TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger

I agree Ed.

Socal..it's not our fault we didn't know ....should we blame the salesman at Ford?

We should be entilted to have to the same stripe if the S/C is purchased at Shelby. I would only have mine installed by an authorized Shelby dealer. I just can't justify the cost of shipping the car back to Vegas for a sripe !

When we were in the process of buying this car, we had no idea that we could order one and do mods in vegas.......because we definately would have done that and the museum experience.

If you are trying to put a "value" on this stripe.....then yes..YOUR car will be worth more than mine since it was done in vegas !!!

Why would you care??? Me living in Florida, you across the country..... I just don't understand this thinking. (not trying to be rude..just discussing )

We all have a car that will be rare someday........those with s/c' s installed in vegas will be the most rare !

Why does Shelby "authorize" dealers to do work or build their cars in other cities then?

I would love for SAI to open a mod shop on the east coast...then it wouldn't be an issue.

But I dont feel those of us that "didnt know " or weren't informed of this in the buying process should be penalized.

Thanks for listening.

Sue

I, for one, am lucky I got what I got off the showroom floor (black, 5 sp). I couldn't have afforded to add an SC even if I knew about it at the time. However, I may want to do it in the future and would like to have the Ford dealer install the sc and the stripe and have it under warranty. But that doesn't seem likely. Will Ford even work on the engine with those that have a Shelby SC? Keeping the car tuned and running well is even more critical with a SC so where does the SGT/SC owner go for engine service?

This is where the Roush owner has it over the SGT/SC owner. All the Ford dealers that sell Roush also work on them.

Shelby needs to work something out with Ford and harness their service organization. If all the Ford dealers that sell Shelbys do service, upgrade installs, etc. then they'll kill Roush and Saleen. It's just good business.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, am lucky I got what I got off the showroom floor (black, 5 sp). I couldn't have afforded to add an SC even if I knew about it at the time. However, I may want to do it in the future and would like to have the Ford dealer install the sc and the stripe and have it under warranty. But that doesn't seem likely. Will Ford even work on the engine with those that have a Shelby SC? Keeping the car tuned and running well is even more critical with a SC so where does the SGT/SC owner go for engine service?

This is where the Roush owner has it over the SGT/SC owner. All the Ford dealers that sell Roush also work on them.

Shelby needs to work something out with Ford and harness their service organization. If all the Ford dealers that sell Shelbys do service, upgrade installs, etc. then they'll kill Roush and Saleen. It's just good business.

Good point on the service aspect, but the mod shop would lose big money on the parts and install aspect :)

My understanding is that, There is no Drivetrain warranty on the car once that S/C goes on. Thier will be a "Parts" warranty from paxton but, nothing from ford. 5/50 gone unless failure is proved otherwise.

Unless SAI is doing something to cover it if the motor goes pop. Thats where the Roush has it good is warranty with there 3/36 but, there again you have to take it to a Ford/Rouch dealer for repairs.

I'm going to pose that question tommorrow at the Ford dealership in my auto group and see what they will cover and what they won't. Would kinda suck if i had some sort of failure related to the S/C and find out i had to ship back to SAI to have some sort of repair but, if they dont warranty anything like that there and i have to have it fixed somewhere else? I have a feeling Ford is not going to touch it unless it maybe had "Ford Racing" stuff on it like a whipple because there is a Autherized "Ford Racing" dealer not to far from me.

Hmm? Interesting................. :)

......this will be one of the things that people will just have to agree to disagree.

I have no problem with sending your car to SAI or a future eastcoast mod shop having the supercharger installed and then getting the stripe. Assuming that is the same place that is building supersnakes and 40th anniversary packages.

By paying more for labor, I meant shop rates I could have my local shop install the supercharger for $12 less an hour then SAI and probably in less hours. Paying more for parts was a mistake because it is the same parts and price, sorry.

The superchargers don't come with any special installed at SAI markings. They don't get the CSM number of your car. My car is #187, my supercharger is #48. The only things that says I had the factory install it are the invoice, the registry, and the Stripe.

To me it would have been better if SAI would have done this as an additional package like the Supersnake or 40th Anniversary. Say supercharger, brakes and wheels. Then it would be handled the same. Oh wait, the GT500 guys have been waiting almost a year for the 40th Anniversary package. I guess if something is important enough you can wait.

In the long run it is simply me being selfish and call it as it is but I bet the majority of us frowned when SAI announced the 2008s.

......this will be one of the things that people will just have to agree to disagree.

I have no problem with sending your car to SAI or a future eastcoast mod shop having the supercharger installed and then getting the stripe. Assuming that is the same place that is building supersnakes and 40th anniversary packages.

By paying more for labor, I meant shop rates I could have my local shop install the supercharger for $12 less an hour then SAI and probably in less hours. Paying more for parts was a mistake because it is the same parts and price, sorry.

The superchargers don't come with any special installed at SAI markings. They don't get the CSM number of your car. My car is #187, my supercharger is #48. The only things that says I had the factory install it are the invoice, the registry, and the Stripe.

To me it would have been better if SAI would have done this as an additional package like the Supersnake or 40th Anniversary. Say supercharger, brakes and wheels. Then it would be handled the same. Oh wait, the GT500 guys have been waiting almost a year for the 40th Anniversary package. I guess if something is important enough you can wait.

In the long run it is simply me being selfish and call it as it is but I bet the majority of us frowned when SAI announced the 2008s.

So that i have this straight,

The S/C says nothing on it related to Shelby or SAI? No wording of any kind? It would look just like the one that if i bought from Paxton?

I sort of of know where you are coming from. My 1966 GT350 was one of only 11 cars that had the Paxton S/C, as a Shelby option, orginally installed at Shelby, when Carroll was operating his shop in LA. My car is in the registry as the 1 of 11 Shelbys that had the S/C installed by Shelby as it was being modified to become a Shelby GT-350. I doubt that it has added that much incremental value to my car, but maybe someday. Like I said in my other post, I want to have SAI install a S/C on my 07 so it keeps the heritage in my mind. I could care less what it will be worth.

When you say this:

"I hope everybody understands why those of us that did wait 4-6 extra months, did pay the higher then average prices for parts and labor from SAI, and did pay extra for a Museum Delivery or shipping do not want SAI to send the "Shelby GT/SC" stripe with mail ordered super chargers."

Maybe im reading this wrong? but this does sound a little selfish. There are alot of people that want to put S/C's on thier cars but since it was not done the way you did it, They don't get the stripe but the people that payed extra do? :huh:

The "odds" (Ironic, Vegas) of people returning thier cars to SAI for the S/C are going to be very, very low because of logistic's, Finances, or for what ever reason and because of that you say no stripe for us so as not to take away from what you payed extra for? :huh:

Maybe i'm looking at it from a different perspective? :)

When you say this:

"I hope everybody understands why those of us that did wait 4-6 extra months, did pay the higher then average prices for parts and labor from SAI, and did pay extra for a Museum Delivery or shipping do not want SAI to send the "Shelby GT/SC" stripe with mail ordered super chargers."

Maybe im reading this wrong? but this does sound a little selfish. There are alot of people that want to put S/C's on thier cars but since it was not done the way you did it, They don't get the stripe but the people that payed extra do? :huh:

The "odds" (Ironic, Vegas) of people returning thier cars to SAI for the S/C are going to be very, very low because of logistic's, Finances, or for what ever reason and because of that you say no stripe for us so as not to take away from what you payed extra for? :huh:

Maybe i'm looking at it from a different perspective? :)

Welp....after some thought....the SC is just a "want" for me...it's not a NEED lol. I drive the car to and from work...and around town now and then.

I think I will keep my warranty.....as I may want to trade this on something new and exciting from Shelby down the road :P

I did not buy this car to be an investment..or worry what it will be worth 30 years from now...but I bought it to drive and have fun. I am sure it's alot more fun with a supercharger..but I am happy the way it sits now.....except for the ...dare I say it....SCOOP !! :P

Welp....after some thought....the SC is just a "want" for me...it's not a NEED lol. I drive the car to and from work...and around town now and then.

I think I will keep my warranty.....as I may want to trade this on something new and exciting from Shelby down the road :P

I did not buy this car to be an investment..or worry what it will be worth 30 years from now...but I bought it to drive and have fun. I am sure it's alot more fun with a supercharger..but I am happy the way it sits now.....except for the ...dare I say it....SCOOP !! :P

+1 for sure............................. :)

Ed,

Just an outside observation:

I don't know but I would suspect that if the SAI long range plan is left coast, Mid-west, right coast mod shops happen, this would take some logistics out of the equasion and minimize some of these issues.

Thant being said, authorized installers, by SAI, should be able to obtain the said stripe for install.

I am in a different catagory altogether. My car, is at SAI, I can have it done there. But I see the other side also.

Just my 1/2 cent.

Roger

Ed,

Just an outside observation:

I don't know but I would suspect that if the SAI long range plan is left coast, Mid-west, right coast mod shops happen, this would take some logistics out of the equasion and minimize some of these issues.

Thant being said, authorized installers, by SAI, should be able to obtain the said stripe for install.

I am in a different catagory altogether. My car, is at SAI, I can have it done there. But I see the other side also.

Just my 1/2 cent.

Roger

Hey rossgt, :)

I see both sides and i think that it maybe that the people that want the S/C and can't get thier car back to SAI for it for what ever reason may feel they are now on the outside looking in? Fortunately i live deep in So. Calif. 3 hour drive to SAI in Vegas. I dont have a problem putting my car in line and having it done. Lots of people though are not in that position and maybe there best way of doing the S/C is to order one at Shelby Perf. and have it installed. But to say that if you dont do it the mod shop way, you don't get a stripe, doesn't sound right for those people. Sure they are not going to be added into the registry w/ a S/C install by SAI but at least they will have what the want and a stripe to go with it. Yes , you can have your own made but come on, If you have a Shelby and you are in the registry as such to prove it, then i dont see the problem with not giving a stripe when you purchase a S/C from the Shelby Perf. page is all. :)

Hows the weather there? I was going to wash the car today but it looks like a summer shower looming over head........ :)

I can see each side also.

They say the in New England, wait a minute and the weather will change!

But I have to tell you..........today is just a beautiful day. May take a trip to Newport with my wife this evening. (in her Acura). :P

I can see each side also.

They say the in New England, wait a minute and the weather will change!

But I have to tell you..........today is just a beautiful day. May take a trip to Newport with my wife this evening. (in her Acura). :P

New England?

Small world!

Originally from Springfield, Mass.

Have a good trip, Sometimes its not how you get there, but who your with when you arrive............. :)

So that i have this straight,

The S/C says nothing on it related to Shelby or SAI? No wording of any kind? It would look just like the one that if i bought from Paxton?

...What I meant there is nothing that says or indicates that it was installed at SAI. The supercharger does have a Shelby placque with "CS" serial number. There is also a plastice piece with a "Shelby Performance" placque between the radiator and the intercooler. However, if you order a supercharger form Shelby it comes with, at least used to, the same placque on the supercharger. I don't know about the other piece.

IMG_0587.jpg

...yes it is being selfish, I said as much in my last post. Sorry, I am being selfish. I think for the integrity of my Shelby GT/SC and others the stripe should not be given out unless SAI or it's designee install the supercharger.

Good point on the service aspect, but the mod shop would lose big money on the parts and install aspect :)

Getting more parts out the door to Ford dealers will be big business. If every Ford dealer installed and upgraded Mustangs with Shelby parts that would be much better for business than what SAI is doing now. They are really struggling to build 6000 SGT's and you can tell......they are only doing about 2000 next year.

Their mod shop is way overbooked.

The Shelby name and Shelby parts installed by Ford dealers with warranties attached will really kill the competition.

Hell, the GT500 is NOT built by SAI and I've had a Ford dealer tell me the SGT is NOT a real Shelby but the GT500 is!

......The only Shelby parts installed on the car are the grill, hood scoop, stripes, lettering, floor mat placque, CSM placques. Anybody have problems with their placques yet? :P

The rest of the parts are installed at the factory or are from Ford Racing Performance Parts installed by SAI.

......The only Shelby parts installed on the car are the grill, hood scoop, stripes, lettering, floor mat placque, CSM placques. Anybody have problems with their placques yet? :P

The rest of the parts are installed at the factory or are from Ford Racing Performance Parts installed by SAI.

The point is that it's a Shelby because of the name on the car, no matter who assembles the parts. Ford dealers installing Shelby upgrades to the SGT still makes it a Shelby.

...What I meant there is nothing that says or indicates that it was installed at SAI. The supercharger does have a Shelby placque with "CS" serial number. There is also a plastice piece with a "Shelby Performance" placque between the radiator and the intercooler. However, if you order a supercharger form Shelby it comes with, at least used to, the same placque on the supercharger. I don't know about the other piece.

IMG_0587.jpg

...yes it is being selfish, I said as much in my last post. Sorry, I am being selfish. I think for the integrity of my Shelby GT/SC and others the stripe should not be given out unless SAI or it's designee install the supercharger.

That's what I wanted to hear :P :D

:)

IMG_0587.jpg

you obviously have your own agenda, It sounds like what you are doing is trying create your own group of specific Shelby owners in an attempt to make your Shelby worth more in the future? Dont give out a stripe, Keep S/C numbers low for the"Those that waited group"? Those that did not know or already picked up there car, Ha, too bad, now my car w/ installed S/C will have a lower number making it worth more? Maybe i'm wrong but, it sounds like where your coming from.

"those of us that did wait 4-6 extra months"

How many people are included in that group that waited?

I would have thought the "Registry" would have takin care of that aspect of it? Car # xxx, has a S/C but when we check the "Registry" Oooops, SAI did not do the install, bummer, not worth as much, my bad.

I think the "Integrity" lies within the "Registry" not by a small group that want things a certain way.

We can agree to disagree....................... :)

My opinion and everybody has one......... :)

Socal- You have a georgous car and one that I happen to think is incredible but you appear very selfish and arrogant to the point of being singled out for resentment type posts. I mean you come off as a supercharger ego maniac and I think you have raised your own blood pressure over this whole thing. I say just back off and love your car as everybody else does here and let SAI do what they'll end up doing any way, run their business the way they want to run it. Gheeesh! :)

Sorry Jafo but your way out of line here for a person that has a car that people enjoy looking at and talking about.. B)

EDIT: Something stinks in Jafos car, it might be his SuperCharged attitude.......

That's what I wanted to hear :P :D

Sdear, this has been debated several time over the past months and I have always said that I have no objection to installs at the supposed eastcoast center. What I object to is a mail order, self install or no Shelby authorized installer.

you obviously have your own agenda, It sounds like what you are doing is trying create your own group of specific Shelby owners in an attempt to make your Shelby worth more in the future? Dont give out a stripe, Keep S/C numbers low for the"Those that waited group"? Those that did not know or already picked up there car, Ha, too bad, now my car w/ installed S/C will have a lower number making it worth more? Maybe i'm wrong but, it sounds like where your coming from.

ED S., That is not the case and I am not trying to protect resale value. The only title transfer I plan for this car is too my son in about 40 years. However, many people want to send their car through a SAI authorized place whether in Vegas an eat coast installer, or mid west installer. I am concerned about the dillution of the Shelby GT and /SC.

Socal- You have a georgous car and one that I happen to think is incredible but you appear very selfish and arrogant to the point of being singled out for resentment type posts. I mean you come off as a supercharger ego maniac and I think you have raised your own blood pressure over this whole thing. I say just back off and love your car as everybody else does here and let SAI do what they'll end up doing any way, run their business the way they want to run it. Gheeesh! :)

Sorry Jafo but your way out of line here for a person that has a car that people enjoy looking at and talking about.. B)

EDIT: Something stinks in Jafos car, it might be his SuperCharged attitude.......

Swedeshelby, as you have done many times on this forum you have ruined a civil discusion. Your exactly right, SAI has made their decision. I had no high blood pressure and would have discussed this with Sdear, Ed S, or whoever else wanted to respectfully. As far as this debate because of your post, I am now done.

Sdear, this has been debated several time over the past months and I have always said that I have no objection to installs at the supposed eastcoast center. What I object to is a mail order, self install or no Shelby authorized installer.

ED S., That is not the case and I am not trying to protect resale value. The only title transfer I plan for this car is too my son in about 40 years. However, many people want to send their car through a SAI authorized place whether in Vegas an eat coast installer, or mid west installer. I am concerned about the dillution of the Shelby GT and /SC.

Swedeshelby, as you have done many times on this forum you have ruined a civil discusion. Your exactly right, SAI has made their decision. I had no high blood pressure and would have discussed this with Sdear, Ed S, or whoever else wanted to respectfully. As far as this debate because of your post, I am now done.

"ED S., That is not the case and I am not trying to protect resale value. The only title transfer I plan for this car is too my son in about 40 years. However, many people want to send their car through a SAI authorized place whether in Vegas an eat coast installer, or mid west installer. I am concerned about the dillution of the Shelby GT and /SC. "

Thats what the Registry is for! :) You are protected! :) I understand what you are trying to achieve. :) But, I personally think its not fair to those people who choose to order the S/C online and install thru whom ever if they so choose. There "Penalty" for doing that is going to be "No Recognition" in the registry that they had a S/C installed thru SAI or an SAI dealer. There for your inherent value is protected and you still have your exclusive S/C Shelby Gt. If i buy a bunch of things from the Shelby Perf. site other than a S/C, and install those is that going to make my Shelby any less than your's because i did not have "Any" of those parts installed by SAI? I hope not! If thats the case , I won't be buying anything on-line. :) I just relized that we are maybe thinking in 2 different areas. You are looking at your Shelby Gt as an Investment (Dilution of sorts), where as the other 95% + or - including myself are looking at it as a great car to enjoy everyday, show off to those who want one and mod the crap out it with shelby parts without a care what the future holds as far as worth, its all about enjoying the car. In 40 years i will be dead, the car will have 300+ thousand miles on it, You are going to be driving electric cars or no cars and there will be no oil for the Shelby to run on. Will it be in a museum? Nope! But thats ok, but, to penalise people over a sticker just because it was not SAI installed makes no sense when there are other "Protections" in place to keep your personal value of your Shelby and to curb the dilution. If i'm at the local cruise night and i did an install my self(Certified Master Technician) Of the Big Brake kit from Shelby ect... is somebody going to say "Hey, Got the big brake kit, Looks Bitchen, Hey wait a minute? Did SAI install that? No, oh to bad, see ya around" never going to happen, Now your point, When and if i go to sell it, Will that make it so it won't fetch a higher price? Maybe? Maybe not, The Big Brakes will speak for them selves. What ever SAI decides is ok by me, they run the show, i may disagree but, thats ok. It just leaves some of the Shelby Gt owners that want that option out in the cold and will just have have there own sticker made.

Don't take anything here person because it is not meant to be, Just my opinion on the subject at hand thats all :)

A civil discussion, WHAT!!!! :lol: I can see why your done as the hole you have dug is already way too deep for you to climb out of. Furthermore, I have recieved many emails & PM's about my post to you and I must say every one of them thanked me for standing up to arrogant people like you who think their _ _ _ _ does not stink because you have a super charged car done @ SAI! Sheesh! Unreal. Grow up and let Shelby run their business as they see fit, your NOT the CEO you don't make the decisions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT- I am sure I have upset a few people on this board as well but I have always appologized when I was wrong. You need to do the same.

A civil discussion, WHAT!!!! :lol: I can see why your done as the hole you have dug is already way too deep for you to climb out of. Furthermore, I have recieved many emails & PM's about my post to you and I must say every one of them thanked me for standing up to arrogant people like you who think their _ _ _ _ does not stink because you have a super charged car done @ SAI! Sheesh! Unreal. Grow up and let Shelby run their business as they see fit, your NOT the CEO you don't make the decisions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT- I am sure I have upset a few people on this board as well but I have always appologized when I was wrong. You need to do the same.

I am not upset at all...just discussing why they won't sell the stripe to an authorized shelby dealer is all I was wondering. :unsure:

We all just need to go out and drive our cars and remember what brought us here :P :D ;)

Can't we all just get along? :unsure:

Well I guess I get to be the bad guy tonight.

I did know about the program to have superchargers and other parts installed by Shelby. I knew about it from this forum and another forum back before ordering opened. The ability to have a Shelby installed supercharger was the final over the top reason why I bought a Shelby GT and not a GT500.

I ordered my car on November 28th. On November 29th, I called SAI and advised them of my intentions. My Shelby GT was completed on Jan 15th. I waited for the Mod shop to complete my Shelby GT/SC. I picked Precious up on May 18th.

The Shelby GT/SC stripe was a grass roots effort started by several owners who were waiting for the cars to be completed and kept seeing new special packages for the GT500 (40th, KR, Super Snake). Those waiting Shelby GT owners called, emailed and posted until almost by surprise one day the first car showed up with the Shelby GT/SC stripe. One of our members picked up the first supercharged Shelby GT/SC before SAI decided on the stripe. The stripe was sent to him.

Now I can understand the reasons of those wanting SAI to send the stripe with a mail ordered supercharger. I understand the reasons for having to mail order said supercharger (time, cost, shipping). However, I hope everybody understands why those of us that did wait 4-6 extra months, did pay the higher then average prices for parts and labor from SAI, and did pay extra for a Museum Delivery or shipping do not want SAI to send the "Shelby GT/SC" stripe with mail ordered super chargers.

I wish I lived close enough to make musem delivery practical-I'd gladly pay the extra $500 after hearing about everyones experiences/seeing pictures from museum delivery-your post almost makes it sound like a burden or priveledge entitled to only a GT/SC owner----be careful your bordering on GT500 owner there. I bought my car 4 months ago tomorrow and am getting no supercharger and still haven't seen the car/can't get an answer when it'll be delivered-there are others that have waited as long also-can we get a special stripe for our wait? GEESH- I can't blame anyone for not wanting to send their cars back to SAI and wait until the KR,SS,40th ann and 08 GT's and GTH's are finished for a supercharger to be installed-you'd probably wait for 2 years to get it back, not to mention the expense involved in shipping it. As far as the stripe, even if mine were supercharged, I'd want the regular stripe- I don't really like the SHELBY GT/SC stripe---it's too long winded for my tastes. As has been mentioned, your car will be a GT/SC in the registry since SAI did it, the others may have a stripe indicating such, but it won't be in the registry, therefore a future owner will probably have to remove the supercharger/stripe to get it back to "original". As one of the guys opting for a NA car,by choice I must add (even though I didn't find out about mods unitl I found this forum in May-car was bought in March), this seems like a silly argument and you guys should play nice :P

Socal-your car looks incredible, the wheels are just phenomenal, polished SC, everything looks great

Sdear yours looks great mod free (except when there's a lime green speedo reflected)

ones supercharged the other isn't, but they're both SHELBY GT's and we need to stay united as a group of owners rather thatn having this GT/SC vs the GT rift---we should be railing on the GT500 owners not each other

:)

I wish I lived close enough to make musem delivery practical-I'd gladly pay the extra $500 after hearing about everyones experiences/seeing pictures from museum delivery-your post almost makes it sound like a burden or priveledge entitled to only a GT/SC owner----be careful your bordering on GT500 owner there. I bought my car 4 months ago tomorrow and am getting no supercharger and still haven't seen the car/can't get an answer when it'll be delivered-there are others that have waited as long also-can we get a special stripe for our wait? GEESH- I can't blame anyone for not wanting to send their cars back to SAI and wait until the KR,SS,40th ann and 08 GT's and GTH's are finished for a supercharger to be installed-you'd probably wait for 2 years to get it back, not to mention the expense involved in shipping it. As far as the stripe, even if mine were supercharged, I'd want the regular stripe- I don't really like the SHELBY GT/SC stripe---it's too long winded for my tastes. As has been mentioned, your car will be a GT/SC in the registry since SAI did it, the others may have a stripe indicating such, but it won't be in the registry, therefore a future owner will probably have to remove the supercharger/stripe to get it back to "original". As one of the guys opting for a NA car,by choice I must add (even though I didn't find out about mods unitl I found this forum in May-car was bought in March), this seems like a silly argument and you guys should play nice :P

Socal-your car looks incredible, the wheels are just phenomenal, polished SC, everything looks great

Sdear yours looks great mod free (except when there's a lime green speedo reflected)

ones supercharged the other isn't, but they're both SHELBY GT's and we need to stay united as a group of owners rather thatn having this GT/SC vs the GT rift---we should be railing on the GT500 owners not each other

Ok, Your right......... :)

But i still say if your buying a close to 6 grand S/C, you should still get the sticker and let the Registry sort it out if need be. :)

Ok, I'm done, No friction between us, just a discusion on the forums...... :)

Anybody watch the NHRA Drags today from Washington? Good racing for sure. I wish they could bring back Ford to Pro Stock. Its hard trying to root for a non Ford car :)

If I came off arrogant and I have offended people, I am sorry. It wasn't my intention to come off like I think the superchrged cars are better. I don't believe they are. I wanted to express the other side of the discussion. Perhaps I was the wrong person to do that.

I have been on this forum a long time with a lot of post. I believe this is the first time I have offended people. To most of those I may have offended, I hope my past conduct will mitigate this offense. I enjoy this forum. I enjoy getting and giving help, comments, and an occasional laugh.

I did not buy this car for an investment. I work on a four, ten hour day schedule. My Shelby is the only car I drive the other three days. Even if it is just to the barber or grocery store. I have done several modifications that would detract from the value to a collector. I love my car and every Shelby GT, GT500, GT350, GT-H & Cobra I see.

Archived