TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gas station experience haha

sdear

Tonight I stop for gas.

Some guy in a Ford fusion is behind me at the pumps.

He says..nice car. I said thanks. He says... " I have a 2003 Cobra home in the garage " ..

I said..great..awesome car !

He says : Can my cobra take that thing? ( now mind you I am almost 50 lol )

I said " well..depends what you have in that cobra " :P

He says " your car supercharged ? "

I said Nahh....not yet anyways.

He laughs..says " I would kill you..I have almost 700 HP in my Cobra "

I said..wow..no wonder you have it in the garage :D

He says " I also have a bullit 2001 3000 original miles in the garage"

I said... good for you

He says " so if I pull up next to a shelby, I know my cobra will take it "

I said..." well that is not exactly true...as many of them are supercharged "

He says " well...I can tell by the way it sounds if it is supercharged "

I said " oh really.....that is wonderful.

I got in my car and started the engine :P , and rolled my window down....and said " dont judge a book by it's cover " hahaha...and took off

I wonder if his name was " Mr. One Up " :P :lol:

Oh..almost forgot..he says..nice choice of colors....I said " they only come in black and white" for now lol

Susie, Oh, never mind.

I was going to say something that I thought was funny (against him) but I wouldn't want you to take it wrong so I might as well not post.

Great and funny story. That seems to be the trend with us SGT people, we all seem to have class. Well, at least all of you seem to have class. My wife tells me I have none and I'm starting to believe her. LOL

I read a few stories like this and had a similar encounter when I briefly owned a white 82 Porsche 911 Targa back in 1986. A guy pulls up to me and for no reason says F*** you and F*** your Porsche (ironically he was driving a mustang). I responded with a wave and said "Thank You"

It just seems that for some reason, the SGT causes a visceral reaction in some mustang owners who feel the need to put the SGT down, or say with their mods their car is faster and cheaper than a SGT. Who knows? Maybe it's been this way since the first GT-350 hit the road.

I guess I better prepare myself for the possibility of more of this type of behavior.

Sue,

If you see this guy again you should say,"ya your car may have more HP than mine, but on your best day your car doesn't look half as good as mine"." And oh, by the way mine's a Shelby".

Dave

I agree, why is it that just because you get a car that YOU really wanted, every Tom, Dick, and Chevy wants to challange you and claim their ride will whip your ride.

They can all kiss my 3.55 rearend. I didn't buy my Shelby for braging rights. For me, I love Mustangs and this baby is one sweet Mustang. I want to get a big decal for the side of my car that reads:

Piss off you jealous idiots. If all I wanted was to race you Neanderthals, I'd have bought the GT500!

I agree, why is it that just because you get a car that YOU really wanted, every Tom, Dick, and Chevy wants to challange you and claim their ride will whip your ride.

They can all kiss my 3.55 rearend. I didn't buy my Shelby for braging rights. For me, I love Mustangs and this baby is one sweet Mustang. I want to get a big decal for the side of my car that reads:

Piss off you jealous idiots. If all I wanted was to race you Neanderthals, I'd have bought the GT500!

oh yea i would get 2 stickers.... wait im not a one upper. good post sue.

michael morris

oh yea i would get 2 stickers.... wait im not a one upper. good post sue.

michael morris

haha....now that would be funny :P

Most people are very complimentary.....but this guy was just a moron. This guy really had no clue about this car...and it was driving him nuts as he walked around it.

When I drove away..he just sat in his "fusion" and watched me pull away. :D :P :P

haha....now that would be funny :P

Most people are very complimentary.....but this guy was just a moron. This guy really had no clue about this car...and it was driving him nuts as he walked around it.

When I drove away..he just sat in his "fusion" and watched me pull away. :D :P :P

Next time just say, "If you haven't noticed I'm a woman. I can't play mine's bigger than your's. Besides, from the way your acting I may have the advantage!"

<_< I get asked all the time if its supercharged. Or Ill get asked how much horsepower does it have. I hate to saying 319 because then I get that look and a OHH. Im kinda hesatent to say what it has. Theres family cars that more than this car does. But anyways I thought I would give my 2 cents.

<_< I get asked all the time if its supercharged. Or Ill get asked how much horsepower does it have. I hate to saying 319 because then I get that look and a OHH. Im kinda hesatent to say what it has. Theres family cars that more than this car does. But anyways I thought I would give my 2 cents.

.....say it has 325 or 330, that is what the dynos are showing or better yet take to a good tuner and have them make a little more for you. I am confident with a little tweaking (smooth elbow, more aggressive tune, etc) and not as much money as a supercharger the normally aspirated cars can make 340-350. But I could be talking out of my.....

Or...

Play the dumb card

"My husband said it's got a v-4 motor thingy. I don't know. We bought it off of an Asian kid because I thought it was cute. I wish it didn't have all those stickers on it though but the hood bump looks cool!" And don't forget at some point and time to talk about the "tacky silver plate on the front thingy being in the way of your cell phone/lipstick holder" and you are "going to get pink seat covers with big dasies to cover up the vinyl seats because they get so hot and gray is so ugly."

Women can get away with that.

the SGT is more of a road track car. the extra HP on the track is not always an advantage when theres alot of turns involved. anyone car can go straight, but not all cars can turn left and right.

michael morris

the SGT is more of a road track car. the extra HP on the track is not always an advantage when theres alot of turns involved. anyone car can go straight, but not all cars can turn left and right.

michael morris

you sound just like my hubby...that is what he said. He said the SGT would def take the turns much better.

Tonight I stop for gas.

Some guy in a Ford fusion is behind me at the pumps.

He says..nice car. I said thanks. He says... " I have a 2003 Cobra home in the garage " ..

I said..great..awesome car !

He says : Can my cobra take that thing? ( now mind you I am almost 50 lol )

I said " well..depends what you have in that cobra " :P

He says " your car supercharged ? "

I said Nahh....not yet anyways.

He laughs..says " I would kill you..I have almost 700 HP in my Cobra "

I said..wow..no wonder you have it in the garage :D

He says " I also have a bullit 2001 3000 original miles in the garage"

I said... good for you

He says " so if I pull up next to a shelby, I know my cobra will take it "

I said..." well that is not exactly true...as many of them are supercharged "

He says " well...I can tell by the way it sounds if it is supercharged "

I said " oh really.....that is wonderful.

I got in my car and started the engine :P , and rolled my window down....and said " dont judge a book by it's cover " hahaha...and took off

I wonder if his name was " Mr. One Up " :P :lol:

Oh..almost forgot..he says..nice choice of colors....I said " they only come in black and white" for now lol

Sue-You could have always told him your other ride wears a green speedo!! :P

My question would be why was he cruisin in the fusion with a cobra and a bullit in thhe garage?? :unsure:

In the rear window of my last mustang was a large decal that read "only little boys wear bowties"--that usually took care of the Chevy part of Tom, Dick and Chevy-of course the little extra somethin' under the hood backed it up nicely.

I'm like you guys though-I didn't buy this car to be a world beater, I bought it because my dream car has always been a Shelby Mustang-so +1 for the 3.55 kiss

Archived