TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger

Swede,

My point was just because one sees very high asking prices on ebay for the S/C ones, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to sell for that.

There was a guy on stangsunleashed who was trying to get $60K for 08SGT0008 just because it was the 8th one. I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay that. #0004 was listed for $41K.

I know you know this too and was just curious if you were seeing S/C SGTs actually sell for alot more.

Not trying to stir anything up.

As we talked about last post, the "SAI/factory SGT's are not really for sale yet because they are one-of-a-kid cars and sell for huge $$$$$ if they are for sale at all. The only one I have seen on EBAY is the SAI Whipple car that was 1 of 6 built and that one didn't even have Iup and was $50K+++ striped! He'll probabaly get close to that because they are rare cars and you have to wait to get them. As I said just ask Adam or Ross what they would sell their cars for now that they have them, it would be huge $$$ or you would not get it. They just say go buy a regular SGT and negotiate there. If I had to do it all over again I'd much rather have something that NO ONE else has- Just my way of doing things. B)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we talked about last post, the "SAI/factory SGT's are not really for sale yet because they are one-of-a-kid cars and sell for huge $$$$$ if they are for sale at all. The only one I have seen on EBAY is the SAI Whipple car that was 1 of 6 built and that one didn't even have Iup and was $50K+++ striped! He'll probabaly get close to that because they are rare cars and you have to wait to get them. As I said just ask Adam or Ross what they would sell their cars for now that they have them, it would be huge $$$ or you would not get it. They just say go buy a regular SGT and negotiate there. If I had to do it all over again I'd much rather have something that NO ONE else has- Just my way of doing things. B)

just because the cars aren't for sale or because someone things they are worth a fortune doesn't mean they are. Thats the facts...

Some very good points Swede. When you mod a car at SAI the $ saved is in the original purchase. That car on e-bay is mis-represented. Speaking with SAI there were about 12+ Whipple cars out of the shop. Don't know the ratio of polished to black matte finish but the polished seems to be very popular. That car also went up to $74K..........good luck, SAI or no SAI. In the end though I just had a vision of what I wanted to my car to look like. I researched throughly......the internet is a wonderful tool. Once I had the "basic" car I now can take it to another level of personalization. Again, my vision. Will I sell this car? Not unless an unforseen hardship falls upon me and then I would want all of the money for it. I buit it for me and my way. No matter how many SC's, big brake, CS hood cars are made, to me it's still one of one. And I will enjoy the heck out of it.

OMG!...thats it for you buddy.....You are going to lose your membership card now and and and Carroll Shelby is going to drive by your house and honk the horn in the middle of the night!

Shame on you! :P

sshhhhh. I wont tell anyone if you dont~ ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOO :o

OHHHHHH I'M DOOOOOMED

THE HUMANITY!

:P

Also keep in mind I can send my car to Tasca tomorrow and have an S/C put on...whipple...and now we have 14 factory whipple S/C's. And then Mark can send his in and Michael his, and so on. So the rareness goes bubye real fast. Resale is only good if you are selling and can get it. Drive it.

Some very good points Swede. When you mod a car at SAI the $ saved is in the original purchase. That car on e-bay is mis-represented. Speaking with SAI there were about 12+ Whipple cars out of the shop. Don't know the ratio of polished to black matte finish but the polished seems to be very popular. That car also went up to $74K..........good luck, SAI or no SAI. In the end though I just had a vision of what I wanted to my car to look like. I researched throughly......the internet is a wonderful tool. Once I had the "basic" car I now can take it to another level of personalization. Again, my vision. Will I sell this car? Not unless an unforseen hardship falls upon me and then I would want all of the money for it. I buit it for me and my way. No matter how many SC's, big brake, CS hood cars are made, to me it's still one of one. And I will enjoy the heck out of it.

Ross I agree 100%+. Some people just don't get the fact that collectors will pay HUGE money for "factory" big horse power cars of limited editions and the WILL NOT pay big money for cars without it, limited edition or not. The cars that are not especially made do not get the money but mostly decline in value i.e.: base Shelby GT's. Denial does not wear well on most people.

Thanks Ross-

Note: I love the way my car looks and performs but it is "only" 19 more horse power more than a regular GT and collectors no this thus will not pay for them today. Now that might change in the future but deals are to be had all over right now @ thousands & thousands less than I and most all others here paid. It is a shame- B)

I dont totally agree with that Swede. My uncle's 66 GT350 he nought new had no S/C and he has been offered HUGE money for it. Like 50 times what he paid on 1966. And nowadays as I said any of us can send the car back and have the S/C put on. In a year from now you will see a very large amount of S/C's installed by SAI and SAI mod shops. And how many of us will be around in 40 years to get the big pay off? Hell Im only 36 and I probably wont be here in 40 years!LOL So very few of us stand a chance of making large returns on them.

Also keep in mind I can send my car to Tasca tomorrow and have an S/C put on...whipple...and now we have 14 factory whipple S/C's. And then Mark can send his in and Michael his, and so on. So the rareness goes bubye real fast. Resale is only good if you are selling and can get it. Drive it.

Then do it! All's it takes is money Webba, go for it- Oh sorry it could be 14 Whipples instead of six out of approximately 6000, not enough to go around huh?

Note: Now this thread is getting out of hand and should be closed- I just wanted to state my point of view on these cars which i love so very much, I am sorry it p*ssed you and others off so much. But this is the way I see it and I am not alone.

I dont totally agree with that Swede. My uncle's 66 GT350 he nought new had no S/C and he has been offered HUGE money for it. Like 50 times what he paid on 1966. And nowadays as I said any of us can send the car back and have the S/C put on. In a year from now you will see a very large amount of S/C's installed by SAI and SAI mod shops. And how many of us will be around in 40 years to get the big pay off? Hell Im only 36 and I probably wont be here in 40 years!LOL So very few of us stand a chance of making large returns on them.

Do you really think these are even close to the same cars? And it is not about the returns. The Shelby made in the sixties are totally different than todays. The original Shelby GT350's were 81 HP over a stock GT and 36 over a GT K Model. No comparison what so ever. Sorry. They were factory race cars right out of the box. These are not. Excellent road cars, YES! Factory race cars NO. Again no comparison. B)

Note: This thread is getting out of hand and should be closed-

Do you really think these are even close to the same cars? And it is not about the returns. The Shelby made in the sixties are totally different than todays. The original Shelby GT350's were 81 HP over a stock GT and 36 over a GT K Model. No comparison what so ever. Sorry. They were factory race cars right out of the box. These are not. Good raod cars, YES! Factory race cars NO. Again no comparison. B)

Note: This thread is getting out of hand and should be closed-

Dont forget that some people with Supercharged cars paid upwards of 20k extra for their cars for the s/c, new hood, different grill, big brakes and new 20" wheels & tires to fit.......

so their cars are worth more than stock SGT'S?

Yeah, becuase they paid alot more. In addition, the high asking price for the ebay s/c cars also takes into account the fact that you can have it now rather than waiting 6 months for SAI to mod a new car.

The rich can pay to NOT have to wait and usually do.

Once they start taking back SGT'S that were purchased off dealer lots, the gap will close considerably.

And like my Dad always used to say: Nothing is worth anything until you get someone to write you a check, then and only then is "worth" credible.

:lol::lol::lol: It was the supercharger! :P

:lol::lol:

All i can say is,

I think Davey cheated cause the daytona should have had him............................ :)

The Shelby turns are crisp, blows away the Monkeemobile in handling.

Dont forget that some people with Supercharged cars paid upwards of 20k extra for their cars for the s/c, new hood, different grill, big brakes and new 20" wheels & tires to fit.......

so their cars are worth more than stock SGT'S?

Yeah, becuase they paid alot more. In addition, the high asking price for the ebay s/c cars also takes into account the fact that you can have it now rather than waiting 6 months for SAI to mod a new car.

The rich can pay to NOT have to wait and usually do.

Once they start taking back SGT'S that were purchased off dealer lots, the gap will close considerably.

And like my Dad always used to say: Nothing is worth anything until you get someone to write you a check, then and only then is "worth" credible.

:lol::lol:

The Shelby turns are crisp, blows away the Monkeemobile in handling.

What's he driving? A (sort of) GTO? Kind of looks like the Batmobile.

You have a car that you wanted and thats all that matters. :)

oh yes 100%.

My point was that even the /SC cars aren't going to hold their value. At least not for 40 years. How may stories are there of guys who sold their vintage Shelbys at a loss. Cars are loser investments no matter how collectible. You should only buy, build, and drive cars for pleasure. If you want an invesment put it into the red fruit that grows on trees.

This thread does not need closed, there are still unanswered questions.

Thank you, That gives me a doable option. I live 11.25 Hours for Tasca and 29 Hours from Las Vegas.

Do you work with any car carriers that would give us a discount for Shipping our cars back?

If we do get it there, can it be shipped back to our dealers the same way it was when it was new?

Nobody is right or wrong here. It's just up to the individual to decide if it's worth the extra money to send it back. That's what I've been trying to decide. Hopefully I can get an answer to the above question and I'll know which way I'm going to go.

I jumped the gun here, it was not the first time! I'm just wanting a more personal car with SAI mods that is all and am upset that I did not have it offered to me at the time of purchase, but I'm not alone surely. So take my posts for what there worth, just p*ssed is all-

I still love my car and am driving it today as it will be nice all day long. Everybody just stares and smiles! :)

This thread does not need closed, there are still unanswered questions.

Nobody is right or wrong here. It's just up to the individual to decide if it's worth the extra money to send it back. That's what I've been trying to decide. Hopefully I can get an answer to the above question and I'll know which way I'm going to go.

Once the car is moded, it cant go back to the dealer, at least that what I was told and why the mod shop deliveries are to peoples homes.

And if the authorized dealers like Tasca will give the same credibility to the car (done by Shelby) then go with Tasca and skip the high temperatures, dusty desert and car carriers that take 2 weeks to get here from Vegas.IMO.

I jumped the gun here, it was not the first time! I'm just wanting a more personal car with SAI mods that is all and am upset that I did not have it offered to me at the time of purchase, but I'm not alone surely. So take my posts for what there worth, just p*ssed is all-

I still love my car and am driving it today as it will be nice all day long. Everybody just stares and smiles! :)

Swede seriously just modify your car already, its a drag to read a thread and hear it time and time again. Point is you can make the car faster than you need it to be for less than 10k. And actually its super fun at the stock trim to me. Although a s/c is 95% in my future, I am not freaked out by the "lack" of hp that the SGT makes, its one fun car that cracks me up when I drive it. I have found that sometimes a high hp vehicle takes alot of concentration to drive. Modifications seems like what you might want to do, although you have never said why you need more hp. And as I have said before a nitrious kit could help you if you need an extra dose of hp and you could put the bottle in the trunk tire well. This is not an expensive mod. I think it would be cool. Anyway I am glad you are diggin your car, they are what they are, and while I am at it you will never make money off a new car. Unless you are a dealer and/or want to deal in new ultra lux cars like Ferrari etc and are on the "list" for new models and then flip it while they are just coming out. There is no such thing as an instant collectors car, period. Biker Bobs car made more hp than a gt500, go that route and you will have alot of braggin rights and hp. Anyway not to insult you just sayin my 2 cents thats all. And SGT on my friend :D

Swede seriously just modify your car already, its a drag to read a thread and hear it time and time again. Point is you can make the car faster than you need it to be for less than 10k. And actually its super fun at the stock trim to me. Although a s/c is 95% in my future, I am not freaked out by the "lack" of hp that the SGT makes, its one fun car that cracks me up when I drive it. I have found that sometimes a high hp vehicle takes alot of concentration to drive. Modifications seems like what you might want to do, although you have never said why you need more hp. And as I have said before a nitrious kit could help you if you need an extra dose of hp and you could put the bottle in the trunk tire well. This is not an expensive mod. I think it would be cool. Anyway I am glad you are diggin your car, they are what they are, and while I am at it you will never make money off a new car. Unless you are a dealer and/or want to deal in new ultra lux cars like Ferrari etc and are on the "list" for new models and then flip it while they are just coming out. There is no such thing as an instant collectors car, period. Biker Bobs car made more hp than a gt500, go that route and you will have alot of braggin rights and hp. Anyway not to insult you just sayin my 2 cents thats all. And SGT on my friend :D

Mccoystudio- OK Ill say it again, I do not like the factory/SAI horsepower in these vehicles, period. I think they should have had at least 350/380 HP stock. Second question: I will not add just any mod to my precious Shelby GT. The only way I would add an SC is to have SAI do it otherwise it is just another Mustang with a SC! When SAI does it it is in the Shelby Registry and that my friend means something. So I have my issues with my SGT but I still love it :) . I also do not expect to make money off this car.

Further more blah blah blah who cares it is ALL just wanting and wishing from here on out anyway!

Archived