TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forgive my ignorance...but......

sdear

Sue,

I think that the deal SAI has with Ford includes the componants of the Power Pac, Handling Pac, Shifter etc.

So the actual componants they change would be the CAI and tune. Any it has been discussed on some other thread that the tuner does not come with the car either.

I assume for cost saving measures and increased profitability on the Shelby pkg.

Weren't these cars suppose to have a Ford Performance Racing oil filter in them ? I just had my first oil change, and there was a stock GT oil filter in it. :huh: :blink:

Interesting...this is now REALLY making me mad. Here I was the fool thinking I had to order these to keep it stock! Whoa, dumb me!

Even Ford in the brochure, MN# M-0800-P07 states that the "FR Power Upgrade Package" is standard on the SGT. There in all its glory, nice picture, called out is the "Performance Oil Filter (Part# M-5230-TA). Makes one wonder what else isn't truly there!

Maybe SAI can provide us a list of the items that are a part of the FRPP and the FRHP which are NOT really included.

Oh and let's not forget the special calibration stickers!

:angry:

Why am I getting more upset?

:unsure:

Naturally you can decide what you want to spend but I use a regular old standard issue oil filter made for the 4.6. There have not been enough modifications to warrant a special oil filter unless you just want it.

There is no reason to spend $18,$19 or $20 on a filter that is just going to be tossed in 3000 miles

Wow, that is a surprise! I just checked and I don't have one either. What's surprising about it, besides the fact the Ford advertises it (and other items) as being part of the package (therefore Ford and Shelby are guilty of FALSE ADVERTISING in my opinion), I believe that the Ford Racing filter is part of the package because the CAI air filter does not filter particles quite as well as a standard Mustang GT filter would, therefore better oil filtration is warranted.

Wow, that is a surprise! I just checked and I don't have one either. What's surprising about it, besides the fact the Ford advertises it (and other items) as being part of the package (therefore Ford and Shelby are guilty of FALSE ADVERTISING in my opinion), I believe that the Ford Racing filter is part of the package because the CAI air filter does not filter particles quite as well as a standard Mustang GT filter would, therefore better oil filtration is warranted.

Well...I am getting more upset as the night goes on.....i get home...look at the front of the car, and one of the hood pins is gone ! The part that goes in the hood post.....gone..dangling in the wind.

This is very frustrating on a 40,000 plus car :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyone have Amy's email address?

Naturally you can decide what you want to spend but I use a regular old standard issue oil filter made for the 4.6. There have not been enough modifications to warrant a special oil filter unless you just want it.

There is no reason to spend $18,$19 or $20 on a filter that is just going to be tossed in 3000 miles

So why does Ford Racing include them and recommend them for our configuration? Gee, I hope one day they don't deny a warranty claim over it.

:angry:

Well...I am getting more upset as the night goes on.....i get home...look at the front of the car, and one of the hood pins is gone ! The part that goes in the hood post.....gone..dangling in the wind.

This is very frustrating on a 40,000 plus car :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyone have Amy's email address?

Yikes! Mine slips out but at least it stays on! Humm..I better go check...

Try:

amyb@shelbyautos.com

But be ready to call Jeff at Ford Racing...oh, and take a picture!

:unsure:

Mine suppopsedly had the Ford Racing filter, although the sticker was missing..

For the first oil change, I used a regular Motorcraft filter from AutoZone..

Like others have said, there aren't any modifications to warrant the use of a filter that has to be ordered..

I have a BAD feeling that Shelby will end up being sued class action wise on alot of stuff. They have really dropped the ball BIG TIME. Would I file suit against them personally or class action, NO WAY, but there are many pissed off SGT owners out there and with everything else coming on board, whoa! Watch out because things are going to get ugly. No delivery, but BIG PROMISES! Thast the first rule they broke.

I still love my car!

I disagree. I think SAI will come through but it's taking more time than planned. We're just a "I want it now" society and in this instance, it can't be operated that way due to varying circumstances. Remember, this is a company that has come from 6 million in debt and on the brink of bankruptcy to breaking even and signing big contracts all within 1 1/2 years! That's a big bite to chew on and swallow. They have always come through for me in varying time frames although granted, I do not have most of the issues listed in the forums.

Besides, a lawsuit over a filter? It's not like they spilled coffee in our laps! :lol:

(I know you mean on a more broad scale, I was just being funny)

This is what it boiled down to to SAI and Carroll's pocket-

6000 SGT's x $11.00 ( wholesale oil filter cost) = $66,000.00 (just the cost of a SuperSnake is all!!!)

Wow, thats alot of money. What else did they leave out, accidently?!? :unsure:

I really didnt start this to start a debate...I was just "unsure" if a FRP filter was suppose to be there?? And does it need one.

I figured it had one since someone posted the catalog the other day, and I found that "pack" that has been put in these cars and it included the filter. When I went for my oil change yesterday, I told the mechanic to put one in if it had one in, and he said it just had a stock filter in it.

We definately have similar issues..ie hood scoop....stripes...hood pins...exhaust rattles....and they are getting fixed....slowly !

The response I have had from SAI has always been good and fairly fast, my frustration lies with the amount of time on my days off I have had to spend on a 40,000 car. I am not done. Hood scoop still needs work. Now my hood pin fell off. There are definately some quality control issues that they need to work on.

I will give them a reasonable amount of time to make my scoop right.....and I am sure they will.

Like I said, my frustration is in the amount of time I have had to spend. I had an 04 GT prior to this...and barely spent an hour after I bought it fixing problems. Granted..I did have an initial dealer that was not real good, but hopefully that problem has been resolved.

My concern is when they do get a fix on the scoop...I just dont know who I will trust to fix it. Current dealer doesnt have a body shop, so SAI will have to guide me on who to have repair.

The filter is small compared to other issues..i am just curious why it wasnt there if it was part of that pack they add on.

Thanks,

Sue

I really didnt start this to start a debate...I was just "unsure" if a FRP filter was suppose to be there?? And does it need one.

I figured it had one since someone posted the catalog the other day, and I found that "pack" that has been put in these cars and it included the filter. When I went for my oil change yesterday, I told the mechanic to put one in if it had one in, and he said it just had a stock filter in it.

We definately have similar issues..ie hood scoop....stripes...hood pins...exhaust rattles....and they are getting fixed....slowly !

The response I have had from SAI has always been good and fairly fast, my frustration lies with the amount of time on my days off I have had to spend on a 40,000 car. I am not done. Hood scoop still needs work. Now my hood pin fell off. There are definately some quality control issues that they need to work on.

I will give them a reasonable amount of time to make my scoop right.....and I am sure they will.

Like I said, my frustration is in the amount of time I have had to spend. I had an 04 GT prior to this...and barely spent an hour after I bought it fixing problems. Granted..I did have an initial dealer that was not real good, but hopefully that problem has been resolved.

My concern is when they do get a fix on the scoop...I just dont know who I will trust to fix it. Current dealer doesnt have a body shop, so SAI will have to guide me on who to have repair.

The filter is small compared to other issues..i am just curious why it wasnt there if it was part of that pack they add on.

Thanks,

Sue

I have had no issue with the Ford side of the car. The only things I've had to correct are associated with the SAI installation. Fortunately, all of those things I've fixed myself except for the hood scoop which is a work in process like everyone else. As far as the Ford part of the equation, the car is perfect! (knock on wood)

Guys, I will check with the team on this, we do install all the FFRP parts, we do not install an oil filter that I am aware of. That comes with the car. If the car was advertised as coming with the FFRP filter, then we will check to see where the issue is. I will check tomorrow

Amy

Guys, I will check with the team on this, we do install all the FFRP parts, we do not install an oil filter that I am aware of. That comes with the car. If the car was advertised as coming with the FFRP filter, then we will check to see where the issue is. I will check tomorrow

Amy

Amy,

The issue is the FFRP package comes with the Ford Racing Oil Filter our cars are then advertised that they come with this packaged. Unlike the tuner this seems to be something added for the car mechanically that made us think if Ford thought it important enough to include these special filters, and recommend their use with the FFRP, why didn't we get them?

Thanks and nice to see you around!

:D

Time for me to rant! The proper abbreviation is FRPP, Ford Racing Performance Parts.

What is this FFRP and FPPR and all other dyslexic variants I see?

robin

Soryr....I wast'n uisng my atni-dsyleixc speel chceker :P

Amy

Amy – if you are still working or starting your day at 2:19 a.m. you need to dial back your work ethic just a little – been there, done that. On the other hand since my car is still at SAI I appreciate your attention to these items and hope they are resolved before mine is shipped.

WOW,

You Guys and Gals are pretty heartless, but understandable.

I just got my Car 3 weeks ago in Maine, my local Dealers here in NH were Crooks. Mine is a Black and Silver a Premium with the 1000watt shaker system etc, I managed to pay sticker, but had seen the car being listed locally for 49,900........pathetic

I must say I love this car and hate to hear about things that seems off kilter. But, I do have issues with the Scoop(surprise), My Stripes(Surprise), the rear Bumper Cover is so loose I almost ripped it off grabbing to get up, and the Hood Pins and Detailed Manual from SAI is commendable, not, someone should let folks know the Hood Pins are not just for looks, unless I'm missing something I cannot lock down my hood without them. So, oil filters are interesting, not really earth shattering like my Scoop Looking like its ready to fly off the car, the Rear Bumber Cover so Loose it may Become a Projectile at the Car behind me, one of My friends asked me how many Lumps I want with My stripes :lol:.

So, I am heading to my Ford Dealer shortly, thankfully I own a lot of Fords they do repairs on and perhaps they will find ways to fix the short comings from SAI, I do love the car, really. The Looks the Sound and the Performance actually surprised me, I did not expect the car to perform as well as it does. It has lots of go, and actually handles, not on Porche levels, but it an't 90K either.

I just changed my oil yesterday and it had the stock filter. I did change it with a FRPP oil filter which aren't that easy to come by. I bought two from Shelby Performance Parts and it took 4 weeks to get here. The next time I'm going to order a case (12) from the closest FRPP dealer (next town 30 miles away) and go pick it when it comes in.

This is the easiest car I've ever had for changing oil. My Camrys are pretty good because the filter is accessible from the top but spill oil when you remove them. The Camrys also have the oil fill in the back and it's easy to spill some.

The Mustang filter is easy to get to from underneath and you only spill a little when you remove it. The oil fill is right in front and there is no way you'll spill any. Very nice design!

I also bought "Race Ramps" to lift the car for oil changes, etc. The lowered cars need special ramps and these fill the bill. They are very light and it's easy to feel when you've reach the top position as you drive up on them. They work great but are pricey!

Weren't these cars suppose to have a Ford Performance Racing oil filter in them ? I just had my first oil change, and there was a stock GT oil filter in it. :huh: :blink:

According to the FRPP web site, the SGT is supposed to have the M-2005-FR1 power upgrade package. But we, of course didn't get the filter. The Shelby manual says the replacement filter is the standard Motorcraft filter and not the FRPP filter. However, the Shelby manual also references the FR1 in its warranty discussion.

The FRPP site also says the SGT has a set of 3.73:1 gears, even though it also says the final drive ratio is 3.55:1.

Does SAI owe us a FRPP filter? Don't know but I'll take it. I installed one this weekend when I changed my oil and it looks pretty good with its markings (easy to see) and all the other FRPP stuff.

As far as the gears, it may have been the original intent to have 3.73 but it got changed before production, so it's just a typo IMO.

According to the FRPP web site, the SGT is supposed to have the M-2005-FR1 power upgrade package. But we, of course didn't get the filter. The Shelby manual says the replacement filter is the standard Motorcraft filter and not the FRPP filter. However, the Shelby manual also references the FR1 in its warranty discussion.

The FRPP site also says the SGT has a set of 3.73:1 gears, even though it also says the final drive ratio is 3.55:1.

Does SAI owe us a FRPP filter? Don't know but I'll take it. I installed one this weekend when I changed my oil and it looks pretty good with its markings (easy to see) and all the other FRPP stuff.

As far as the gears, it may have been the original intent to have 3.73 but it got changed before production, so it's just a typo IMO.

Hey Bud I see you browsing!

someone should let folks know the Hood Pins are not just for looks, unless I'm missing something I cannot lock down my hood without them. So,

You must not be closing the hood all the way. It should function normally without the pins in fact, there should be no pressure on the pins at all. If the hood is latched and there is still pressure on the pins, your posts need to be adjusted slightly.

You must not be closing the hood all the way. It should function normally without the pins in fact, there should be no pressure on the pins at all. If the hood is latched and there is still pressure on the pins, your posts need to be adjusted slightly.

I am not sure what adjusment to make, but as there is a single bolt and post I'll assume its something to do with one or the other. No I can NOT latch my hood, and there is a good amount of pressue on the drivers side pin. I was thinking its the air cleaner enclosure????

I haven't had the chance to really look, but will on you advise, now that I am sure it should be latched.

Thanks

Archived