TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger

So let me get this straight, If we want the Shelby GT/SC decal we have to get the s/c installed in Vegas, So we will have to wait untill they get done with the 900 currant shelbyGT's and then wait on the new SS and the blue vert, so are we taliking about next summer?.

As I have seen some have been waiting for 6 to 7 months for the cars?. I dont think a decal is worth waiting that long for when an authorized shelby dealer can installe the paxton s/c very quickly. I do think if we buy the s/c from shelbys website we should be able to get a twenty dollar decal?, Dont flame me cause I am just trying to get the story straight. p.s. the car can be a sleeper if they decal wasnt on the car.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its better if Shelby cars maintains factory / manufacturer originality in every way possible, so I agree that the stripe should not be released unless Shelby itself installs the s/c. This will help keep every Shelby owners car more special and valuable.

So let me get this straight, If we want the Shelby GT/SC decal we have to get the s/c installed in Vegas, So we will have to wait untill they get done with the 900 currant shelbyGT's and then wait on the new SS and the blue vert, so are we taliking about next summer?.

As I have seen some have been waiting for 6 to 7 months for the cars?. I dont think a decal is worth waiting that long for when an authorized shelby dealer can installe the paxton s/c very quickly. I do think if we buy the s/c from shelbys website we should be able to get a twenty dollar decal?, Dont flame me cause I am just trying to get the story straight. p.s. the car can be a sleeper if they decal wasnt on the car.

Cut your own decal and save time.......... The font is not that difficult to duplicate........

I think its great you bought your shelby for that special car feeling and a great investment, I have bought mine to enjoy it, Its too late to keep it stock, I put a bullit antenna on it

Don't misunderstand; I enjoy mine plenty! I hope you have a great time with yours also. :D I am curious though; did you mean to say billet antenna, or bullit? I have not heard of a bullit antenna.

Maybe it can be made as part of the "KIT" ? Buy the S/C kit online and it comes with the decal, and its going to have my SAI CSM# on the tag on the S/C anyway so it would tie the whole kit together?

Just a thought................ :)

My SC car did not come with the SGT/SC decal. I think they started putting those on the second install. But John was nice enough to send me one for my file. I am going to leave it w/o because i figure its a little different. The next owner will have to decide if they want to put the decal on or not

....that is what I would do if it was my car also. Not only do you have a sleeper but also a nice piece of the history puzzle. Your /SC was so early (the first, still hating you) it was built before SAI decided to add the stripes and call the cars Shelby GT/SC. The only problem is convincing the masses that it truly is a Shelby GT/SC but that will be part of the fun...........unless you get a real "know it all" who just can't be convinced.

My SC car did not come with the SGT/SC decal. I think they started putting those on the second install. But John was nice enough to send me one for my file. I am going to leave it w/o because i figure its a little different. The next owner will have to decide if they want to put the decal on or not

Actually, mine came this way also (GT/SC sticker sent later). John told me 3 SC cars were built the first week (week of 4/23): one for California (I guess cm198 because John said it was for factory pickup), one for Texas (don't know where that one went), and mine (florida). I put the stickers in the file for the kids to apply someday.

I'm not trying to get anyone at SAI riled up here but having to have them install the SC to get the stripe really kind of gripes me. I bought my car off the showroom floor without knowing that I could order one with the SC. If I had known then I would have waited and had them build me one.

It really stinks that I have to send my car from Tennessee back to Nevada in order to get the stripe kit. I think they should do something for those of us that were never told about this option. With a baby on the way I am having to sell my 67 F100 in order to have the money to get the SC. There is no way I can afford to also get my car across the country. If I had been told about this at purchase time I could have included the extra cost in the financing.

I'm not trying to get anyone at SAI riled up here but having to have them install the SC to get the stripe really kind of riles me. I bought my car off the showroom floor without knowing that I could order one with the SC. If I had known then I would have waited and had them build me one.

It really stinks that I have to send my car from Tennessee back to Nevada in order to get the stripe kit. I think they should do something for those of us that were never told about this option. With a baby on the way I am having to sell my 67 F100 in order to have the money to get rhe SC. There is no way I can afford to also get my car across the country. If I had been told about this at purchase time I could have included the extra cost in the financing.

Rumor has it there might be an east coast mod shop. If so, and I don't know where it will be, maybe that might be an acceptable alternative???

Rumor has it there might be an east coast mod shop. If so, and I don't know where it will be, maybe that might be an acceptable alternative???

An East coast shop would be fine but according to Bud the only way to get the stripe is to have the addition done in Vegas. I hate to gripe but this is one thing that really pi***s me off. My dealer knew nothing about this and I didn't find out until I joined this site. Oh well, I guess thats just my luck. Like a saying I heard one time, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

An East coast shop would be fine but according to Bud the only way to get the stripe is to have the addition done in Vegas. I hate to gripe but this is one thing that really pi***s me off. My dealer knew nothing about this and I didn't find out until I joined this site. Oh well, I guess thats just my luck. Like a saying I heard one time, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

Agreed, I took delivery in HAWAII- to get my car to Vegas to get a SC installed and a stripe would be cost prohibitive (round trip $2500)

I'd like to buy it have it shipped to my only dealership and have them install...

Maybe it can be made as part of the "KIT" ? Buy the S/C kit online and it comes with the decal, and its going to have my SAI CSM# on the tag on the S/C anyway so it would tie the whole kit together?

Just a thought................ :)

Actually Ed it would not have your CSM number on the SC. Those are just production numbers and your car number would not be there. And SAI will not relent on the SC striping issue, they do not want clones or repro cars and the only people that will be in the registry with an SC will be those who have their cars done @ SAI. That would be OK BUT they will not get them done in a timely manner and your car would just sit for 6-8 months @ SAI until they decide to do it. DISGUSTING-

Agreed, I took delivery in HAWAII- to get my car to Vegas to get a SC installed and a stripe would be cost prohibitive (round trip $2500)

I'd like to buy it have it shipped to my only dealership and have them install...

Surely a concession could be made for that situation. They are good people although highly overextended right now. I'm sure some there are keeping blood pressure medication companies in business! ;) I would contact SAI directly and see what could be worked out assuming you're serious about buying a S/C...

Doug, Bud or John. Heck even Amy is accessible at times.

Surely a concession could be made for that situation. They are good people although highly overextended right now. I'm sure some there are keeping blood pressure medication companies in business! ;) I would contact SAI directly and see what could be worked out assuming you're serious about buying a S/C...

Doug, Bud or John. Heck even Amy is accessible at times.

Mod shop, mod shop, moodd shoppp musik39.gif

Mod shop, mod shop, moodd shoppp musik39.gif

Okay, I won't give up the day job, unless SAI hires me. But for now, I'm done writing songs LOL.

Hi All,

Newbie here, picked up my SGT about 3 weeks ago and love it, other than the annoying short comings, which I will save you the grief of hearing as I am sure you've heard them already.

I did send a e-mail to SAI, and got a return phone call, my wife talked to Dave I think and he said NEXT summer will be the earliest they will bring cars back to SAI for any Mods.

I do want the SC, and would prefer the work be done at SAI in keeping with originality for the purpose of future collectable :unsure: . I enjoy my car, as well as my 100th Anniversary Sream'n Eagle HD hopefully of some value when I am dead and gone...lol...

I read where someone was concerned about collectability and I agree with him. If we wanted the norm, we would have bought GT's. We spent the money for a SGT and from what I have seen in excess of 10K more than retail in some cases. Why would someone choose to spend that money and proceed to modify a car and possibly destroy future resale value, by a GT and Mod the crap out of it and keep your SGT a SGT.

I will send mine back when they are accepting them, and if they do a Right Coast Shop even better, as I'm in NH and Nevada is a long way from here.

So, please keep us Newbies informed or up to date with info, mine is 2674 bought in Maine, I paid 39K and down the street they wanted 49K for the same car....amazing....

Hi All,

Newbie here, picked up my SGT about 3 weeks ago and love it, other than the annoying short comings, which I will save you the grief of hearing as I am sure you've heard them already.

I did send a e-mail to SAI, and got a return phone call, my wife talked to Dave I think and he said NEXT summer will be the earliest they will bring cars back to SAI for any Mods.

I do want the SC, and would prefer the work be done at SAI in keeping with originality for the purpose of future collectable :unsure: . I enjoy my car, as well as my 100th Anniversary Sream'n Eagle HD hopefully of some value when I am dead and gone...lol...

I read where someone was concerned about collectability and I agree with him. If we wanted the norm, we would have bought GT's. We spent the money for a SGT and from what I have seen in excess of 10K more than retail in some cases. Why would someone choose to spend that money and proceed to modify a car and possibly destroy future resale value, by a GT and Mod the crap out of it and keep your SGT a SGT.

I will send mine back when they are accepting them, and if they do a Right Coast Shop even better, as I'm in NH and Nevada is a long way from here.

So, please keep us Newbies informed or up to date with info, mine is 2674 bought in Maine, I paid 39K and down the street they wanted 49K for the same car....amazing....

Welcome to the forum and SGT club. Glad your enjoying your car. It is something special. All of my mods are being purchased at time of delivery. Most are being performed at SAI. But it will be all Shelby. I ended up purchasing from a great dealer on the forum from GA. the local market is $10K over.

Drive and enjoy! Welcome again.

I'm not trying to get anyone at SAI riled up here but having to have them install the SC to get the stripe really kind of gripes me. I bought my car off the showroom floor without knowing that I could order one with the SC. If I had known then I would have waited and had them build me one.

It really stinks that I have to send my car from Tennessee back to Nevada in order to get the stripe kit. I think they should do something for those of us that were never told about this option. With a baby on the way I am having to sell my 67 F100 in order to have the money to get the SC. There is no way I can afford to also get my car across the country. If I had been told about this at purchase time I could have included the extra cost in the financing.

I am right there with you.....we didn't know until after we bought the car. We would definately buy the SC from SAI, but would like to have the authorized Shelby dealer here in Florida install it....WITH a stripe !

It would cost almost as much to send the car back to vegas...and i surely dont want to drive it there.

Please SAI...reconsider this if it's purchased at SAI.

Thanks,

Sue

Well I guess I get to be the bad guy tonight.

I did know about the program to have superchargers and other parts installed by Shelby. I knew about it from this forum and another forum back before ordering opened. The ability to have a Shelby installed supercharger was the final over the top reason why I bought a Shelby GT and not a GT500.

I ordered my car on November 28th. On November 29th, I called SAI and advised them of my intentions. My Shelby GT was completed on Jan 15th. I waited for the Mod shop to complete my Shelby GT/SC. I picked Precious up on May 18th.

The Shelby GT/SC stripe was a grass roots effort started by several owners who were waiting for the cars to be completed and kept seeing new special packages for the GT500 (40th, KR, Super Snake). Those waiting Shelby GT owners called, emailed and posted until almost by surprise one day the first car showed up with the Shelby GT/SC stripe. One of our members picked up the first supercharged Shelby GT/SC before SAI decided on the stripe. The stripe was sent to him.

Now I can understand the reasons of those wanting SAI to send the stripe with a mail ordered supercharger. I understand the reasons for having to mail order said supercharger (time, cost, shipping). However, I hope everybody understands why those of us that did wait 4-6 extra months, did pay the higher then average prices for parts and labor from SAI, and did pay extra for a Museum Delivery or shipping do not want SAI to send the "Shelby GT/SC" stripe with mail ordered super chargers.

Well I guess I get to be the bad guy tonight.

I did know about the program to have superchargers and other parts installed by Shelby. I knew about it from this forum and another forum back before ordering opened. The ability to have a Shelby installed supercharger was the final over the top reason why I bought a Shelby GT and not a GT500.

I ordered my car on November 28th. On November 29th, I called SAI and advised them of my intentions. My Shelby GT was completed on Jan 15th. I waited for the Mod shop to complete my Shelby GT/SC. I picked Precious up on May 18th.

The Shelby GT/SC stripe was a grass roots effort started by several owners who were waiting for the cars to be completed and kept seeing new special packages for the GT500 (40th, KR, Super Snake). Those waiting Shelby GT owners called, emailed and posted until almost by surprise one day the first car showed up with the Shelby GT/SC stripe. One of our members picked up the first supercharged Shelby GT/SC before SAI decided on the stripe. The stripe was sent to him.

Now I can understand the reasons of those wanting SAI to send the stripe with a mail ordered supercharger. I understand the reasons for having to mail order said supercharger (time, cost, shipping). However, I hope everybody understands why those of us that did wait 4-6 extra months, did pay the higher then average prices for parts and labor from SAI, and did pay extra for a Museum Delivery or shipping do not want SAI to send the "Shelby GT/SC" stripe with mail ordered super chargers.

Ok, :)

You waited 4-6 months? :)

We are going to have to wait over a year. :angry:

You payed higher then average for parts and labor? :)

We will probably end up paying the same, perhaps more by then. :angry:

You payed for the Museum delivery? :)

Most of use are going to have to pay double that to have the car shipped back to SAI. :angry:

No Offence but, I think there's going to be alot of people (If they do it) that will end up paying alot more then you did for the SHELBY GT / SC stripe. :)

Ok, :)

You waited 4-6 months? :)

We are going to have to wait over a year. :angry:

You payed higher then average for parts and labor? :)

We will probably end up paying the same, perhaps more by then. :angry:

You payed for the Museum delivery? :)

Most of use are going to have to pay double that to have the car shipped back to SAI. :angry:

No Offence but, I think there's going to be alot of people (If they do it) that will end up paying alot more then you did for the SHELBY GT / SC stripe. :)

I agree Ed.

Socal..it's not our fault we didn't know ....should we blame the salesman at Ford?

We should be entilted to have to the same stripe if the S/C is purchased at Shelby. I would only have mine installed by an authorized Shelby dealer. I just can't justify the cost of shipping the car back to Vegas for a sripe !

When we were in the process of buying this car, we had no idea that we could order one and do mods in vegas.......because we definately would have done that and the museum experience.

If you are trying to put a "value" on this stripe.....then yes..YOUR car will be worth more than mine since it was done in vegas !!!

Why would you care??? Me living in Florida, you across the country..... I just don't understand this thinking. (not trying to be rude..just discussing )

We all have a car that will be rare someday........those with s/c' s installed in vegas will be the most rare !

Why does Shelby "authorize" dealers to do work or build their cars in other cities then?

I would love for SAI to open a mod shop on the east coast...then it wouldn't be an issue.

But I dont feel those of us that "didnt know " or weren't informed of this in the buying process should be penalized.

Thanks for listening.

Sue

I agree Ed.

Socal..it's not our fault we didn't know ....should we blame the salesman at Ford?

We should be entilted to have to the same stripe if the S/C is purchased at Shelby. I would only have mine installed by an authorized Shelby dealer. I just can't justify the cost of shipping the car back to Vegas for a sripe !

When we were in the process of buying this car, we had no idea that we could order one and do mods in vegas.......because we definately would have done that and the museum experience.

If you are trying to put a "value" on this stripe.....then yes..YOUR car will be worth more than mine since it was done in vegas !!!

Why would you care??? Me living in Florida, you across the country..... I just don't understand this thinking. (not trying to be rude..just discussing )

We all have a car that will be rare someday........those with s/c' s installed in vegas will be the most rare !

Why does Shelby "authorize" dealers to do work or build their cars in other cities then?

I would love for SAI to open a mod shop on the east coast...then it wouldn't be an issue.

But I dont feel those of us that "didnt know " or weren't informed of this in the buying process should be penalized.

Thanks for listening.

Sue

+1 Sue................... :)

"If you are trying to put a "value" on this stripe.....then yes..YOUR car will be worth more than mine since it was done in vegas !!! "

Maybe thats the whole point? By doing it this way alot of people are not going to do it because of the added finacial aspect of it, then thier will be less that had it done in "Vegas" there fore only a hand full of the "Original" Vegas cars ect..........

Maybe i watch to much CSI Las Vegas? :)

+1 Sue................... :)

"If you are trying to put a "value" on this stripe.....then yes..YOUR car will be worth more than mine since it was done in vegas !!! "

Maybe thats the whole point? By doing it this way alot of people are not going to do it because of the added finacial aspect of it, then thier will be less that had it done in "Vegas" there fore only a hand full of the "Original" Vegas cars ect..........

Maybe i watch to much CSI Las Vegas? :)

Like my husband even said...maybe Shelby could put a little ID plate on the SC's installed in vegas....(they might already ) .....and the ones that aren't put on in vegas won't have that plate? That would make them worth more ! Everyone gets the stripe ! :P ( if purchased from SAI )

Of course you would already have paper work to show it was done at SAI...whereas mine wouldn't.

I know SAI has already ruled on this...but I wish they would reconsider forthe few of us that want to do this.

Archived