TEAM SHELBY FORUM

comunication problem with shelby

dmagner1

my dealer has called shelby twice to get a replacement drivers side stripe but nobody returns a call

its been 2 weeks. if any body at shelby reads this ..its sorens ford in brookfield wi

Your dealer is calling the wrong place if they are calling SAI for a warranty replacement. If so they need to call Ford Racing, the 800 number that came in the warranty information package in your car, is where you need to go to get this resolved. Ford Racing handles ALL warranty work, SAI, Ford Racing, and Ford.

On the other hand you messed up the stripe and need to buy a new one then you're calling the right place.

Your dealer is calling the wrong place if they are calling SAI for a warranty replacement. If so they need to call Ford Racing, the 800 number that came in the warranty information package in your car, is where you need to go to get this resolved. Ford Racing handles ALL warranty work, SAI, Ford Racing, and Ford.

On the other hand you messed up the stripe and need to buy a new one then you're calling the right place.

What I was told (you know, take it or leave it) is Ford Racing approves the repair and then gets the stripe from SAI. I'm in the same boat as dmag.

Cool thing though, the service guy I'm using for the "Shelby" is named "Selby". Coincidence? :D

It makes it easy to remember with whom to talk.

Of course it could be like Nostradamus calling "Hitler" "Hister". :unsure: ( I know, very obscure reference but it's a slow day)

They may be calling the wrong 800 number. If they would have called here, Doug would have told them to call 1-800-367-3788 to start the claim. After they call that number, the warranty company emails us and the striping company. When they get the email, the striping company sends out the stripe the next day (or same day, depending on the time) and they will over night the stripe to the dealer. If it has been two weeks, your dealer may have been calling the wrong number.

Also, even though I no longer work the claims part of it, I do over see every claim that comes through. I will do a search again for the dealer that you named, but it does not look familiar. We also have run into dealers saying that they never recieved stripes, scoops etc, and when we run the tracking number, it shows that the parts have been there a while. It seems that at times the dealer will recieve the part and it goes to the wrong department and nody knows its there.

Bud

They may be calling the wrong 800 number. If they would have called here, Doug would have told them to call 1-800-367-3788 to start the claim. After they call that number, the warranty company emails us and the striping company. When they get the email, the striping company sends out the stripe the next day (or same day, depending on the time) and they will over night the stripe to the dealer. If it has been two weeks, your dealer may have been calling the wrong number.

Also, even though I no longer work the claims part of it, I do over see every claim that comes through. I will do a search again for the dealer that you named, but it does not look familiar. We also have run into dealers saying that they never recieved stripes, scoops etc, and when we run the tracking number, it shows that the parts have been there a while. It seems that at times the dealer will recieve the part and it goes to the wrong department and nody knows its there.

Bud

Bud, I had my hood stripe replaced less than two weeks ago. The body shop guy that put it on said it was damaged (scratches) when he pulled it from the package, but he put it on anyway since he took the old one off. Needless to say I am not happy with it and told them. The service manager said he called SAI and they told him only one set of replacement stripes per customer. The dealership also told me that Ford took away the digital camera's for warranty purposes. It appears that someone may not be telling me the truth :angry:

Bud, I had my hood stripe replaced less than two weeks ago. The body shop guy that put it on said it was damaged (scratches) when he pulled it from the package, but he put it on anyway since he took the old one off. Needless to say I am not happy with it and told them. The service manager said he called SAI and they told him only one set of replacement stripes per customer. The dealership also told me that Ford took away the digital camera's for warranty purposes. It appears that someone may not be telling me the truth :angry:

They're STILL making me take pictures.

Matt

Maybe you should consider returning the entire car.....of course that would mean back to vin status tracking and psds...on second thought...keep it and work through it. Steve

Humm...could be fun though! I love telling stories of the VIN tracker at Car shows! ;-)

Have three this weekend....where the heck are you!!!!!

We also have run into dealers saying that they never received stripes, scoops etc, and when we run the tracking number, it shows that the parts have been there a while. It seems that at times the dealer will receive the part and it goes to the wrong department and nobody knows its there.

Bud

Ok, somethings up here. The dealership just called today and nearly these exact same words were spoken! It was scary........ :blink:

:D

Archived