TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Parts

I have ordered numerous things from these guys and every order has been messed up. Take for example the CS upper grille and driving lights. I ordered that and when I got it all that was there was the grill, no lights, no letters, imagine that. Last week I got an order and the coffee mug was broke. Then they sent me a double order of something and charged me for it! Not to mention the time it takes to get this stuff. Then they want me to pay to send it back. And that girl Randi who seems to handling this stuff does not have a clue of anything. I am done with Shelby Performance Parts. If I ran my business the way they do I would be out of business quick, fast and in a hurry. They should have never started this until they were organized. Hope someone else has a better experiance that I have.

Whoa ! Sorry you had such a bad time with SPP. My experience was fair. After the initial order, I got no communication for two weeks. I believe we are all used to communication and receipt "you order has been received...etc" Isn't that what we see all the time with internet ordering? If this were an EBAY transaction, I would have rated it as follows. “Poor communication, items backordered without explanation, slow shipping, no follow up” (See how the product gets lost in the negatives? )

When I called SPP voice mail it said that call backs were averaging two days after the message. Unacceptable. I left no message and tried e-mail. My only response was a copy of the order with no explanation of shipping time, etc. So I waited. I had also asked questions about other products "coming soon" and those questions were not addressed. My only other communication was receiving the order and my credit card being charged. Items were missing but no explanation of back orders.

Hopefully, it will improve in the future. I only write this so "higher ups" will read this and make the appropriate changes. I'm not the complaining type. I believe that even the most impatient client can be happy if they know what is going on and when and what to expect in the process. No one likes silence and surprises.

-Tim-

they have to be better than the old site-i ordered a hat in April off the old site-got a order confirmation and haven't gotten the hat an e-mail saying I won't get it or anything. Then the new site came up and the hat I had previously ordered isn't on there-there was only one direction to go from the old site, I haven't had any experience with the new one yet, however.

Hopefully, it will improve in the future. I only write this so "higher ups" will read this and make the appropriate changes. I'm not the complaining type. I believe that even the most impatient client can be happy if they know what is going on and when and what to expect in the process. No one likes silence and surprises.

-Tim-

I could so design a killer web store with auto response and order status feedback etc., all it would cost is a super charger, a CS6 Hood and a lower grill with lights installed over the winter!

Such a deal!

Anyone? Knock knock!

:unsure:

I am no retailer, just remember they are just starting out and like any company give them some time for getting there s@%t together. I know it is frustrating but give em a chance to get established. Just my 2 cents. Alot of you guys remind me of my compadres at the fire house. Too much time on their hands and complain alot. I used to do it too. but I feel much better with my new relaxed self... ( finally taking delivery of my SGT helps too!)

No road rage here B)

I am no retailer, just remember they are just starting out and like any company give them some time for getting there s@%t together. I know it is frustrating but give em a chance to get established. Just my 2 cents. Alot of you guys remind me of my compadres at the fire house. Too much time on their hands and complain alot. I used to do it too. but I feel much better with my new relaxed self... ( finally taking delivery of my SGT helps too!)

No road rage here B)

I have to disagree. You plan, you test, you train, make sure its right, then you execute. I can understand a few minor hiccups but anything like I have been reading about is inexcusable in my view. I decided to wait and see when they first opened the store and I for one will not order until there's good evidence that all is going as it should and customers are satisfied.

No road rage here B)

I disagree. The issues are not out of the scope of even the most basic of web stores and processes. I haven't seen one issue raised that would not have been in the plan from day one and worse every one of them, except talking to a person, is easily done, scalable and repeatable. Even the most basic turnkey systems have these features.

If you can't give an order confirmation, a order status update, and a shipping notification, you never should have gone live with the store.

I have to disagree. You plan, you test, you train, make sure its right, then you execute. I can understand a few minor hiccups but anything like I have been reading about is inexcusable in my view. I decided to wait and see when they first opened the store and I for one will not order until there's good evidence that all is going as it should and customers are satisfied.

Ditto!

I disagree. The issues are not out of the scope of even the most basic of web stores and processes. I haven't seen one issue raised that would not have been in the plan from day one and worse every one of them, except talking to a person, is easily done, scalable and repeatable. Even the most basic turnkey systems have these features.

If you can't give an order confirmation, a order status update, and a shipping notification, you never should have gone live with the store.

Ditto!

I talked to Paul last night on the phone after sending a nasty e-mail. He is the director of operations and he gave me some insight as to why these things are happening. SAI pushed all this stuff so fast that they haven't had time to get anything straight. He told me it only took 8 days for the catalog to be printed and released. 8 days! He also said they had orders piled up before they even had stock in the warehouse. He is a great guy and said they are working on things as hard as they can. He has put alot of his own hours and time in this project and has said there has been a few times where he has been there until midnight trying to get things straight. The fast wonderful world that we live in makes things more unorganized. People need to slow down!

I talked to Paul last night on the phone after sending a nasty e-mail. He is the director of operations and he gave me some insight as to why these things are happening. SAI pushed all this stuff so fast that they haven't had time to get anything straight. He told me it only took 8 days for the catalog to be printed and released. 8 days! He also said they had orders piled up before they even had stock in the warehouse. He is a great guy and said they are working on things as hard as they can. He has put alot of his own hours and time in this project and has said there has been a few times where he has been there until midnight trying to get things straight. The fast wonderful world that we live in makes things more unorganized. People need to slow down!

Totally agree! You would hope that the mod shop fiasco would have taught people a lesson. There they also opened in name only with orders (cars) lined up waiting. So I guess we've gone from "waiting for the electrician" to "waiting for stock". While I understand the need to drive revenue, it's not like you can recognize the revenue until you ship. As they say you get one chance to make a first impression and the loss of customer goodwill just isn't worth it. In my business this NEVER would have been allowed to happen it's truly not rocket science. <_<

My experience was very good... I ordered a couple things a couple weeks ago off of the website, got an e-mail from them stating they are in receipt of the order and everything showed up yesterday intact with a catalog and a card from the person who inspected my order. It was a great experience for me.

Gary

My experience was very good... I ordered a couple things a couple weeks ago off of the website, got an e-mail from them stating they are in receipt of the order and everything showed up yesterday intact with a catalog and a card from the person who inspected my order. It was a great experience for me.

Gary

That's VERY encouraging! :)

BTW: You shouldn't be able to order something that's not in-stock UNLESS you are told it's not in stock and provided an expected ship date. If that date slips the system should auto-generate an email to the customer explaining the additional delay and providing an opportunity for them to cancel their order.

As a side note, an item that is out of stock, yet has ordered against it, should be placed automatically on a "hot list". This list should be used to deal directly with vendors and updated expected delivery dates. When a delivery date is missed an alert should be sent to someone for follow-up and an email auto-generated to the vendor requesting an updated status.

The goal here is to automate as much as possible to provide the person charged with this time to take care of real issues and not send emails etc. It also ensures NOTHING falls through the cracks while reducing fire-drills and issues as the system keeps ahead of problems, keeps everyone informed, before little problems become BIG issues.

Archived