TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger

It's all good socal, My friends talk to you in costa mesa and said your car was awesome, I had business outta town and couldnt go.I just gonna get a s/c and dont care which one, in 30 yrs it will be my daughters problem

LOL :)

That was good!

My kids are going to have to figure out how to drive a 5speed when that time comes. :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I came off arrogant and I have offended people, I am sorry. It wasn't my intention to come off like I think the superchrged cars are better. I don't believe they are. I wanted to express the other side of the discussion. Perhaps I was the wrong person to do that.

I have been on this forum a long time with a lot of post. I believe this is the first time I have offended people. To most of those I may have offended, I hope my past conduct will mitigate this offense. I enjoy this forum. I enjoy getting and giving help, comments, and an occasional laugh.

I did not buy this car for an investment. I work on a four, ten hour day schedule. My Shelby is the only car I drive the other three days. Even if it is just to the barber or grocery store. I have done several modifications that would detract from the value to a collector. I love my car and every Shelby GT, GT500, GT350, GT-H & Cobra I see.

No offense what so ever.....I enjoy a good debate :P

I drive mine to work on my 4 ten hour days :o I loveeeeeee going up the ramps of the parking garage at the hospital and seeing how many car alarms I can set off :o :D I have a special parking place that I get early...where no one can hit me. One of these days I will find a beater I can take to work though.

If I came off arrogant and I have offended people, I am sorry. It wasn't my intention to come off like I think the superchrged cars are better. I don't believe they are. I wanted to express the other side of the discussion. Perhaps I was the wrong person to do that.

I have been on this forum a long time with a lot of post. I believe this is the first time I have offended people. To most of those I may have offended, I hope my past conduct will mitigate this offense. I enjoy this forum. I enjoy getting and giving help, comments, and an occasional laugh.

I did not buy this car for an investment. I work on a four, ten hour day schedule. My Shelby is the only car I drive the other three days. Even if it is just to the barber or grocery store. I have done several modifications that would detract from the value to a collector. I love my car and every Shelby GT, GT500, GT350, GT-H & Cobra I see.

You're ok-socal, I wasn't offended, I was just trying to be an unbiased mediator as i chose not to spend the $6k on the S/C-not because it isn't cool, or that I'd absolutely hate to have one, but because it would get me into more trouble than the NA car already will :D I thought I could smooth it out is all.

I was simply pointing out that when it cam to GT/SC's yours would be "official" because of the registry, but the others would not be able to be lsited as such. We are all passionate about these beautiful machines (and as I said yours is very much so) and sometimes we just need a "ump"-I think everyone involved thinks no blood no foul and GTHero didn't lock you up so I don't think you came across as TOO anything except passionate.

Larry

You're ok-socal, I wasn't offended, I was just trying to be an unbiased mediator as i chose not to spend the $6k on the S/C-not because it isn't cool, or that I'd absolutely hate to have one, but because it would get me into more trouble than the NA car already will :D I thought I could smooth it out is all.

I was simply pointing out that when it cam to GT/SC's yours would be "official" because of the registry, but the others would not be able to be lsited as such. We are all passionate about these beautiful machines (and as I said yours is very much so) and sometimes we just need a "ump"-I think everyone involved thinks no blood no foul and GTHero didn't lock you up so I don't think you came across as TOO anything except passionate.

Larry

+1 :)

You know Guys, I continue to try and add things that are requested. The GT/SC stripe was done to show that the sc was done here. You can make the fake stripe, but that wont be ligitimate. we will have mod shops and they will have everything we do, including a dash plate , a bit different one, but a sanctioned plate and ligitimate csm number.

On the information. It is up to every dealer to tell the buyers about what is available on that car. We as Shelby have been on all the forums and posted the upgrades and how to get them.

Amy

You know Guys, I continue to try and add things that are requested. The GT/SC stripe was done to show that the sc was done here. You can make the fake stripe, but that wont be ligitimate. we will have mod shops and they will have everything we do, including a dash plate , a bit different one, but a sanctioned plate and ligitimate csm number.

On the information. It is up to every dealer to tell the buyers about what is available on that car. We as Shelby have been on all the forums and posted the upgrades and how to get them.

Amy

Amy..it was great to talk to you the other day on Car and Driver ! Hope I didn't get you in trouble with "Jack" haha.

Anyways, not all Ford dealers are informed about this car. One salesman at a dealer in Florida...when we were looking, told me i would LOVE the Triton engine lol. Needless to say, we left there quickly.

The dealer I bought mine from had no clue about this car. I honestly didn't learn about the add ons, or even being able to order one with add ons, until well after we bought the car.

But thank you very much for responding. It is just not feasible for us to return the car to vegas from Florida for a s/c just to get the stripe.

Sue

Ed, I don't know for sure but I would guess less than 100 on the intial run. I was told that as of last week there were about 90 total cars going through the mod shop. I'll ask the guys when I visit next week.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, great discussion. I just purchased 07 SGT off the show room floor. I'm like most, I didn't realize I could get a supercharged SGT with it's own stripe. I want to add a Supercharger next summer and wish I could get the GT/SC stripe.

I respect SAI for their decision, even though I'm one of these effected. Preserving the integrity of a Shelby is very important whether we plan on selling them or not. However Ford apparently doesn't feel this way. Have you guys seen this . 08 V6 Appearance Package. They're offering our grill on a V-6. That's one of the things that make our SGT's different, we're all ready sharing bumpers and scoops, I think they shouldn't be using the SGT grill on anything else.

If I understand correctly and I send my car back to either SAI or a mod center, I can get the stripe and be recognised and a true SGT/SC. If that's the case then at least it's an option, all be it an expensive one. I don't think anyone would hurt the value of the car if they have a blower put on somewhere else, after all you can keep the original parts and put it back to stock if you want.

Amy

so if we send are car back to you for a s/c install once you guys are excepting returns for mod we would get a new csm# or the same # with a different plate and striping ???? sorry i dont get it !!! :D

yes, that's correct

I have mentioned this previously. The cars that have had 'mod shop' items done to them are the ones that will hold their values i.e.: SAI installed SC is what I am talking about here. I originally thought the 'mod shop' cars would drop in price too but that seems to not be the case here, they are holding their values and strongly. It is the SGT's that are stock that are significantly dropping in price and it hurts terribly to see it. Also if you add your own SC you'll drop in price too as it is not in the registry. Anyone can add a SC to their car but unless you have Shelby Registry documentation your just throwing your money away. Big time collectors will pay big money for high horse power cars that are of limited edition and in the registry, they will not pay for a car that is self made with a SC on it, anyone can do that. This is what it boils down to for 'me' personally: either I will get the SAI installed SC or I will sell my car as I can not sit here and watch the devaluation much longer, it hurts too <bleep>* bad to see it! B)

I wish I would have known !

I have mentioned this previously. The cars that have had 'mod shop' items done to them are the ones that will hold their values i.e.: SAI installed SC is what I am talking about here. I originally thought the 'mod shop' cars would drop in price too but that seems to not be the case here, they are holding their values and strongly. It is the SGT's that are stock that are significantly dropping in price and it hurts terribly to see it. Also if you add your own SC you'll drop in price too as it is not in the registry. Anyone can add a SC to their car but unless you have Shelby Registry documentation your just throwing your money away. Big time collectors will pay big money for high horse power cars that are of limited edition and in the registry, they will not pay for a car that is self made with a SC on it, anyone can do that. This is what it boils down to for 'me' personally: either I will get the SAI installed SC or I will sell my car as I can not sit here and watch the devaluation much longer, it hurts too <bleep>* bad to see it! B)

I wish I would have known !

I think I have stated this previously......maybe you are right....and maybe you are not.

Your post is pure speculation. (So is mine!) Remember, like the prospectus' says: Past perfomance is no guaranty of future performance. so maybe the mod shop cars will keep their value and maybe not.

Or "maybe" when a new GT350 comes out, all sgt's, mod shop or otherwise, will be cast aside like the red headed step child.

Or maybe when engine failures start to crop up, the S/C'd cars will be the least desirable.

We can do this all day, and in the end, none of us know diddly squat.

Truth is, there are a thousand 2007 SGT's still in dealerships wasting away.......trust me, when those get sold cheap, it will hurt us all.

Build em the way you want and enjoy. A big windfall this car will never bring. (Yoda).

my .02

i'm just gonna leave mine BONE stock. no mods.

well i changed the hood pins. should i have had SAI do that? :huh: or does that little alteration matter? i still have the original hood pins.

OMG!...thats it for you buddy.....You are going to lose your membership card now and and and Carroll Shelby is going to drive by your house and honk the horn in the middle of the night!

Shame on you! :P

sshhhhh. I wont tell anyone if you dont~ ;)

I'm going to be dead before my SGT is going to be (Maybe) worth more then what i payed. Don't care! It's not going anywhere, I'm not sellin it, and i bought to enjoy it, nothing else................

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it S/C or non S/C. If you bought this car for a future return on it, Sorry but, you are sadly mistakin. It will maybe hold its value but you are not going to retire on it.................... :)

OMG!...thats it for you buddy.....You are going to lose your membership card now and and and Carroll Shelby is going to drive by your house and honk the horn in the middle of the night!

Shame on you! :P

sshhhhh. I wont tell anyone if you dont~ ;)

[/quote

Hey! Wait a minute here......................

I never got a membership card?

Did everybody else get one?

Amy , John, Bud????

J/K :lol:

I'm going to be dead before my SGT is going to be (Maybe) worth more then what i payed. Don't care! It's not going anywhere, I'm not sellin it, and i bought to enjoy it, nothing else................

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it S/C or non S/C. If you bought this car for a future return on it, Sorry but, you are sadly mistakin. It will maybe hold its value but you are not going to retire on it.................... :)

Ditto!

Drive it & enjoy. ;)

No offense but I see no advantage whatsoever in having SAI install your S/C. It will cost you a great deal more in money and time to no advantage. There is no paper work or documentation that indicates you had it installed at SAI, and if you think that its intalled better at SAI you are deluded. These cars maybe collectors someday but it will be 20-30 years down the road, so I think you should worry more about enjoying them now. As long as you are installing what is offered as an option I think you're good to go. I think the idea that some of these things are collector only pieces is a bit silly. Stripes are to easily made to be a collector item they can never have real value. I'm also not real fond of them makng things like the hood pins collector items, as you could steal them in 5 min from a car and if they become valuable you won't be able to park your car anywhere without worrying.Whats valuable? The fact that the cars are real as documented in the SAI registry.

No offense but I see no advantage whatsoever in having SAI install your S/C. It will cost you a great deal more in money and time to no advantage. There is no paper work or documentation that indicates you had it installed at SAI, and if you think that its intalled better at SAI you are deluded. These cars maybe collectors someday but it will be 20-30 years down the road, so I think you should worry more about enjoying them now. As long as you are installing what is offered as an option I think you're good to go. I think the idea that some of these things are collector only pieces is a bit silly. Stripes are to easily made to be a collector item they can never have real value. I'm also not real fond of them makng things like the hood pins collector items, as you could steal them in 5 min from a car and if they become valuable you won't be able to park your car anywhere without worrying.Whats valuable? The fact that the cars are real as documented in the SAI registry.

I agree and disagree. First there is plenty of documentation of cars that are modified at SAI. Invocie and registery update after work completed are just 2. That my friend WILL be worth addtional in the collector car market. When?........that is where you are right...............long after I'm in a pine box :P And don't delude yourself. They WILL be collectors not to us but to our children and grandchildren. I didn't by mine and add what I did for collector value. I did it because that's how I wanted it. You did the same and went another route. No issue there. And there will always be clones or "re-creations" as the new term. You will never get away from that fact. It will happen. With today's technology it is possible to "re-create" just about anything. That is where the registery comes in. And I cannot disagree with you on the quality of the install. It's a valid point.

Just weighting in with my.02

Ed S. my Shelby brother I am NOT talking about a return, I am talking about market value. I am talking about what SGT's hold there value's and which one don't. The "SAI/Factory" modded cars with huge horse power hold their values, not ours, that is a fact. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is just fact that's all. B)

Swede, I'm assuming you are going by ebay asking prices on S/C and non S/C SGTs.

If so, it would be interesting to compare actual selling prices vice asking.

If you are going by the actual selling prices, what are you seeing on the S/C SGTs?

Your seeing the same thing I am on EBAY and else where AF. And yes I obviously am not happy about it, but it is what it is- Sorry if I p*ssed anyone off. B)

Note: It would be hard to compare becuase the "SAI/factory" highly modded cars are one of a kind and they are not for sale, unless you come up with BIG money to buy it. Just ask Ross, Adam and others who have them what they would sell their cars for, you'll see what I mean then- big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ or you don't get it.

Swede,

My point was just because one sees very high asking prices on ebay for the S/C ones, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to sell for that.

There was a guy on stangsunleashed who was trying to get $60K for 08SGT0008 just because it was the 8th one. I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay that. #0004 was listed for $41K.

I know you know this too and was just curious if you were seeing S/C SGTs actually sell for alot more.

Not trying to stir anything up.

Archived