;)

I think when you look at that car vs the GT-H it just looks installed incorrectly. Maybe it's the angle of the shot. Just does not look the same.

You are correct, but as they say about a looker, 'I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.'

There is space between the wing bottom and the trunk on the racer, but very little gap between the wing bottom and trunk on the showroom floor ride. Would like to know if the holes line up on this trunk and the holes for the GT 500 spoiler.

Like the looks of the 20" CS 69 wheel, but would like a donut, jack, and lug wrench in the trunk of my next car. Am reluctant to wait on the side of the road for GEICO or AAA roadside service to arrive.

You are correct, but as they say about a looker, 'I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.'

There is space between the wing bottom and the trunk on the racer, but very little gap between the wing bottom and trunk on the showroom floor ride. Would like to know if the holes line up on this trunk and the holes for the GT 500 spoiler.

Like the looks of the 20" CS 69 wheel, but would like a donut, jack, and lug wrench in the trunk of my next car. Am reluctant to wait on the side of the road for GEICO or AAA roadside service to arrive.

That is definitely not a Mustang GT spoiler and looks like it was left on the car by accident when someone was walking by. Anyway I really thought I wanted a spoiler on my car until I picked it up yesterday and now I do not know for sure. Seeing this car in photos can not compare to seeing it in person. Now that I have it I will live with it for a while as is. And for my two cents I really like the CDC duckbutt spoier on Jason's CS8. I like how it covers the 3rd brake light and there is a lot of room for the SHELBY letters. If I ever do go with one I would probably go with the duckbutt.

I have had the opportunity to use an inflatable kit on my 02 Z06, worked ok and got me home. I was skeptical also. They do work. But nothing like the security of a "real" spare.

That is definitely not a Mustang GT spoiler and looks like it was left on the car by accident when someone was walking by. Anyway I really thought I wanted a spoiler on my car until I picked it up yesterday and now I do not know for sure. Seeing this car in photos can not compare to seeing it in person. Now that I have it I will live with it for a while as is. And for my two cents I really like the CDC duckbutt spoier on Jason's CS8. I like how it covers the 3rd brake light and there is a lot of room for the SHELBY letters. If I ever do go with one I would probably go with the duckbutt.

I like the Roush but prefer the Shelby. However, the Roush spoiler looks good on the white Mustang.

P1020867.jpg

Maybe he's just trying really hard to hide the bug on the rear deck lid...

I wouldn't have been too happy about the big MACK HAIK decal on the back either! :angry:

Why is it that dealers do this? If they want me to advertise for them, then let's talk about it and we'll decide how much this service will be worth. Otherwise, LEAVE THE CAR ALONE. :angry:

I don't so much mind the plastic license plate surrounds with the dealer's name on it as they are easier to remove if not wanted. Heck, they may stay on for a month or so until I get around to removing them.

Sorry, Michael. Now mine will have "Wayne Morris Ford" scrolled from the front fenders to the rear fenders in 10" letters, won't it? :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I was told that the spoiler on the showroom car was installed by a very slow person named Lou in the body shop. This car came from shelby with NO holes in the truck but now has had them drilled in to make this spoiler stay on the car but not fit correctly. I'm not sure why its even mounted in such a manner that it touches the fenders when the trunk is closed. Thanks for getting the addtional pics Torkewrench1807.

I think Roush did the spoiler best, and have one coming for my car. Don't shoot me :D

I bought my gt from hutchson ford in St.James Mo. 10 miles on it nothing wrong with the car good service,and will shop there again ,why do people messed these cars up ??? stg

I bought my gt from hutchson ford in St.James Mo. 10 miles on it nothing wrong with the car good service,and will shop there again ,why do people messed these cars up ??? stg

Archived